Oosterdam officers

Modern_Viking

Does anyone know who will be serving on the Oosterdam for the August 22 cruise as

Captain - Arjen van der Loo

Hotel Manager - Douglas Hernandez

Cruise Director - J.T. Watters

Thanks!

Always subject to change!

Hi John,

This is Maria from the Netherlands. I would like to know the same but than for the Westendam 26th August out of Rotterdam.

( Always like when you write some Dutch, good to see you still can after many years in the USA)

Thank you

Captain van der Loo and Hot Man Douglas Hernandez........ FABULOUS@!!@! They are both great gentleman and do such a good job. Lucky those of you who get to sail with them. Wish Ooosterdam would do a few East Coast cruises. :)

Some folks have 'lists' though they are often inaccurate/out of date. One should never count on a particular person being aboard until they actually see them there. :)

Why do people even worry about who the captain will be, the hotel manager, the CD?

Some of us have sailed with the same Officers time and again and have made personal friendships with them. We look forward to the chance to see our friends the same as friends anywhere. Makes no difference this friend happens to work on a ship. He'd be our friend if he lived down the street or round the corner. We see some of these folks off the ships as well as on. Friends are friends.

You have sailed HAL so much...... surely, you, too, have friends on the ships you enjoy seeing?

We never book a cruise only because we think they will be there as we know plans can change but we certainly opt in favor of one cruise over another if there is the chance someone we truly enjoy is scheduled (at that time) to be aboard.

Hi John,

This is Maria from the Netherlands. I would like to know the same but than for the Westendam 26th August out of Rotterdam.

( Always like when you write some Dutch, good to see you still can after many years in the USA)

Thank you

Hallo Maria. hoe gaat het er mee?

Scheduled for Westerdam during that date (always subject to change) are:

Capt. Henk Keijer

HM Ron Bontenbal

The CD is still unknown at this time

Captain van der Loo and Hot Man Douglas Hernandez........ FABULOUS@!!@! They are both great gentleman and do such a good job. Lucky those of you who get to sail with them. Wish Ooosterdam would do a few East Coast cruises. :)

Only if you send your Maasdam here, Sails! We're so lucky on the West Coast to have such great crews, especially the Hotel Managers. We've had the beautiful Marcella Himmelreich and the oh so hot as you so eloquently stated, Douglas Hernandez.

Ahhhh, but you must remember that we Maasdam lovers had Captain van der Loo as well as Hot Man Douglas Hernandes here on the right coast. Captain van der Loo was Master of Maasdam before he went to Oosterdam. We sailed with Douglas Hernandez three or four cruises on Maasdam and think him a wonderful Hotel Manager. He was aboard for our Canada/New England b-to-b's last summer. Miss them here. Outstanding both!

Why do people even worry about who the captain will be, the hotel manager, the CD?

It doesn't make a big difference, but for me it is fun to know if I might see and hear a familiar person I have cruised with before, or know something about. The CD on board, especially, does change the personality on-board somewhat. Some of the CDs are certainly more to my liking than others. Some captains seem to give more public talks, appearances, special events, etc. Hearing someone every day for a week or more is quite different than spending a 3 hour flights with airline pilots that might give announcements totaling 2-3 minutes.

I think I have noticed some difference in quality, especially in the hotel department, based on who is the Hot Man. Not that I have a huge sample size, but if I keep busy cruising, I will have a larger sample size of vacations to think about.

But, I realize this is all part of my cruise addiction, and certainly don't expect others to think in the same way.

You have sailed HAL so much...... surely, you, too, have friends on the ships you enjoy seeing?

Nope -- we rarely have the same captain on the same ship. Same for the Hotel manager and CD's.

There was a time when we did run into some of the crew -- bar tenders - dining room staff -- cabin stewards -- that we had before -- but that was a very long time ago. We have seen old time faces in over 2 or 3 years.

Hallo John,

Dank je voor de informatie (Thank you for the info)

Hoop dat we een geweldige cruise hebben (hope we will have a great cruise)

Groeten (Greetings)

Maria

Niets te danken Maria/You're welcome!

Denk het vast wel!/I'm sure you will

Je kan in ieder geval Hollands kletsen met de kaptein en hotel mngr/At a minimum, you can chat in Dutch with the captain and hotel mngr

Doei/See ya;)

Ja dat zullen ze misschien we leuk vinden voor de verandering/Yes maybe they will like that for a change.

Ik heb veel goede dingen over ze gehoord/I heard they are very good

Ik weet zeker dat het een geweldige cruise zal worden de fjorden zijn zo mooi/I am sure it will be a terrific cruise the fjords are so beautifull.

Doei/Bye

Maria

Archived