Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

U.S. prices for the Premium package are $62.10 ($54.00 + 15% service). This is after a price increase that went into effect a month or so ago. Prior to that prices were $56.35 ($49+15%). So it looks like your prices are equal to the older USA prices. if they are still charging based on those it might be worth it.

When we sailed from Barcelona last fall I believe they were only charging Spanish tax on items bought at port and before we enterred international waters. Our cruise included Spain, Italy, Croatia, Italy, France and Spain in that order if that makes any difference. I recall our friends buying a package on board and holding off until the first morning to avoid the tax and we had tax added onto our ala carte beverage purchases only the first evening.

Thanks Larry for your input. Sounds like we are doing the same itinerary.

Peter

Under Non Alcoholic Cards.

The Celebrity site says that the Speciality coffees include alcohol (which is strange being under the the above category)and the Premium coffees are like Lattes, caps, etc....

Has anyone purchased these "Non Alcoholic cards", as I am slightly confused.

Thanks

Does anyone know the new prices yet? Is the drink price limit for premium package still 12$ or is it 13,75$? Or is the higher limit only for Southampton sailings?

Hi,

The only difference is the way the drinks are priced. On the Eclipse out of Southampton the upper limit $13.75 (gratuity included). On other ships it is $12 (+15%).

On the the Eclipse Drinks menus show the cost including gratuity. on other ships cost shown without 15%.

It was my impression that the prices for alcoholic drinks for 2011 is the same as for 2010.

Jim

Under Non Alcoholic Cards.

The Celebrity site says that the Speciality coffees include alcohol (which is strange being under the the above category)and the Premium coffees are like Lattes, caps, etc....

Has anyone purchased these "Non Alcoholic cards", as I am slightly confused.

Thanks

From what I've read on these boards, the Celebrity web site and what I've seen on the ships, there has been a lot of confusion as to whether the specialty coffees with alcohol are included in the premium non-alcoholic package or not. In fact there seems to be a lot of confusion as to exactly what a "specialty" coffee is. Yes, the Celebrity website has an FAQ that says they are but I know people that had the package and were refused these on board. I'm just speculating here, but I'd guess this is a big disconnect between some marketing person who made up the term "specialty coffee" and the ship staff who don't know what that term means.

You can also ask the cabin Steward to empty the contents of the mini bar to have use of the fridge for the whole sailing. This also insures that they not charge you for anything from the Mini Bar. From my experience, they check the mini bar daily and re-stock as needed, with the appropriate charges....

Our experience on the Eclipse recently was that when we asked them to remove the items from the minibar/fridge, they did so--and put them in a bag in the closet!! And stacked the cans of Coke etc. on the desk.

Since this was in our kids' room (ages 15 and 12) we were certainly hoping they would take them out of the room completely. We had kind of an odd steward, though, so maybe others have had a different experience.

Diane

Our experience on the Eclipse recently was that when we asked them to remove the items from the minibar/fridge, they did so--and put them in a bag in the closet!! And stacked the cans of Coke etc. on the desk.

Since this was in our kids' room (ages 15 and 12) we were certainly hoping they would take them out of the room completely. We had kind of an odd steward, though, so maybe others have had a different experience.

Diane

They've always just stored the items someplace in our cabin when we've asked. The only way to prevent mini bar useage in the kids cabin is to have them lock the mini bar.

Edited by Lsimon

On Eclipse in May we asked for the fridge to be emptied, the steward asked if he could leave the stock in the door, which was OK with us, the rest was removed from the cabin. We had a great steward, we were in Aqua and there were always 2 bottles of water for us, and 3 on port days. We did not like the iced tea, so he provided us with fresh juices every day, nothing was to much trouble for him or his assistant, and well worth an extra tip at the end of the cruise.

Richard

Anyone know how to post an Excel Spreadsheet on this thread?

I have reworked the Drink Package Evaluator Spreadsheet so it will calculate the totals for Port/Sea days.

It is attached to our Roll Call for those on the Silhouette Nov. 18th cruise, but unable to attach it here yet.

It is extremely easy to use!

AND, if I convert to Google Docs. it changes too many formulas and formats to make it worth cornverting.

Happy Sailings to all!

Steve :cool:

Cntrl DE

Which package would offer the fru fru drinks - bloody mary, frozen alcoholic concoctions, margaritas, etc......

I am thinking martinis would be a part of the premium package??

Are there mixed drinks that would NOT be a part of a premium package? I noted it said up to $12 per drink --- I've not sailed Celebrity so have no idea what their pricing structure is if purchased separately from a package.

Thank you!!

Which package would offer the fru fru drinks - bloody mary, frozen alcoholic concoctions, margaritas, etc......

Are there mixed drinks that would NOT be a part of a premium package? I noted it said up to $12 per drink --- I've not sailed Celebrity so have no idea what their pricing structure is if purchased separately from a package.

