Anyone Booked Beyond April 2006?

Victory Bound

We are a family group of 9 and we always book our cruises far in advance. I have been checking 2006 rates for some time now and they haven't added prices beyond April of 2006 for months.

Is anyone else frustrated with this?

I would imagine within the next month or so 2006 bookings will be available. Expect a big jump in fares. So prepare yourself :)

I am booked for Hawaii on the Spirit in April of 06. I haven't seen to many other "06" cruises out there yet. I can get my cruise to come up as a choice but when I go in to look at prices it says there is no cruise available for that day. I think it will be a while before they have everything in there.

Why is there going to be a jump in prices? This would be a major disappointment to all of us. We try to book early to take advantage of any "early booking" discounts.

We are looking at sailing on the Pride out of Long Beach. I guess I need to be patient and see what happens.

Thanks all!

Why is there going to be a jump in prices? This would be a major disappointment to all of us. We try to book early to take advantage of any "early booking" discounts.

We are looking at sailing on the Pride out of Long Beach. I guess I need to be patient and see what happens.

Thanks all!

Cruise prices have been steadily rising over the past few months. Booking early is still the best way to get the exact cabins your want. Since Carnival wont have any brand new ships for 2006, that will also cause the prices to increase, because the demand will be great for the other ships.

I wouldnt worry too much, cruises will still be a great bargain compared to most other vacation options.

We have a group of 80 that will be sailing in either late July or early August, 2006.

I spoke with a Carnival representative today and he said the prices for July 2006 should be available really soon (probably no later than March) and it is best to reserve in advance because the prices will be cheaper.

But he couldn't give me an exact date of when they would be available.

I guess we have to keep checking in!

I imagine Carnival is still trying to figure out where to put the new ships and how to reposition the rest of the fleet.

I don't think there will be a huge increase in fares. The Caribbean will still be the bargain area. Others will reposition ships if demand exceeds supply. One issue will be ports - many are already at or close to capacity and new ports will have to be added/built/developed.

I imagine Carnival is still trying to figure out where to put the new ships and how to reposition the rest of the fleet.

I don't think there will be a huge increase in fares. The Caribbean will still be the bargain area. Others will reposition ships if demand exceeds supply. One issue will be ports - many are already at or close to capacity and new ports will have to be added/built/developed.

If you pick up a 2005-2006 you can already look at the schedules for all of 2006 and part of 2007. Liberty already has a homeport and Freedom wont sail until Feb of 07.

We are a family group of 9 and we always book our cruises far in advance. I have been checking 2006 rates for some time now and they haven't added prices beyond April of 2006 for months.

Is anyone else frustrated with this?

We usaully book far in advance so we can get a good balcony cabin in the aft of the ship (plus time to save up ;) ) But I was hoping they will have June - August 2006 prices up by this April.

If you pick up a 2005-2006 you can already look at the schedules for all of 2006 and part of 2007. Liberty already has a homeport and Freedom wont sail until Feb of 07.

I have the newest brochure, and in talking to our TA, they said that most of the schedules in that brochure SHOULD be accurate... but she did of course CHA and say "everything is subject to change", LOL... so things should remain fairly the same, since the catalog is already out...

I have the newest brochure, and in talking to our TA, they said that most of the schedules in that brochure SHOULD be accurate... but she did of course CHA and say "everything is subject to change", LOL... so things should remain fairly the same, since the catalog is already out...

I would imagine they will wait until Freedom, to do massive ship reposistions, but as you say everything is subject to change. I expected to see a panama canal crossing listed.

I am also ready to book for 2006, credit card in hand. Most of the other lines have had 2006 sailings available for months! Some are even selling into 2007. I wonder why Carnival drags their feet. I'm ready to plunk down $2000 right now and have been since October. It sucks because we are planning on getting married on the Miracle and want to have as much time as possible for planning and we can't even set a date until Carnival does. I'm checking daily as well, will let you guys know as soon as I see anything.

Carnival only has prices posted through March 2006. I'm also looking for prices for the Liberty in May 2006.

BJ - which itinerary are you looking at?

It's funny reading this post again -- everyone has "their credit card in hand . . ." Heck, I've got my cabin picked out already!! LOL It really is a "sickness" -- it's "sea sickness" but not the bad kind!

I check daily for when May goes up . . . even though I know it'll probably happen March 1 . . . but I'm ready.

I know sickness! LOL! Our group cruise is over 600 days away and we already have a couple thousand posts on our group thread.... we are just slightly ready to go! LOL!!!!!! But it's always fun planning... we are being patient :D Well, sort of.... okay, not really :eek:

Thanks Everyone. It's nice to know that I do not suffer from this illness (or is it a sickness?) alone.

I have had my deposit saved for months, just waiting to give it to someone. I created a PowerPoint presentation to present to all of my family members, so they are fully informed. I have put together a cost analysis for my DH, so that I can prove to him that this trip won't put us in the poor house. Now I just have to wait. That is the hardest part for me.

I feel for everyone who has deposit money burning a hole in their pocket!

As someone mentioned, the newest Carnival catalog is out with 2006 dates and prices. We just booked with no problem. I'm sure prices can and will change, it's the old law of supply and demand.:( Talk about sickness! We haven't even been home from the Legend for 2 weeks yet and we are already booked for next year!;)

Archived