Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Yes it does. The premium package includes everything from the Classic +. Check the Celebrity web site and read from the very top of the ad. It will include everything on all the packages.

We had the premium package on Constellation in March and have already ordered it for next March on Silhouette and again the following year on Eclipse. We loved it.

Again, as has been stated many times, it's all in what you are looking for. You really have to sit down and figure out if it is worth it for you and what your true needs are.

Enjoy.

Yes it does. The premium package includes everything from the Classic +. Check the Celebrity web site and read from the very top of the ad. It will include everything on all the packages.

We had the premium package on Constellation in March and have already ordered it for next March on Silhouette and again the following year on Eclipse. We loved it.

Again, as has been stated many times, it's all in what you are looking for. You really have to sit down and figure out if it is worth it for you and what your true needs are.

Enjoy.

Thank you - the premium alcoholic package says that it includes the above but this is the wording for the premium non alcoholic package- and it doesn't mention juice which is why I wasn't sure:

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

*Starting from: 18.00 USD Per Night

One more question:

Also from doing a search on here it seems unclear - celebrity says "specialty coffee" is alcoholic but that doesn't seem the case since it is a non alcoholic package. So is it the same coffees then as the classic non alcoholic package or what is the difference?

....Also from doing a search on here it seems unclear - celebrity says "specialty coffee" is alcoholic but that doesn't seem the case since it is a non alcoholic package. So is it the same coffees then as the classic non alcoholic package or what is the difference?

The subject of what is a "specialty coffee" has actually been the subject of many discussions here on cruise critic. Celebrity even has an FAQ on the question which indicates that the specialty coffees for the non-alcoholic package include alcohol which not only doesn't make sense but I know cruisers who have found that the alcoholic coffee drinks were not included on their non-alcoholic packages despite the FAQ on the web site. No one seems to know for sure what a "specialty coffee" is nor how it differs from a "premium coffee". I suspect that it was just a term made up by some marketing person who wrote the copy for the beverage package descriptions and that no one at Celebrity really knows what this means. In other words a complete disconnect from the ships on this. I'm guessing the FAQ came up because at one point the term "specialty coffee" was used to describe coffee drinks, like Irish Coffee, on coupons given to some Captains Club members for use at the specialty restuarants, but I don't think it was what the marketing people creating the non-alcoholic beverage packages had in mind.

Edited by Lsimon

The subject of what is a "specialty coffee" has actually been the subject of many discussions here on cruise critic. Celebrity even has an FAQ on the question which indicates that the specialty coffees for the non-alcoholic package include alcohol which not only doesn't make sense but I know cruisers who have found that the alcoholic coffee drinks were not included on their non-alcoholic packages despite the FAQ on the web site. No one seems to know for sure what a "specialty coffee" is nor how it differs from a "premium coffee". I suspect that it was just a term made up by some marketing person who wrote the copy for the beverage package descriptions and that no one at Celebrity really knows what this means. In other words a complete disconnect from the ships on this. I'm guessing the FAQ came up because at one point the term "specialty coffee" was used to describe coffee drinks, like Irish Coffee, on coupons given to some Captains Club members for use at the specialty restuarants, but I don't think it was what the marketing people creating the non-alcoholic beverage packages had in mind.

Thank you. Yes I did a search but it seemed like there wasn't a "clear" response - so I thought maybe it had been cleared up more recently. I figured it didn't include alcohol but wasn't sure if say one package came with "more exciting" coffee options. It seems like both packages (non alcoholic that is) offer the same choices for coffee then. They note that the coffee is from the coffee bar - does this mean if say DH gets a classic package and I get the premium that we can both order a capp, Latte or espresso or something similar with dessert in the main dining room?

If you pay to go there is only a slip to sign. There is no form to fill out and you never need to worry about tipping as there is a 15% service charge included on every bill - unless you have such great service that you feel a need to tip extra - but that is the case with the prepaid package as well.

I believe with the premium package ALL beers are included. Drinks with spirits and wine have a $12 menu price cap. This covers most items except for high end spirits such as upper end single malts, cognacs etc. On the wine end most champagnes by the glass will be over the limit but they'll have some other sparkling wines included and possibly one champagne.

