Sun tv question

evgal/nj

will be on the sun 11/2011, have read on the boards that ncl have down sized tv selections, sooo i was planning to bring sm. dvd player or lap top to play movies, tv show disc's, anyone know if the tv's have port to accomadate this?

thanks

karen

The Sun will be in drydock for three weeks in January. They could possibly be changing the TV's that are in there now, so you should probably wait to ask someone after the drydock. Incidentally, I will be on the first sailing after drydock, so I will try to remember to check. :)

will be on the sun 11/2011, have read on the boards that ncl have down sized tv selections, sooo i was planning to bring sm. dvd player or lap top to play movies, tv show disc's, anyone know if the tv's have port to accomadate this?

thanks

karen

Not sure what the drydock will yield and if NCL will upgrade all the TVs. Maybe someone who has been on a different ship recently drydocked can give an idea if NCL updates their old style TVs.

It may also depend on what type of room you are in. We were in an AE in June and we had a 19" flat panel that had all the inputs - rca, vga, s, coax. Those in an AC had two tvs - one old and one flat panel.

All the other tvs I could see in inside or balcony cabins were white, older style tvs about 12" diameter. The programming was MSNBC, BBC, Sky News, Sky Sports, 2 English movie channels and 2 foreign language movie channels.

This was in Europe so I'm not sure if they'll tailer your shows much, but programming was cut back quite a bit a few years ago from my experience.

If you like "The Proposal" you might be in luck because it seems NCL has a lock on that movie as they showed it constantly when we were on the Star last September and on the Sun in June. I was surprised to see some more current movies being shown like "UP" and "Angels and Demons".

Archived