ms discovery - Currencies for different ports?

Hi

As 1st timers I need info on whether to take different currencies for each port (we're on the Ancient Civilisation part of Discovery cruise visiting Egypt, Libya, Malta, Italy, Tunisia, Sicily, and Spain). Can you change BP £s into each currency on the boat (perhaps with not a good exchange rate??)or is it best to take euros/US dollars? I'm sure all you experienced cruisers have the best ideas on this! Also, just thought, is there an ATM on board?

A brilliant site for newbies and sure i'll still use it after my umpteenth cruise (here's hoping!)

Cambscruiser gb

Egypt and Tunisia will take £, euro or $. Not sure about Libya, but someone on the ship will tell you. In Egypt, you may be offered something for "ONE"....this could mean a euro, pound or dollar....a dollar works out cheaper! We take all our bits of left-over currency to Egypt, where they're rumoured to even accept Icelandic krona.....

Hope you enjoy the Discovery....she seems to do some interesting itineraries....we're looking into them.

Jo.

Archived