The welcome aboard champagne is a complimentary glass of sparkling wine passed out right as you board - it is a welcome aboard drink and not a meet and greet.

The biggest exclusions are that there is no room service included, no mini bar (in cabin) purchases, no bottles of wine (only wine by the glass), and there is one bar (Cellar masters) where most of the wine available is from special vending machines and those are not included.

Hi there .........hope someone can help with this one; have posted it without reply on other links.

My question is.....in the pre cruise info it states you can purchase bottles of wine as ? gifts etc. Can these then be sent to the dining room and if so is there a corkage charge ?

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated........ as we are mainly wine drinkers with the odd G&T , so a package would prove expensive but at current prices 12 bottles of wine works out at roughly £250. depending on choice.

Edited by hassop
spellcheck

Thank you. Yes I did a search but it seemed like there wasn't a "clear" response - so I thought maybe it had been cleared up more recently. I figured it didn't include alcohol but wasn't sure if say one package came with "more exciting" coffee options. It seems like both packages (non alcoholic that is) offer the same choices for coffee then. They note that the coffee is from the coffee bar - does this mean if say DH gets a classic package and I get the premium that we can both order a capp, Latte or espresso or something similar with dessert in the main dining room?

Either of the beverage packages will cover all your basic espresso, latte, cappuccino, etc. There are some elaborate coffees that include other ingredients like nuts and run a few dollars more which might be only the more expensive package - not sure about those. If basic espresso based coffees are available in the dining room then your packages will cover them.

Hi there .........hope someone can help with this one; have posted it without reply on other links.

My question is.....in the pre cruise info it states you can purchase bottles of wine as ? gifts etc. Can these then be sent to the dining room and if so is there a corkage charge ?

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated........ as we are mainly wine drinkers with the odd G&T , so a package would prove expensive but at current prices 12 bottles of wine works out at roughly £250. depending on choice.

There is no corkage for bottles of wine purchased through Celebrity no matter how they are purchased (gifts, packages, etc.) Wine ordered as a gift through Celebrity can be taken, or sent, to the dining room if you'd prefer to enjoy it there - your cabin steward will take care of it for you if you give it to him earlier in the day or you can take it with you or drop it off.

If you're thinking of ordering yourself gift bottles of wine ahead of time then you might want to wait until you are on the ship. The prices are the same (at least in dollars) and there is a much wider selection of wines available on the ship than there is through the gift selection. I have copies of several on board wine lists on my web site - links are on this page: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/cruiselinks.htm

Edited by Lsimon

[

[There is no corkage for bottles of wine purchased through Celebrity no matter how they are purchased (gifts, packages, etc.) Wine ordered as a gift through Celebrity can be taken, or sent, to the dining room if you'd prefer to enjoy it there - your cabin steward will take care of it for you if you give it to him earlier in the day or you can take it with you or drop it off.

If you're thinking of ordering yourself gift bottles of wine ahead of time then you might want to wait until you are on the ship. The prices are the same (at least in dollars) and there is a much wider selection of wines available on the ship than there is through the gift selection. I have copies of several on board wine lists on my web site - links are on this page: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/cruiselinks.htm

LSimon :D

Thanks for the prompt answer , just what I needed to know, will certainly help with the planning off to peruse your link now.....I presume the 15% is added later

Thanks again H

Edited by hassop

Either of the beverage packages will cover all your basic espresso, latte, cappuccino, etc. There are some elaborate coffees that include other ingredients like nuts and run a few dollars more which might be only the more expensive package - not sure about those. If basic espresso based coffees are available in the dining room then your packages will cover them.

There is no corkage for bottles of wine purchased through Celebrity no matter how they are purchased (gifts, packages, etc.) Wine ordered as a gift through Celebrity can be taken, or sent, to the dining room if you'd prefer to enjoy it there - your cabin steward will take care of it for you if you give it to him earlier in the day or you can take it with you or drop it off.

Thank you for the updated menus & prices.

Any chance this sticky could be updated to show mid-2011 prices?

