Drill

PrincessJen

Last August when I was on the Golden Princess we had our drill at the same time we were supposed to go to dinner. Is it the same on Carnival? What is the dinner attire for the first night? Are we supposed to go to dinner right after the drill if they are the same time?

Last August when I was on the Golden Princess we had our drill at the same time we were supposed to go to dinner. Is it the same on Carnival? What is the dinner attire for the first night? Are we supposed to go to dinner right after the drill if they are the same time?

Which ship are you sailing on?

I've been on three Carnival cruises. I've never had a drill be at a dinner time. My 1st two were just before pulling out of dock. My last one was 20 min. after pulling out of dock (4:50) That would be close to the 1st dinner, but since the 1st night is casual, you can go either go drop off your life vest and go, or just tuck it under your chair. We did that for lunch.

Unless your on the Destiny, then it's around 8 :)

True.

Actually had one a few years ago where they *forgot* to do it. Ended up doing it the next morning to stay within the 24-hour requirement. There were a few folks who were not very happy about being roused out of their drunken stupors for it. This was back in the day when it was also a photo op for the ship's photographers. Some really ugly pics on display. :rolleyes:

Depends on the sailing--our Miracle cruise Muster drill will be at 9pm with sailing at 8pm. Considering that most people are dining at 8...are those people gonna be done eating before then?? I do know they close everything for the muster drill

Archived