traffic at brooklyn Cruise terminal is terrible today

smeyer418

Wow, this is all news to me.:eek:

We've cruised out of both Brooklyn and Manhattan several times, and I have to say I've never encountered major problems in either port, and I've especially enjoyed the ease of driving to Red Hook and parking my car such a short distance from the cruise ship.

We'll be back to Red Hook in October for two cruises, so I'm hoping this is really just a one time snafu.:cool:

I just got off the ship. The reason for the mess is there were hardly any porters, it was crazy. They just didnt show up to work :confused: Most people had to take their own luggage outside. Traffic was at a standstill coming in when I left. Cars were literally parked with drivers standing outside their cars! So I'm guessing try to get luggage on the ship was just as bad if not worse!!!

I too got off the ship and it was a pure mess of luggage moving every wear and took us forever to get out of the terminal, i am new to cruise critic and is there a way i can find teens from the cruise yesterday after leaving the ship i felt so depressed in that i would never see any otf them again how can i keep in touch through cruise critic? ps i hope you had a wonderfull time.

Kuddos to David Alvarez for taking responsibility and saying we will try to fix it. I think it is unusual for executive people to say "We messed up."

I agree. And for explaining exactly what the problem was.

I can't imagine being at the pier for this - what a mess.

Thanks for that link, Sid. Sure is a nice picture! ;)

Hopefully this won't be a recurring issue. We've cruised out of Red Hook before and will do so again in October, and I've always found it to be one of the "smoother" operations around.:cool:

Archived