Thank you!!

I don't think you will need to worry as most mixed drinks are less than $12. Standard G&T or Vodka & Tonics cost $7 and there are many Cocktails that cost between $7 & 9, available throughout the ship. Martini bar price is $10.

You will find expensive brands that will not fit the drinks package.

Jim

Thank you!!

It all depends on the price of the drink, as you stated the Premium Packages includes all beverages up to $12 per serving. That being said if the price point of the fru fru drinks are with in the classic, then that is where they would fall. Check the price list to see for your specific drinks.

As far as martini's go, I found that the martini's at the martini bar are $12, so they are only included on the Premium Package, however martini's at the other bars were less expensive (and also smaller and no where near as good) and would have been covered by the Classic Package.

I did not find a mixed drink that was more than $12, I did find some scotches and wine that were more than $12 though.....

If you searxh this thread you will find price listings that should help you out!

Also on X's website when researching the packages, there is a pop up wind0ow which shows what liquors are included for each package......

Edited by colocop004

THANK YOU.

After sitting down and reading this section and firing up my Excel spreadsheet, my wife and I decided to go for the Premium Package (Alc and Non-Alc)...even though we are not big drinkers, the Premium Wine and Non-Alc package was cost effective.

I also wanted the peace of mind and the ease of not tipping and filling out forms or signing tabs, etc...Silhouette in November 2011 is our first cruise - and I did not want to penny pinch - but actually found out the value for money was the pre-paid package.

HOWEVER, I was just wondering if all drinks are included...for example I understand there is a champagne meet-and-greet on arrival the first day - would this be included in the package?

Save for the monetary limits for the drinks ($5 for beer, etc.) are there any other exclusions I need to watch out for (we are in AquaClass) or tips on getting the best from the package...?

Finally, THANK YOU all for making this forum so informative.

ANDREW

THANK YOU.

After sitting down and reading this section and firing up my Excel spreadsheet, my wife and I decided to go for the Premium Package (Alc and Non-Alc)...even though we are not big drinkers, the Premium Wine and Non-Alc package was cost effective.

I also wanted the peace of mind and the ease of not tipping and filling out forms or signing tabs, etc...Silhouette in November 2011 is our first cruise - and I did not want to penny pinch - but actually found out the value for money was the pre-paid package.

HOWEVER, I was just wondering if all drinks are included...for example I understand there is a champagne meet-and-greet on arrival the first day - would this be included in the package?

Save for the monetary limits for the drinks ($5 for beer, etc.) are there any other exclusions I need to watch out for (we are in AquaClass) or tips on getting the best from the package...?

Finally, THANK YOU all for making this forum so informative.

ANDREW

If you pay to go there is only a slip to sign. There is no form to fill out and you never need to worry about tipping as there is a 15% service charge included on every bill - unless you have such great service that you feel a need to tip extra - but that is the case with the prepaid package as well.

I believe with the premium package ALL beers are included. Drinks with spirits and wine have a $12 menu price cap. This covers most items except for high end spirits such as upper end single malts, cognacs etc. On the wine end most champagnes by the glass will be over the limit but they'll have some other sparkling wines included and possibly one champagne.

The welcome aboard champagne is a complimentary glass of sparkling wine passed out right as you board - it is a welcome aboard drink and not a meet and greet.

The biggest exclusions are that there is no room service included, no mini bar (in cabin) purchases, no bottles of wine (only wine by the glass), and there is one bar (Cellar masters) where most of the wine available is from special vending machines and those are not included.

Edited by Lsimon

Hi Andrew

As Larry said, the Cellar wines are not included but to be honest, they were so expensive we wouldn't have tried them anyway.

We had the premium package in March and have purchased it again for next March and the following March. We loved the convenience. When we figured out the amount we spent we did come out ahead and I got to try a lot of things I never would have even thought about. The specialty coffees kept us pretty busy also. That was wonderful.

We don't use the mini bar in the cabin so that was not an issue for us and, if we wanted drinks in the cabin, we just brought them with us from the bars. We also had our allotted 2 bottles of wine with us so that worked.

The convenience also of having specialty waters at dinner was nice. We like Pelligrino so that worked and we also used bottled water a lot.

The funniest thing for us, and I've said this before, is that our bill at the end of the cruise was 7 pages long:eek: BUT, all zeros. Not having to sign for every drink, wait for our bills before heading to the dining room or having to have the waiter chase us down to sign was even better.

