Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Tried searching and didn't find this, sorry if I missed it.

Evaluating a soda package for my husband. In the past when we have cruised, including Celebrity 3 years ago, sodas were complimentary at meals in the dining room. Is this still the case?

Thanks

Sharon

Tried searching and didn't find this, sorry if I missed it.

Evaluating a soda package for my husband. In the past when we have cruised, including Celebrity 3 years ago, sodas were complimentary at meals in the dining room. Is this still the case?

Thanks

Sharon

We've been cruising Celebrity for 8 years, and have never seen any complimentary soda drinks in the dining room or any place else. The only exception is at the special functions, such as the Captain's Toast or one of the Captain's Club receptions, where drinks, including alcoholic drinks, are complimentary,

Hi there - I have scoured this thread and couldn't find the information I'm looking for so hopefully someone can help me.

With the 10% off they currently have until the end of the month, I thought we could take advantage of booking our beverage package. I am not confused about what is offered with the soda package but I am a little confused with the Classic Non-alcohol package. Is hot chocolate included with this package? I'm not a coffee drinker but do like a good cup of hot chocolate. I'm also curious about the bottled water. It states non-premium bottled water. Does that mean Dasani (coke product) or something along this line rather then the premium Evian or San Pellegrino?

Any clarification you guys could give is graciously appreciated.

I have scrolled through numerous pages of this thread. What a ton of info! I Just bought the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package for our cruise in April. I have read the definition of what I bought:

"In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water."

Unfortunately I still have questions. Which of the following will I be able to get?

-fresh squeezed juice at breakfast

-bottled juices to take ashore/store in fridge in room

-bottled water to take ashore/store in fridge in room

-starbucks type coffees

I am hoping the answers are yes. Additional questions, will I have to hunt down certain bars etc that carry these items or will they be readily available?

Didnt get the alcohol package as we will have our son with us so drinking will be minimized.

Thanks In Advance,

Ashley

1st time cruiser here. We are trying to decide too if a package is a good choice for us. I like my coffees and soda. I also would like some frozen drinks and maybe a mimosa at breakfast. It isn't just about the alcohol but all the other drinks I like too! If you order the beverage package today is payment due today?

Edited by 5kidsandadog

1st time cruiser here. We are trying to decide too if a package is a good choice for us. I like my coffees and soda. I also would like some frozen drinks and maybe a mimosa at breakfast. It isn't just about the alcohol but all the other drinks I like too! If you order the beverage package today is payment due today?

Yes. If you order the beverage package you pay via CC online.

Yep.

It would appear that Celebrity is pulling off a nice cash influx as a result of this sale... as in BIG bucks!! (of course, the credit card companies aren't doing too bad either... a percent or two here and there - it's the American way ;) )

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Yep.

It would appear that Celebrity is pulling off a nice cash influx as a result of this sale... as in BIG bucks!! (of course, the credit card companies aren't doing too bad either... a percent or two here and there - it's the American way ;) )

Tom

Suits us ........:D We had already booked packages so cancelled............ re-booked and saved over £150...............regards H

Edited by hassop

I am trying to decide if the Classic alcohol package would work for me: I like freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast, maybe cranberry juice. By the pool I like a frozen drink or two or a corona and a couple of glasses of chardonnay with dinner. I also like bottled water (doesn't have to be fancy). Are these covered in the classic package. Is $8.00 the limit on drinks? I saw the beverage list (from 2010). Are those prices still valid? Thanks so much. I leave for my cruise on Jan. 28.

I am trying to decide if the Classic alcohol package would work for me: I like freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast, maybe cranberry juice. By the pool I like a frozen drink or two or a corona and a couple of glasses of chardonnay with dinner. I also like bottled water (doesn't have to be fancy). Are these covered in the classic package. Is $8.00 the limit on drinks? I saw the beverage list (from 2010). Are those prices still valid? Thanks so much. I leave for my cruise on Jan. 28.

Well .....

We like a drink before dinner :o:

and then wine with.... ;)

afterwards perhaps whilst in the show :rolleyes:

DH likes soft drinks during the day and water for both of us

so really it was a 'no brainer'.:D

(We had originally ordered the wine as gifts, we usually share one a night)

Regards...... H

For anyone planning to take a cruise on Celebrity in 2012, there is a special going on right now.

Until the end of January 2012, if you purchase a beverage package you will get a 10% discount.

My DH and I just purchased ours today.

Happy Sailing!

GiGiAnn

I can't find that information on "My Celibrity" when I look at the prizes. Where have you found this info?

Thanks everyone for the info on this thread. I tried a search but I haven't found the answer to this question.

