Help woth Coral Princess

doubletree07

Can someone help me? We will be on Coral Princess next March 15-25th. Think I've got a cabin picked out but need advice. It is a mini-suite category AB on the Caribe deck C231. What I would like to know is if the balcony is half covered like the category BA's on Caribe deck. I went to that website everyone refers to and all the information is gone about the various balconies. Thanks in advance. Marie

Can someone help me? We will be on Coral Princess next March 15-25th. Think I've got a cabin picked out but need advice. It is a mini-suite category AB on the Caribe deck C231. What I would like to know is if the balcony is half covered like the category BA's on Caribe deck. I went to that website everyone refers to and all the information is gone about the various balconies. Thanks in advance. Marie

Try this site...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Did that. It shows the deck/cabins but no information on if the balconies are covered, open or 1/2 & 1/2. It used to specify by color codes but that seems to be gone. Wonder what happened? :confused: I've read so many things about Princess being wrong in their facts I'd rather rely on cruise critic members. Most seem to know more than the Princess employees. :) Thanks for answering. Marie

Did that. It shows the deck/cabins but no information on if the balconies are covered, open or 1/2 & 1/2. It used to specify by color codes but that seems to be gone. Wonder what happened? :confused: I've read so many things about Princess being wrong in their facts I'd rather rely on cruise critic members. Most seem to know more than the Princess employees. :) Thanks for answering. Marie

Each deck shows the colors.

I don't know why you can't see them? :confused:

Color coded for me as well. C231 shows as light blue which is covered. If it is the one I am thinking of, it is covered..

Thanks Loonbeam :)- Now all I need to do is decide if I want a completely covered balcony.:confused: Any advice would be appreciated. Looking at C231 on Caribe deck for Panama Canal next March. Marie

We have this cabin on the Panama Canal Cruise in September. The link that is given here of the Coral shows that it is covered. But, I seem to recall everyone on C.C. saying the everything on Dolphin Deck is not covered and everyone can look down on you from above. Is that true on a different ship or am I not remembering correctly? If I can be sure this is a covered balcony, I think I'm going to tell them to mark it 'no upgrade', because I think we'll welcome the cover in the hot climate.

Thanks,

Dancing Lady

We have this cabin on the Panama Canal Cruise in September. The link that is given here of the Coral shows that it is covered. But, I seem to recall everyone on C.C. saying the everything on Dolphin Deck is not covered and everyone can look down on you from above. Is that true on a different ship or am I not remembering correctly? If I can be sure this is a covered balcony, I think I'm going to tell them to mark it 'no upgrade', because I think we'll welcome the cover in the hot climate.

Thanks,

Dancing Lady

Pretty sure all balconies on Dolphin deck are uncovered.

Go to the link mentioned in previous posts and it will show you. We were on the Sapphire last October on Caribe deck and could see straight down to the people below us on the Dolphin deck. Actually talked with them so often they invited us down for a glass of wine.:) Sweet.

The Coral/Island have a different balcony cover/uncover configeration than the other ships in the fleet, so the blanket statement you've heard about all Dolphin deck balconies being uncovered applies only to the other ships, not these two. Go by the website by Tom -- it's completely accurate. Hope this helps!

Thanks Loonbeam :)- Now all I need to do is decide if I want a completely covered balcony.:confused: Any advice would be appreciated. Looking at C231 on Caribe deck for Panama Canal next March. Marie

Definetly covered ..... first, you don't want those above looking down. Also, the sun blockage is nice ... especially in the morning and and noontime. If you want sun, there are plenty of open deck space.

Definetly covered ..... first, you don't want those above looking down. Also, the sun blockage is nice ... especially in the morning and and noontime. If you want sun, there are plenty of open deck space.

Thanks - was able to see that on Tom's awesome link to the various decks/balconies. I have been totally obsessed with cabin selection for the past week. Changed from a BA caribe deck C317 (larger balcony but smaller room) to a AB category C231 mini-suite. Bigger cabin but smaller balcony which is totally covered. Hope I did the right thing. Downside - gets us that much closer to the buffet! :eek: I love CC members. What a wealth of information out there from kind people who all have the same thing in common - we love cruising.:)

Thanks to all. Marie

Marie, you definitely did the right thing. It's very hot and humid on the Panama Canal cruise and it's nice to have that relief from the sun. You might consider bringing a personal fan for when the ship is in port and there's no air moving.

Marie, you definitely did the right thing. It's very hot and humid on the Panama Canal cruise and it's nice to have that relief from the sun. You might consider bringing a personal fan for when the ship is in port and there's no air moving.

Now that's what I'm talking about. CC members like Pam in CA - the best person on these boards. She is my hero.:)

Has given me immeasurable advice. Love that lady.

Pam - YOU ROCK!!

I just called Princess to tell them that we don't want an upgrade from cabin D717 on the Coral Princess because it has the covered balcony. I think we will be grateful for the cover on the Panama Canal cruise and will enjoy the balcony more.

Thanks to you and all the other knowledgeable C.C. folks!

Dancing Lady

I just called Princess to tell them that we don't want an upgrade from cabin D717 on the Coral Princess because it has the covered balcony. I think we will be grateful for the cover on the Panama Canal cruise and will enjoy the balcony more.
Good choice. I've been on two Panama Canal cruises this year (one a full transit, the other a partial transit) and it's very hot and humid. Plus, the Panama Canal uses rainwater from the rain forest which means, of course, there's lots of rain. Chances are you'll be very grateful for the covered balcony. I know I was.

I told my DH that I called Princess to tell them we didn't want an upgrade so that we could keep the covered balcony. In his eyes, all upgrades would be good and he thinks we shouldn't turn one down. Go, figure! :( He's thinking about the upgrade to a full suite we got in 12/08. So, I'm not even going to try to explain that the chances of that happening again are slim to none. I'm sure once we're cruising along, he'll be happy to have the covered balcony.

Thanks again,

Dancing Lady

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Doubletree07(Marie).....We are going on Coral Princess on the 3/15-25 as well with 2 other couples. The 3 of travel together a lot. My husband and I have done the Canal 5 years ago and are going again to be with our friends who missed that trip. We are fortunate to get on the ship in Fll. We should keep in touch. We did a meet and greet on the Royal Princess March of this year. (The last Voyage for the Royal in Brazil. It is Alaska right now. Loved the small ship. Great experience) Maybe is we get enough people we could se up a meet and greet for that trip. It was very interesting. We felt very special. Keep me posted We are on level C mid ship but with just a balcony. I might have posted this in the wrong spot but I am sure it will be read by the right lady. Anyone else sailing on the Cruise let us know

Happy Cruising, Marsha

Archived