All that being said, it's all a matter of convenience or taste. It worked so well for our friends we've all purchased the packages again. Fortunately for us many of the wines we do like are on that list and, rest assured, your glass was NEVER empty. In fact, we usually finished quite a few "bottles'.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Pat C

I just made my deposit for my May 2012 cruise.When can I order my beverage package?After final payment?I want to order ahead of time so I can get my first drink as soon as I board the ship.Are there any issues to getting bottles of water and cans of pop to take to your room?Can you get more than one at a time? Or just go to different bars to get them.I am buying a package just for myself to use but lots of times I wake up in the middle of the night and will drink a bottle of water or can of pop.

Laura

Our cruise is 3/1712 and we ordered our package a while ago. Just go to your celebrity and see if you can book it. You will have to pay for it now but that makes it even better. Pay as you go!

Yes, you can go to a different bar and get what you want. They will only give you one at a time but you can go to another bar area and purchase what you need. it's actually pretty flexible and it is much cheaper than ordering the cabin packages. They are way, way overpriced.

If you pay to go there is only a slip to sign. There is no form to fill out and you never need to worry about tipping as there is a 15% service charge included on every bill - unless you have such great service that you feel a need to tip extra - but that is the case with the prepaid package as well.

I believe with the premium package ALL beers are included. Drinks with spirits and wine have a $12 menu price cap. This covers most items except for high end spirits such as upper end single malts, cognacs etc. On the wine end most champagnes by the glass will be over the limit but they'll have some other sparkling wines included and possibly one champagne.

The welcome aboard champagne is a complimentary glass of sparkling wine passed out right as you board - it is a welcome aboard drink and not a meet and greet.

The biggest exclusions are that there is no room service included, no mini bar (in cabin) purchases, no bottles of wine (only wine by the glass), and there is one bar (Cellar masters) where most of the wine available is from special vending machines and those are not included.

The cellar masters does have a sommelier who pours the same wine as what is on the try by ounce. Those are included up to $12 per glass. The premium also includes all premium non alcoholic drinks........basically imported waters, vitamin drinks, fancy teas and coffees, fresh OJ. At dinner you select the wine by the glass and they keep coming back asking it you wish to have a refill. Bartenders get to know you by name, same as the bar waiters and they don't need to see your card anymore, they remember your name. All beers and drinks up to $12 per drink.

fresh OJ walking into the buffet, a coffee drink during the day, 2 martinis , or high end cocktails during the day, 2 glasses of wine during dinner and you hit the $49 a day charge. everything else is free........water getting off the ship, bottle of Perrier, sodas, beers, frozen drinks.

The nice thing is this becomes like an all inclusive. Rather than think about spending $4.00 for a double expresso, $4.00 for a fresh OJ or perrier or large water, you just do it.

We even got a drink going back to the room to enjoy there while we relaxed and got ready for the evening.

It was great on the 10 night cruise and I plan on doing it again on the 14 night TA.:D And if you can work it out, prepay one two months before and another a month before and as you are charged when booked on line, you spread out your costs and reduce the damage at cruise conclusion.

I just made my deposit for my May 2012 cruise.When can I order my beverage package?After final payment?I want to order ahead of time so I can get my first drink as soon as I board the ship.Are there any issues to getting bottles of water and cans of pop to take to your room?Can you get more than one at a time? Or just go to different bars to get them.I am buying a package just for myself to use but lots of times I wake up in the middle of the night and will drink a bottle of water or can of pop.

Laura

Just make a routine of getting a large bottle of water leaving the buffet after breakfast and return it to your room, or at another point during the day when you return to your room. you then have it. That's what we did, so we always had a bottle for use.

After my first cruise many years ago I said I'd definitley buy a drinkpackage for my next cruise. I tend be a bit stingy and not buy exactly what I want and go with a cheaper alternative, and a package would be a great way to get around that.

I did not know it was SO expensive! I am not a heavy drinker, but I drink almost only champagne and cocktails so I thought a package would be convenient. But after doing the math's I realize I will drink no way near what the packages cost, even if I drink 4 glasses of champagne one day! ;)

I'll guess I need to have my BF reminding me not to be so stingy and buy me what I want instead...:eek: :D

...I did not know it was SO expensive! I am not a heavy drinker, but I drink almost only champagne and cocktails so I thought a package would be convenient. But after doing the math's I realize I will drink no way near what the packages cost, even if I drink 4 glasses of champagne one day!...

I agree and I'll also point out that most of the Champagnes they serve are over the $12/glass limit as well - so you wouldn't be able to get most on a package. For some reason I continue to find the beverage packages very intriguing and follow these threads even through I've come to the conclusion that they don't make sense for us. That's not to say they aren't great for some people - just not us.

Can't find the prices for the packages on the Celebrity website.Can someone tell me what they are-not interested in the alcohol ones just the other ones.

Thanks!

Laura

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package, $14.00 USD per night

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package, $18.00 USD per night

Soda Package, $7.00 USD per night

Premium Bottled Water Package, $12.00 USD per night

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages&cS=SIDENAV#onboard_beverage_packages_overview_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_overview