Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Sounds like you had a great :cool: time .................De Dah:D Or an incomer?

Seriously though would we be right in thinking ;

that you get your glass at dinner refilled as often on the package as you would if you had the bottle in front of you ?

As we usually go for the odd G&T (or 3)and 1 bottle of wine we are reconsidering the whole package 'mullarky'. As you say you deffo drink more than you would if you were paying drink by drink.

Well, my best friend's son plays for Wednesday so we have to own up to having a special interest in them :D

Believe me, your glass will never be empty on the package. We really enjoy G&Ts, Martinis and wine with dinner, but 15 days of it got the better of us :eek:.

At dinner, the sommelliers were excellent and our glasses were never empty. They would open the bottle and leave it on their station, and keep refilling. It was good to try different wines with each course and the port with dessert was lovely. We were offered liqueurs too and they would bring us capuccinos rather than the regular coffee. We could not fault the drinks service with the package, but we couldn't do it justice.

Well, my best friend's son plays for Wednesday so we have to own up to having a special interest in them :D

Believe me, your glass will never be empty on the package. We really enjoy G&Ts, Martinis and wine with dinner, but 15 days of it got the better of us :eek:.

At dinner, the sommelliers were excellent and our glasses were never empty. They would open the bottle and leave it on their station, and keep refilling. It was good to try different wines with each course and the port with dessert was lovely. We were offered liqueurs too and they would bring us capuccinos rather than the regular coffee. We could not fault the drinks service with the package, but we couldn't do it justice.

Yep, that is what I'm concerned about too... I'm afraid that for 12 days straight may be too much of a good thing ... but I'm game to try it !

I've bought the premium alcohol package for our Solstice cruise starting this Friday and I'm thinking I just wont be able to control myself.

The feeling of a kid being left alone in a sweetshop comes to mind!icon11.gif

Just hope I have enough hangover pills with me icon6.gif

Peter

I've bought the premium alcohol package for our Solstice cruise starting this Friday and I'm thinking I just wont be able to control myself.

The feeling of a kid being left alone in a sweetshop comes to mind!icon11.gif

Just hope I have enough hangover pills with me icon6.gif

Peter

.... or working in a chocolate factory :p

I know people say on here that you should just drink normally but it's almost impossible. Even at 10am on the sun deck the pool waiter was offering us Bacardi with our cokes and something to liven the grapefruit juice up :eek:. They soon get to know who has the package.

It was great, truly it was but we really couldn't face another drink a lot of the time, which was the most upsetting part lol! It took us a few weeks to recover after the cruise and fancy a drink again. :o

You can buy bottles water in the cruise terminal at Barcelona. Possibly soda too but I didn't pay attention to that.

They probably sell individual bottles of water for 2€ each ...that really wouldn't save me any money! But when I cruise out of a local US port, I can take a case of water for around $3 from Walmart! and a case of soda for around $5 ... that would make a difference!

They probably sell individual bottles of water for 2€ each ...that really wouldn't save me any money! But when I cruise out of a local US port, I can take a case of water for around $3 from Walmart! and a case of soda for around $5 ... that would make a difference!

Well, the water was not as cheap as Wall Mart but it was less than 2 euro for a small bottle.

I can't recall the price but did buy a 6 or 8 pack of 1.5 or 2 liter bottles at what seemed like a favorable price. I probably would have bought more but it was too much to cary along with some other things we had.

Edited by Lsimon

since we are driving to the port, we have no problem bring a case of soda and a case of water. the problem is how do we carry all this in addition to our luggage? can we check in our luggage and carry the water and soda on?

You can check your luggage AND the water and soda cases with the porters. Just slap a luggage tag (they are sticky) onto the water and soda. I also put packing or strapping tape around the cases to make sure they hold together and I've taped two 12 packs of cans together before checking it. We've only done this once after reading of many others doing this and it worked out great. Still bought a ton of water on board as we really drink a lot so even a case didn't last long on a 14 day cruise. And my wife had her favorite soda (LaCroix sparkling lemon water) and they don't sell anything like that on board.

Are cappuccinos or lattes complimentary in the MDR at dinner time or are they an extra charge?

