Does Seabourn usually set up shuttle buses at their ports of call?

rols

I am researching my 1st Seabourn cruise, for our 30th Wedding Anniversary next May and have just come onto this part of cruisecritic to ask the same question!

P&O with whom I usually cruise with provide free shuttle buses at every port which is not very near the main attractions...even in places like Madeira when its only a 20 min walk to the promenade,

I am looking at a 7n cruise from Athens and when I put in 'Corfu' for example it only offered such things as mountain bike rides and car and driver hire, so, are there no free shuttles then to Corfu town for example? You would get this with P&O.. or are you expected to hire taxis at every port?

There were shuttle buses in Corfu from the port to the center of town. Also in other ports in the cuise except where we moored by the center of town, like in Split or where the tenders took you to the center like in Rovinj.

I am researching my 1st Seabourn cruise, for our 30th Wedding Anniversary next May and have just come onto this part of cruisecritic to ask the same question!

P&O with whom I usually cruise with provide free shuttle buses at every port which is not very near the main attractions...even in places like Madeira when its only a 20 min walk to the promenade,

I am looking at a 7n cruise from Athens and when I put in 'Corfu' for example it only offered such things as mountain bike rides and car and driver hire, so, are there no free shuttles then to Corfu town for example? You would get this with P&O.. or are you expected to hire taxis at every port?

Hi Libra lass

Yes Seabourn provide shuttle buses when required.

We also ventured onto seabourn for our 30th wedding anniversary. What a treat, they just make to whole trip special.

We have travelled on many lines, Cunard, P&O, NCL, RCCL, Celebrity and now Seabourn is our line of choice. Like you we particularly like P&O, apart from Ventura, but if choosing a wedding anniversay cruise do try Seabourn. Cunard is not, IMHO, as good as it was on QEII, we travelled QEII twice and QV twice. Loved QEII, but found QV expensive and severely lacking in service.

Linda :cool:

Archived