Unrequested Ship Change

gebo

The tour company changed my ship from the Louis Calipso to the Aquamarine.They said that because so many people had booked they were using 2 ships for the same itinerary. I am upset. I called the tour company and they say they are checking into it. I have also called my credit card company and they say that if the tour company won't cooperate, I can take it to dispute. Has anybody done this. Am I over reacting? I was given a choice at booking and chose the 400 passenger ship over the 1200 passenger ship. This would/will be a different experience. :(

Louis is known for doing this. When I was on Calypso five years ago, we were often in port with Coral, and people on that ship were upset they were there and not on Calypso. It's all about the ports, don't sweat the ship, it's still small as ships go today. EM

I am sweating it.

I booked this cruise 3 months in advance and they gave me the choice. If they don't have the room they shouldn't offer it; if it's offered, they shouldn't take it away. Right now I don't know what I'll do. Sorry (not really) but I need to vent; guess I just don't like being what feels like powerlessness.

I know this must be upsetting to you. I think your best bet would be if you can get the cruise line to work with you. I haven't had anything exactly like this happen. But, I did have a river cruise that substituted a bus for a boat. In that case, they would not work with us and the credit card company said that the terms and conditions, or contract, would allow them to switch vessels, but not to substitute a boat with a bus. (Of course, they are still doing this, so maybe they changed the terms of the contract of carriage!) Anyway, out of curiosity I looked at yours. They clearly can change vessels according to your contract. Sorry.

“"Vessel" means the vessel named in the relevant Passage Contract or any substituted vessel owned or chartered or operated or controlled by the Carrier.

http://www.louiscruises.com/images/stories/coc_docs/pdfs/newterms_and_conditionsofcarriag_usa6208.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived