Which cruise line do you think is the most similar to Carnival?

Texas Teen

Which cruise line do you think is the most similar to Carnival Cruise Line?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise line do you think is the most similar to Carnival Cruise Line?

• Celebrity Cruises
    • Costa Cruises
    • Holland America Line
    • MSC Cruises
    • Norwegian Cruise Line
    • P&O Cruises
    • Princess Cruises
    • Royal Caribbean Int'l
    • Other (please post which line)

I'm interested to see what cruiseline ya'll think is most similar to Carnival! I posted a similar poll the other day about which cruise line is most similar to Royal Caribbean... The results were surprising (to me) in that poll. LINK

Here's the list in alphabetical order:

Celebrity Cruises

Costa Cruises

Holland America Line

MSC Cruises

Norwegian Cruise Line

P&O Cruises

Princess Cruises

Royal Caribbean Int'l

I've read your link, and I've cruised RCCL several times and Princess once (I think). From what I've read on your link, I agree that Princess and RCCL are about the same in elegance, while Carnival somewhat lacks in that respect, but overall ... Carnival and RCCL are pretty much the same, except Carnival's food and programs are better, IMO.

25 years ago I would have said NCL, but they've gone completely into the crapper.

Today, RCCL, despite what their apologists would claim. "Elegant" is not a word I would use to characterize RCCL, "gimmicky" is a better term. I don't need a rock wall and an ice rink on my ship. Pass.

I voted Costa due to some similar ship types..more casual atmosphere..and I know way more from close friend's TA experience and pouring over travel info..but I just love the different ships..differences in cruise philosophies/ amenities everything etc..it's what makes it fun to me.

Have enjoyed Costa, Carnival, Epiroitiki (no more), HAL, and Princess....my first repeat in lines will be Carnival, can not wait for newer ship...second HAL..due to best Bermuda schedule and wanting a quieter experience then..sjn.

25 years ago I would have said NCL, but they've gone completely into the crapper.

Today, RCCL, despite what their apologists would claim. "Elegant" is not a word I would use to characterize RCCL, "gimmicky" is a better term. I don't need a rock wall and an ice rink on my ship. Pass.

I disagree with you on your comment about NCL. It's obvious to me that you haven't sailed with them in a long time. They actually have been one of the mosy innovative cruise lines around. I first sailed with them in 1978 and they were just average compared to the other cruise lines. But they were the first in having a "private island" (Great Stirrup Cay); the first to have "freestyle dining", first with bowling lanes, etc. etc. Take a long look at the Norwegian Epic and see what new things they have come up with, especially the cabins for those sailing solo. They stack up pretty well against all the other guys.

I disagree with you on your comment about NCL. It's obvious to me that you haven't sailed with them in a long time. They actually have been one of the mosy innovative cruise lines around. I first sailed with them in 1978 and they were just average compared to the other cruise lines. But they were the first in having a "private island" (Great Stirrup Cay); the first to have "freestyle dining", first with bowling lanes, etc. etc. Take a long look at the Norwegian Epic and see what new things they have come up with, especially the cabins for those sailing solo. They stack up pretty well against all the other guys.

I agree :)

I didn't vote however.

I do not find any of the lines similar. To me, they each have something different...and I like that!!!

i didnt vote either as i think each of the lines have enough that make them different from each other..i find the passengers most similar on ccl and ncl( tend to be more laid back and less aloof):cool:

I didn't vote as I'm not a fan of these polls as the results are typically meaningless as on this one you can only choose one.

All of the mainstream cruise lines are pretty much the same. And, IMHO NCL is just fine also.

The only thing I like about NCL is Great Stirrup Cay. This is a line that isn't even on my radar when it comes to cruising; for too many reasons to go into here.

I completely agree on both counts. I've also sailed Celebrity and Princess, both of which IMHO are a step up.

I agree with the part about NCL, but they clearly are above Carnival now, especially their food and entertainment.

Archived