Transderm patch VS. Bonine

Guest Time2gocruzn

I agree with GC as uaual ;)

Go the holistic route. Ginger is wonderful...if it doesn't work, go to the pursers desk and get non-drowsy Dramamine...or Bonine, whatever they have in non-drowsy formula.

I wore a patch once...did NOT like the effects. You can't drink any alcohol while on the patch it does nasty things to you. I literally couldn't see after having one drink. I felt like I was looking through vaseline covered corneas....it was scary. Save your money...bring ginger, drink gingerale and if that fails just go to the purser!!

And don't worry about it...that's half the battle!!

My DH gets seasick and got the acupressure bands that you wear on your wrists right on the ship (about $15 a pair, you must wear both). He swears by them, wears them from the time he gets on the ship until we get off, never gets sick now.

My stepdaughter wore the patches the last cruise and said they didn't really help, but wore the bands and was fine!

I thought it was supposed to be crystallized ginger?? And do you think it's contraindicated by antibiotics?:D

LOL Max, you troublemaker! LOL!!!

The ginger capsules work best for me... Ginger ale, in most cases, doesn't really have much ginger in it at all, at best, you'll get a sugar buzz :D It's the safest remedy for me, no side effects and if it's good enough for the Navy and pregnant women, it's good enough for me! LOL!!!

Archived