I think many people are waiting for this also! Since there was the increase in price for the package, was there also an increase in drink prices?:(

THANKS FOR DOING A MARVELOUS JOB posting all those prices. Given my senior citizen status and occasional memory lapses (not due to inbibing) I still can't figure out if it is worth the pkg. or not. So depending on my mood when I and DH board.................?????

Big THANKS! to Roy and Peg for responding to my drink package question and confiming that... "I am NOT a lush!":D

Peg, a special thanks for the link to the drink price info, it's fantastic. I hadn't seen it before. I will sit down and do some calcs tonight. I will have to give the "convenience factor" due consideration.

thanks again,

Cheryl

Big THANKS! to Roy and Peg for responding to my drink package question and confiming that... "I am NOT a lush!":D

Peg, a special thanks for the link to the drink price info, it's fantastic. I hadn't seen it before. I will sit down and do some calcs tonight. I will have to give the "convenience factor" due consideration.

thanks again,

Cheryl

progress.gif

When I go to order the Premium Alcohol Package (7 Night Cruise) the list price is approx. $378 - then they add the automatic service charge of 15% which = approx. $434 Total.

For some reason, the final total amount due comes to $491 - an additiona 13% on top of the service charge. Am I being hit with sales tax on this? Would the sales tax be avoided if I purchased onboard?

Confused and just got much more expensive than I thought. Thanks in advance.

When I go to order the Premium Alcohol Package (7 Night Cruise) the list price is approx. $378 - then they add the automatic service charge of 15% which = approx. $434 Total.

For some reason, the final total amount due comes to $491 - an additiona 13% on top of the service charge. Am I being hit with sales tax on this? Would the sales tax be avoided if I purchased onboard?

Confused and just got much more expensive than I thought. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I think you have a system bug. It appears that the 15% of $378 is being added twice. $378+56.7+56.7 = $491.4.

Jim

Hi,

I think you have a system bug. It appears that the 15% of $378 is being added twice. $378+56.7+56.7 = $491.4.

Jim

Jim is right. I reported this glitch to Celebrity.

If you continue with the package purchase on line the error disappears and you are charged the correct amount. Worked for me.

Peter

I did the package on Summit....you wont regret it!!!!!! Good move!!!!!!!

Lol...I decided on the package just for the convenience of not worrying about what I'm spending on drinks but I will be suprised if I truly get "my money's worth" given that our cruise is rather port intensive and only 1 day at sea. That seems to be the one scenario where people have a tough time deciding on the package (more ports = less drinking on the ship)... we shall sea....

Can any one tell me are they still doing the cariffes of wine in the buffet and ocean view bar on the Eclipse ,because we found these good value :)

Hi,

355ml Carafes of Wine at $11.5 are still available. Choice is - White -an Italian Pinot Grigio or Red - Spanish Tempranillo. Definitely good value for money.

Jim

Thanks, Larry. My understanding of this issue is exactly the same as yours. In other words, no one knows right now. :(

Lol...I decided on the package just for the convenience of not worrying about what I'm spending on drinks but I will be suprised if I truly get "my money's worth" given that our cruise is rather port intensive and only 1 day at sea. That seems to be the one scenario where people have a tough time deciding on the package (more ports = less drinking on the ship)... we shall sea....

Gunnerstahl24....what most people seeem to forget when making judgements about the alcohol consumtion of people with the packages is the fact that every beverage imaginable is avvailable on the premium package.....

The Lattes, smoothies and bottles of water that are nearly five dollars all add up.......

Sure I drank my share or maritinis and wine but the package pays for itself when you add $25.00 worth of non-alcohol drinks a day....and that is not an exagerating......

For every Carribean cruise in the future I will do it.....I'm on the fence for Alaska which coming up next month...... I

I will definitely get premium non-alcohol...... just not sure I will be drinking as much alcohol on an Alaskan cruise...they seem to be more low key.

The premium non-alcohol package is a complete no brainer.....and most people don't even know it exists because I constantly see people on cruisecritic making references to the fact that they are not getting a package because they can't consume that much alcohol.......