Power Strips

ce_cruise

We are boarding the Splendor in less than 2 weeks. I have read many differant threads on bringing a power strip.

My question is, are we allowed to bring and use them on the Splendor?

I do not want to cause a fire. :confused:

Yes, it is entirely permissible as long as it's in good condition:

Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

· Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

· Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Do I need to let Carnival know that I will be traveling with my nebulizer? I just got it and this will be the first time I have to take with me on a trip. I guess I need to call the airlines and make sure there is no prohibation about taking it and the medication for it on board the plane.

Most things don't need to be plugged in continuously....hair dryers, curlers, etc...can be plug and unplugged as needed. We've never needed a powerstrip!

But some things like camera's, ipods, ipads etc need to be charged overnight.

My room had two iPods two phones and a curling iron. Neither the iPods nor the phones needed to be charged overnight. I guess it depends on your charger....

I'm not sure about you but ever since I updated to 4.0 on my ipod's it drinks battery life. So I'd rather just charge it overnight then wait to see who's not using an outlet with my Apple charger. To each their own.

Do I need to let Carnival know that I will be traveling with my nebulizer? I just got it and this will be the first time I have to take with me on a trip. I guess I need to call the airlines and make sure there is no prohibation about taking it and the medication for it on board the plane.

No. There are no issues with medically necessary devices.

:)

We bring a 6 plug adaptor that plugs directly into the plug on the ship and gives you enough room for 6 appliances( not that we use that many at once)It is about 4 inches square and we got it at the local hardware store..JMHO

We bring a 6 plug adaptor that plugs directly into the plug on the ship and gives you enough room for 6 appliances( not that we use that many at once)It is about 4 inches square and we got it at the local hardware store..JMHO

They may not like that one... They're more interested in seeing the surge suppressor type with perhaps 4 outlets...

But some things like camera's, ipods, ipads etc need to be charged overnight.

AND, my phone charger is about 2 inches by 1.5 inches and won't plug into that plug on the vanity. So I bring an extension cord or power strip to connect to the phone charger. I don't want to unplug the TV or grope behind the lampstand.

sorry for got to mention surge protector included.. thanks Mach

Good deal!

When all this came up I was visiting the Conquest and they told me about some of the stuff they had confiscated... power strips from the Dollar Store with frayed wires and whatnot...

They're really concerned about the fire hazard such items might pose more than anything else...

Good deal!

When all this came up I was visiting the Conquest and they told me about some of the stuff they had confiscated... power strips from the Dollar Store with frayed wires and whatnot...

They're really concerned about the fire hazard such items might pose more than anything else...

I got this one a few months ago at out local HD.. it was new on the market and thought it would be good idea for our bathroom in the house.. we take in on every cruise now..I'm amazed as well by he stuff that they confiscate..we used to do search and seizure for special evetns( concert etc) and OMG the stuff people think they can get away with bringing in :eek:..

I don't trust much of anything for the Dollar stores..except the plastic stretchy lid covers.. love those things :D

As far as your nebulizer goes, you don't need to call the airlines. Just pack it in your suitcase (or carry on if you prefer). They will open your bag and put a "we searched your suitcase" TSA tag in it. My sister travels with one all the time and has never once had an incident because it was in her bag.

Since it is a medical device you won't need to worry about it in your stateroom, either... they can't take that equipment away from you! :)

HAVE FUN!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mach, is this still the case? I was reading John Heald's blog the other day and he responded to a commenter upset about not being able to bring his power strip. This was his reply back on 8/11/10:

"The power strip issue has been much documented here in great length. I have been in a guest cabin and tried to charge my laptop and my raspberry etc and it’s tough to do when there is only one power socket. But this is the world of safety and high visibility jackets and this regulation is here to stay and just like hotels do not………so we won’t be loaning out power strips. I am grateful to you though for writing and for your obvious Carnival loyalty. I hope you tell me before you sail again so I can send the Bedwetters a little gift. What will you get …….. mmmm…… Depends."

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/08/11/guess-whos-coming-to-dinner/

I know how knowledgeable you are with cruise info but I am now a bit confused after reading conflicting reports.

Hi Mach, is this still the case? I was reading John Heald's blog the other day and he responded to a commenter upset about not being able to bring his power strip. This was his reply back on 8/11/10:

"The power strip issue has been much documented here in great length. I have been in a guest cabin and tried to charge my laptop and my raspberry etc and it’s tough to do when there is only one power socket. But this is the world of safety and high visibility jackets and this regulation is here to stay and just like hotels do not………so we won’t be loaning out power strips. I am grateful to you though for writing and for your obvious Carnival loyalty. I hope you tell me before you sail again so I can send the Bedwetters a little gift. What will you get …….. mmmm…… Depends."

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/08/11/guess-whos-coming-to-dinner/

I know how knowledgeable you are with cruise info but I am now a bit confused after reading conflicting reports.

When the much dreaded 'power strip ban' went into effect the folks at Carnival had promised that passengers would be able to 'borrow' power strips at the Guest Services desk. The demand exceeded supply.

The entire banned list was revised as indicated above to allow power strips and such but give Carnival an out to snag them if they present a safety hazard...

No problem with Carnival on this because I have always brought mine. As for the airlines, it varies a little. The nebulizer is fine in your carry on. For the meds, they are in little pre measured doses. Sometimes they make you take them out of the box with the script label on it and put it in a quart bag with the other liquids. Other times they miss it entirely, or flag the luggage as it goes through for inspection. Make sure you have the prescription box that holds the meds. Many people use these and they are quite familiar with them. It might be a little inconvenient with the extra check, but never actually had a "problem" with me taking it in my carryone.

Archived