My husband and I will be travelling with our 6 year old son. We are considering the classic package. We'd like to be able to enjoy a couple of drinks on our balconey after he goes to bed.

I understand that the rules are to only give one drink at a time per card. Is there a specific time between orders required or could we hit up two bars on the way back to the cabin (so that we won't have to go out again)?

Any help from some folks with experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

Is there a trick or code for the 10%? I put in for our cruise and the total price for 7 days was $60 per day for the premium including the 15% service charge, so I don't see where they took 10% and couldn't find it on the site. Help?

Keep going... the actual price will show up just before you put in your CC information. I just did this minutes ago and that's how it worked for me.

If for some odd reason it doesn't work, you can always cancel and start over.

Final price for premium packaged for two people 7 night cruise for me was: $782.46 - this includes 15% tip

Does anyone know if it is it possible to order smaller cosmopolitans, or any of the other specialty martinis at the martini bar using a classic pkg? Ive seen others mention you can get small martinis with the classic pkg, but I wasn't sure if they meant straight martinis. I enjoy the fruity type more. I don't mind if I just have to get a smaller size. Those are the only drinks that are not technically listed under the classic package that I wouldn't mind having one before dinner. Otherwise, Im good with everything else on the classic pkg.

I can't find that information on "My Celibrity" when I look at the prizes. Where have you found this info?

I received an e-mail from Celebrity about the 10% special on beverage purchases. I also looked at the web site. Go to My Celebrity. Then click on where it says drink packages. When you order the drink package it will automatically come up with the discount. I ordered two Premium Alcohol Packages. At first it showed $391.23 twice, adding up to $869.40. I called Celebrity. They told me to go to the next step it will only be $782.46 with the 10% discount. That's a significant savings of $86.94.

If you still can't find it then call Celebrity. They will help you purchase it. The special is good for any cruises booked between Jan 2012 and the end of Dec 2012. And the special is over at the end of this month.

Good Luck!

GiGiAnn

For those of you still having problems finding the beverage special. I just logged on to the Celebrity site and now on the very first page Celebrity has a section that says "Quench Your Thirst With a Beverage Special."

Try that.

GiGiAnn

For those of you still having problems finding the beverage special. I just logged on to the Celebrity site and now on the very first page Celebrity has a section that says "Quench Your Thirst With a Beverage Special."

Try that.

GiGiAnn

Celebrity are not making it easy for us!! Site opens up showing usual first page.

You need the following link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?ICID=CEL_12Q1_Beverage_Package&pagename=beverage_package_promotion

Jim

Can someone direct me to the page where I can see what wine is included? It is too time consuming to go through 86 pages.

The search didn't give me the list, or if you have it saved please post it.

Thank you

Agatha

Can someone direct me to the page where I can see what wine is included? It is too time consuming to go through 86 pages.

The search didn't give me the list, or if you have it saved please post it.

Thank you

Agatha

Hello, "Lilac" (Agatha),

Here are links to my original (July, 2010) list of wines-by-the-glass, as updated twice by me in August, 2010:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25623046&postcount=133

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25684342&postcount=160

I'm sorry, but I do not know if few, some, or many of the mid-2010 prices have changed. However ... Here is a link to another CrCr member's December, 2011, post concerning prices that he/she encountered in June, 2011:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31590259&postcount=1614

Edited by jg51

To ALL visitors to this good ol' thread (which I'm amazed to see is still a "sticky"), regardless of your interests:

In my last post (for "Lilac"), I provided links to old posts that provided the most complete lists of many wines (and prices) that were available on "X" ships in mid-2010 ... as well as a link to a new post concerning wine prices in mid-2011.

For those of you who wish to read about other (i.e., non-wine) beverages that were available in 2010, but do not have time to read/browse this entire thread, here is a set of links that will save you some time:

You can start with the original post, from July, 2010:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25359046&postcount=1

Then you can look at five additional posts of mine (from August to October, 2010), in which further information was added:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25684342&postcount=160

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25684628&postcount=161

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25774002&postcount=184

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25785090&postcount=189

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26274247&postcount=321

I'm sorry, but I do not know if few, some, or many of the mid-2010 prices have changed. However ... Here is a link to another CrCr member's December, 2011, post concerning prices that he/she encountered in June, 2011:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31590259&postcount=1614

Have fun (reading and cruising), please! :D

Edited by jg51

I went in to "My Celibrity" wanting to buy the premium package as it's 10% off. When I have gone so far that I shall pay the prize is still the same normal prize, no 10 % is withdrawn. How come? I don't want to accept the buy at the normal wrong prize. How does it work? If I accept the normal prize (as it shows) they will charge me that and not the lower prize.

Anybody knows anything? I might add that I have to go trough the US site because the .no site doesn't handle "My Celibrity"