Aquahound (Paul)

Hi Paul...I meant to put this on before now but I've had computer problems :(

Two weeks ago, on Seven National News here in Perth, they were doing a story on the problems with the oil spill disaster in the gulf, very sad story too...THEN they said "Here is a feel-good story from the Gulf"...well I had seen your pic before but this was an interview with you, so I got to see you AND hear your voice too :)

A very presentable young man :D

Sorry folks, didn't know how else to get in touch with Paul ;)

Hi Paul...I meant to put this on before now but I've had computer problems :(

Two weeks ago, on Seven National News here in Perth, they were doing a story on the problems with the oil spill disaster in the gulf, very sad story too...THEN they said "Here is a feel-good story from the Gulf"...well I had seen your pic before but this was an interview with you, so I got to see you AND hear your voice too :)

A very presentable young man :D

Sorry folks, didn't know how else to get in touch with Paul ;)

He's even nicer and more handsome in person.:D

You folks are too kind! :)

Tanderra - Thanks for the kudos. Here is a link to the NBC Nightly News broadcast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7Iwg6NzWk

Also, just a bit of an update. The camera's owner, Dick de Bruin, was here in Key West last Friday. We met for a beer at Sloppy Joes, went to the spot I found the camera, then spent about an hour at my house. It was a great meeting. This story gets much, much deeper with very interesting WWII history in Aruba. We are doing some research, and a book option may be in the works.

Tanderra - Thanks for the kudos. Here is a link to the NBC Nightly News broadcast:

Also, just a bit of an update. The camera's owner, Dick de Bruin, was here in Key West last Friday. We met for a beer at Sloppy Joes, went to the spot I found the camera, then spent about an hour at my house. It was a great meeting. This story gets much, much deeper with very interesting WWII history in Aruba. We are doing some research, and a book option may be in the works.

I have been following this since the original thread. What a story! So glad you got to meet the owner and spend time. And nothing better than a beer at Sloppy Joes!:D Along with all the others I would like to congratulate you on your wonderful story and success!

Cool story Paul - thanks for sharing and being a good guy!

Pretty cool story Paul. :cool: Awesome job !!!

Wow! Do you have pictures of the meeting? How nice it must have been for you two to finally meet, bonded by a lost camera!!!

The first is our meeting at Sloppy Joes. The second is in my back yard. I'm the guy in the botton down shirt.

2842199870080150150S500x500Q85.jpg

2658545900080150150S500x500Q85.jpg

The first is our meeting at Sloppy Joes. The second is in my back yard. I'm the guy in the botton down shirt.

2842199870080150150S500x500Q85.jpg

2658545900080150150S500x500Q85.jpg

Paul, thanks for the pictures!!! This is such a wonderful story. Thanks for keeping us all up to date.

Laura

Thankyou so much Paul for the link :D....just fantastic. I did mean to ask if you had met with the camera's owner, Dick, yet...and you have! :). How absolutely wonderful.

I wish you both well with your research...and hopefully your book :)

Thanks for sharing, Paul! It looks like Dick is giving you something in the first picture.

What a wonderful story to get published!

Paul, I'm sure you are aware you were in our local newspaper up here in the Akron area. When I saw the article and your picture in the West Side Leader, I said "Hey, I know this story from Cruise Critic!" :D You and your wife are a handsome couple. I really think this story is amazing. I'll look forward to that book. What about a movie?? ;)

Thanks for sharing, Paul! It looks like Dick is giving you something in the first picture.

It's a plaque cut in the shape of Aruba. On the left is a wooden sea turtle, and on the right is the shield of the Aruban Coast Guard. In the center is an engraving of the 3 pertinent dates....date camera lost in Aruba (11-11-09), date of the sea turle video (1-15-10), and date camera found in Key West (5-16-10).

It's a plaque cut in the shape of Aruba. On the left is a wooden sea turtle, and on the right is the shield of the Aruban Coast Guard. In the center is an engraving of the 3 pertinent dates....date camera lost in Aruba (11-11-09), date of the sea turle video (1-15-10), and date camera found in Key West (5-16-10).

What a lovely, thoughtful gift!! You both look so happy in the picture, as he's handing the plaque to you.

Archived