Hi. Not complimentary I'm afraid, just the swamp coffee for free :cool:.

You can get the speciality coffees in the MDR if you have the package.

I bought the premium non alc package for our Connie cruise in October- does that include bottled water in the cabin , upon request?? Can I get bottled diet coke instead of the fountain??Thanks for your answers!

Michael

Bottled water not included in the cabin (unless you're in aqua maybe, not too sure about that) but you can easily pick up large bottles of water from a bar on your way back to the cabin for your fridge.

You can certainly get cans of coke rather than fountain, not sure about bottles.

I bought the premium non alc package for our Connie cruise in October- does that include bottled water in the cabin , upon request?? Can I get bottled diet coke instead of the fountain??Thanks for your answers!

Michael

The packages do not include any room service delivery to your cabin nor any purchases from the stocked mini bar in your cabin. If you want bottled water for your cabin you'll have to get it yourself one bottle per card at a time from one of the bars. If delivery to your cabin is important to you then you might want to consider cancelling the package and just pay for your beverages ala carte.

They do not have bottled diet coke on the ship but do have cans.

I don't remeber being charged for my husband's cappuccinos he ordered at breakfast or after dinner....

I don't know how Celebrity handles the cappucinnos but on RCCL, there is a chage, however, I was able to get them free in the MDR at breakfast because of being Diamond. I really didn't have any after dinner so not sure if they were just free at breakfast or not.

you'll have to get it yourself one bottle per card at a time from one of the bars.

I also purchased the premium non alcoholic package. When I get the first bottle, do I have to wait before I can get a second bottle?

Also, for the frozen drinks, do you know if it includes non alcohol Pina Coladas or Daquiris?

I also purchased the premium non alcoholic package. When I get the first bottle, do I have to wait before I can get a second bottle?

Also, for the frozen drinks, do you know if it includes non alcohol Pina Coladas or Daquiris?

Yes you have to wait till at least it is almost finished, you can't get a bucket. However, if you are walking around you could go to a new bar and get a beer......

As for frozen with the premium alcohol package you can get basically anything you want.......so virgin coladas and daquiris are no problem. you can also get them on the premium non-alcohol package

cherylroslyn, thanks for the reply.

For the water, I was hoping to bring one in the room to save for later. If I get one from the bar, do i have to drink it in front of the bar or can I walk away and come back for another one? Also, with the package, can I ask for the big bottles? I actually ordered the non-alcohol package, not sure what type of drink is included when they said frozen or smoothie drinks. Thanks.

Thanks for all the helpfull information- so I will bring the bottled water to the cabin- no need to get it delievered.

When you order a diet coke ( for example) at a bar on the open deck- do you have to ask to get a can?

Michael

You might with the packages since some bars have both fountain and cans of coke, and if you want to take it back to your cabin be sure to tell them to please leave it closed when you order it. Or else their standard procedure is to open the can and pour it over ice in a glass for you.

Thanks Lsimon- i was not sure if to try a package- so I choose preminun non alc- I love my tea - well at least 3 times a day in Cova- or Al Baccio. One or two diet cokes during dinner- the same up on deck..! I bought that sticker thing on RCI Radiance- and hated the fountain diet coke..!

Thx. again

Michael

cherylroslyn, thanks for the reply.

For the water, I was hoping to bring one in the room to save for later. If I get one from the bar, do i have to drink it in front of the bar or can I walk away and come back for another one? Also, with the package, can I ask for the big bottles? I actually ordered the non-alcohol package, not sure what type of drink is included when they said frozen or smoothie drinks. Thanks.

Blueninja - you do not need to drink anything in front of anyone...... You can get the big pellegrino and the big Evian. I usually had about 2 or three large Evians when I left the ship each day. The water is set up down by the gangway so you can get it there on your card. I would also stop by Cova for a water befoe I got to the gangway.....

The frozen drinks and smothies are anyy thing you want really....like virgin colada or daquiri....

or the smoothies that are made in aqua cafe they are made with yogurt and fresh berries....they also make them at Cova Cafe......and the Sunset Bar on the Summit....not sure on S class ships......