Just off the CB 7/20 Sailing

frofro

Just got off the Caribbean Princess this morning. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'm not really good at doing a full report.

Things I did:

Purchased Ultimate Soda card and soda card

Chef's Table (LOVED THIS!!!!)

Crown Grill

Reused coffee card from last year

Horseshoe Bay, Dolphin Quest

Old San Juan, shopping, La Bombonera

St John snorkel, Shopped in St Thomas

Margaritaville stayed at beach

Saw comedians, hypnotist, game shows

Bought another FCC

Weather was good. Embarkation was a breeze as usual. The CB looked great. Staff was friendly for the most part. Had anytime dining, only had to wait on 1st formal night, even with a reservation. It was only about 10 minutes. The other nights, went right in, we were a party of 9. Dress code seems to have gone out the window, unfortunately the chairhogs have not. ;)

This was my 3rd time on the Caribbean Princess, 4th time on this itineray.

It was as usual a great time. If anyone wants to know something specific, I will try to answer for you. :)

Hello, hopefully you had a great trip. I would like to know who was the piano player and comedians. Thank you, John

Chris Turner was the piano player in Crooner's. He always seemed to have a nice crowd listening to him. The Comedians were Tom Briscoe and Troy Thirdgill, who I thought, was much funnier.

Hello! Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. I have 2 questions:

1. How was the AC throughout the ship/in your cabin? I've read reviews and complaints on this board recently that it's spotty.

2. Did you enjoy snorkelling in St John? Thinking of doing this next spring.

Thanks for offering to answer our questions!!

Hello! Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. I have 2 questions:

1. How was the AC throughout the ship/in your cabin? I've read reviews and complaints on this board recently that it's spotty.

2. Did you enjoy snorkelling in St John? Thinking of doing this next spring.

Thanks for offering to answer our questions!!

The AC in my cabin was just fine. We had 7 cabins, they were all fine. There do seem to be some hot spots throughout the ship. The muggier it is out, the more you feel it. It was worst in Cafe Caribe in the mornings.

Loved St John's. The snorkeling was fine, not as many fish as Coki, but there were fish to see on the trail. I took the ship's excursion, you only get a little less than 2 hours on the beach. I heard the champagne catamaran to St John is a really nice excursion. Next time I will do that one.

The AC in my cabin was just fine. We had 7 cabins, they were all fine. There do seem to be some hot spots throughout the ship. The muggier it is out, the more you feel it. It was worst in Cafe Caribe in the mornings.

Loved St John's. The snorkeling was fine, not as many fish as Coki, but there were fish to see on the trail. I took the ship's excursion, you only get a little less than 2 hours on the beach. I heard the champagne catamaran to St John is a really nice excursion. Next time I will do that one.

Thanks for answering! I'm on the CB for the 1st time this september and if we like the ship, we'll book another on board for spring 2011...who am I kidding? Even if we hate the ship we'll book the 2nd one - the itinerary is too awesome to pass up (S. Carib Explorer out of San Juan)

Anyways, thanks again for the info! Can't believe there is more than a month and a half to go, but this helps pass the time :)

Thanks for answering! I'm on the CB for the 1st time this september and if we like the ship, we'll book another on board for spring 2011...who am I kidding? Even if we hate the ship we'll book the 2nd one - the itinerary is too awesome to pass up (S. Carib Explorer out of San Juan)

Anyways, thanks again for the info! Can't believe there is more than a month and a half to go, but this helps pass the time :)

You will love it! Have a great time :)

I'm happy to hear that they've relaxed the suggested dress code even more than in the past on the Caribbean Princess. It makes for easier packing & leaves more room for liquor on the way home and still be able to eat in the DR on formal evenings dressed casually. :D

Glad you enjoyed the cruise how many formal nights were there on the cruise? Can you take some of the seafood from the buffet back to your cabin if you want to enjoy it on the balcony? Thanks

There were 2 formal nights...yes, you can take the seafood back to your balcony to enjoy, that's the best way to have it! :)

Did you happen to notice what time they started disembarkation (the saddest part of any cruise)?

Do you have any recommendations for a first-time Princess cruiser?

Thanks in advance -

Liz

We are leaving a week from Sat for the 1st NE/Canada cruise of the season. I am interested in doing the chef's table. Can you please tell me what was served? You don't need to give the description, just the food.:)

Did you notice teens wearing shorts in the dining room? Thanks.

Just off of the sailing as well...

Do you have any idea why 3 of the 4 singers from the first production show (Piano Man) were replaced mid-way through the cruise? We only attended two production shows, the above mentioned, and "Shall We Dance" and we noticed the change- something I have never seen before. Something about it might have been mentioned on one of the nights we were not there.

Did you happen to notice what time they started disembarkation (the saddest part of any cruise)?

7:15-8:00 if you chose express walk-off (you must carry your own luggage I believe), 7:30-8:30 for those on certain Princess shore tours of NYC, 8:15 and 8:30 for Princess transfers, and everything else ranged from 8:15 to 10:15 though I am not sure if that all went smoothly early on because there was an issue at the terminal this morning.

In my experience (1st seating Traditional) no. However many many people changed after dinner.

Do you have any recommendations for a first-time Princess cruiser?

Thanks in advance -

Liz

I believe the self disembarkation started at 7:15 ish and the rest I think started at 8:30...

Some recommendations..

Try the Chef's Table

Sit in the Sanctuary

Go to afternoon tea on sea days

Check out the Lotus Spa

Have sushi and wine at Vines or try a cheese plate

Have a beignet from the International Cafe with your morning coffee!

Watch a movie under the stars!

Try the English style pub lunch at the Crown Grill

Skywalker's is a great place to sit during the day

Have breakfast and lunch in the dining room

Check your patter every day for much much more!

We are leaving a week from Sat for the 1st NE/Canada cruise of the season. I am interested in doing the chef's table. Can you please tell me what was served? You don't need to give the description, just the food.:)

I have a menu from the Chef's Table which is still packed at the moment... from what i remember in the galley they served lots of goodies like a crab martini, sushi, caviar, tiny sundried tomato quiche, scallop w/ bacon, a bellini and so much more...at the table we had a delicious risotto, a strawberry sorbet with vodka, and 3 different meats which were so very tender, a pear with stilton cheese and nuts, incredible wines and dessert...the whole experience was absolutely amazing..they really make it a special event..try it!

This is my 4th Princess cruise, the dress code has always been enforced, and this time I didnt see this...there were some who got in with shorts...

Just off of the sailing as well...

Do you have any idea why 3 of the 4 singers from the first production show (Piano Man) were replaced mid-way through the cruise? We only attended two production shows, the above mentioned, and "Shall We Dance" and we noticed the change- something I have never seen before. Something about it might have been mentioned on one of the nights we were not there.

quote]

Sorry no idea, those were 2 shows I did not see..

Archived