Port hole cabin pictures

charlnel

Hi everyone, I have had a terrible time getting logged in today (as a lot of people seem to have) and finally success, I am logged on. So I tired to search for pictures of a port hole room (to show hubby for possible cruise) and when I try to search it comes up with database error :confused:. Earlier today the search option wasn't even showing ( I found out even though it said I was logged in I wasn't). So, I am asking for help if anyone has a picture it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Charlene

This is our porthole cabin on Carnival Fantasy. U15. We would definitely book porthole again.

By the way, we moved our bed from the right wall to underneath the window. We do this on every cruise.

Cruise2010017.jpg

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
additional info

Great pics! We are sailing in a port hole cabin in December, the cost is great, and I still get a window! (of sorts). We have been balcony sailors prior to this on the big ships(MWA may be the "tall" ships, but they are not the big ships) I am so excited about our next cruise, I think the more you cruise the more you want to get back on a ship and do it again.! And if the price of portholes remains as good as this, then this will be our vacation of choice for a long time!:)

Great Pics. everyone, and I'm REALLY glad everyone enjoyed their cruise. But, Not ALL of these cabins are wonderful. The closer to the bow you get the louder ALL noise gets! We were in M3 in Jun. on the Elation and the first night was a little rough and the sound of the waves on the bow, which should be nice and relaxing sounded like cannon fire in the hold. NO JOKE! Have sailed 40+ cruises on lots of different ships cabins etc. but this was not fun. When arriving at port, the noise some say is their wakeup call, as in bow thrusters and the anchor chains, last for well into 20 mins. and is also a terrible vibration along with the noise which seems to be right there in your room. And that idealic picture out the porthole is not that ideal. When trying to look out the windows you are looking through about 2-3 feet of deepth of the hull and seemed to give me a slight case of vertigo. Mind you, the price was right and the light coming in was great, and on first inpression was very nostalgic, as Ive sailed old tall wooded sailing ships with the real thing aboard. Guess I was expecting too much. NOT trying to put anyone off these cabins, but the first few on either side WILL have all these negitives. Would I book it again at any price? NO! Just my view. Chose wisely and enjoy! :)

More porthole pictures! This was on the Fascination, room M10

4196682413_f8425dfd1d.jpg

4196682339_b1d02b5c43.jpg

I agree, too. Porthole wasn't for me and it is something we will never book again, lol. It was VERY VERY rough. Out of 4 cruises, this was the only one that I got really sick on.

Edited by ImmortalxKiss

This page really helped. My wife and I booked a porthole room (U3) on the Inspiration November 6th. This is our first cruise and I am a little worried about sea sickness but we have our Dramamine ready to go. I'm not so worried about the noise as we both need the tv to fall asleep anyway. Thanks for posting the pictures!

This page really helped. My wife and I booked a porthole room (U3) on the Inspiration November 6th. This is our first cruise and I am a little worried about sea sickness but we have our Dramamine ready to go. I'm not so worried about the noise as we both need the tv to fall asleep anyway. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Dont be too worried. I bought some ginger root pills and started taking them 2 weeks before and maintained taking them while I was on the cruise. Had no problems. We didnt spend much time in the room anyway. There is so much to do that all you want to do is wander the ship and crash in your room at the end of a full day. I also brought sea bands and wore them for sea days and had no problems. Enjoy your cruise and no worries mon!

Now that the site is fixed I can actually log in and post. Thanks everyone for all the great pictures! :D It will be very helpful in making a decision. We were also looking at the inside cabins up front with the windows. Would like to have light. Motion doesn't bother us and we're early risers so I don't think the engine noise will bother us (especially after having a cabin over the night club on the destiny...we thought the dj was in our room :eek:) Anyway thanks for the info!

Charlene

Hi everyone, again I wanted to say thanks for the pictures. Hubby was happy and we booked a PT cabin for a Christmas cruise. The price was right and this will be our 3rd Christmas cruise. We leave on the Valor, on 12/19. Warm weather and sun...but best of all, no snow!

Thanks

Charlene

We have a PT booked on the Elation in Nov. I dont think the motion and noise will both us too much as we team drove 18 wheelers for years. Cant be worse than trying to sleep in a rig bouncing down the road.

We chose this type of room because it looked neat. And the savings can always go towards another cruise!

For granted if we were taking our son with us we would get a much better room, but for the two of us it cant be worse than a truck, and a good way to get started in cruising. And our trip is only 4 days. If it were longer I think we would get a better room as well.

More porthole pictures! This was on the Fascination, room M10

4196682413_f8425dfd1d.jpg

4196682339_b1d02b5c43.jpg

I agree, too. Porthole wasn't for me and it is something we will never book again, lol. It was VERY VERY rough. Out of 4 cruises, this was the only one that I got really sick on.

I have this room booked in November, I really hope I am not sorry. I have been on 8 cuises and have only been sick once that was my the last night on my last cuise. Victoria to Seattle leg of my Alaska cruise. The person I am going with has never cruised before. May look into those braclet things.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

We love Porthole cabins... they are a great value! My first cruise was in and inside cabin (not my choice, but we won the cruise so no complaints!) and I hated not being able to tell what time of day it was, what the weather was, etc. I don't need a spectacular view, just some natural light! So, my second cruise was in a PT cabin on the Fantasy. We paid less than the going price for an inside cabin. We have also sailed in PT cabins on the Imagination and the Inspiration.

My husband gets seasick, but he takes Bonine every day and has never had a problem in the PT cabins. When I'm in the process of booking our next cruise he always reminds me to make sure I see if there are any PT cabins available!

You can see pics of the cabins we have stayed in... links to pics in my signature.

My DH husband and I sailed on the Fantasy back in May and had a PT room for the first time. We loved it! Our cabin was M15 and we didn't feel anymore movement there than in any other part of the ship. As far as the morning noise in port, the loudest noise for us were the thrusters. In tendered ports- (obviously don't need an anchor while they are alongside a pier- you may hear them drop anchor, but for us it was not a big deal. The extra space in front of the portholes make the room seem larger. Would definately book again.

it was Empress deck for us on the Inspiration for us.. E7..up high enough to not hear the waves crashing against the bow...we did hear the thrusters in the morning when we docked in Cozumel, tho...but I was up anyway.

There was a bit more rocking, do bring Bonine and take it just in case..it's the cheapest form of insurance you can get!!;) Movement is always going to depend on the weather and the seas!

777203015_MomnMeCruise0311070.jpg.3c9b42052b4725026a8691917f6e398c.jpg

Edited by Crazy4Koko

We will be on the Fascination in Oct for our first cruise, and have PT cabin E4 - anyone have any pics of this cabin? We are high enough up so the waves won't bother us, and we're early risers so will be up and the anchors noise won't bother us. I am concerned now about the motion this far forward. We booked before I discovered this forum.

What are the sea bands, and where can you get them?

We will be on the Fascination in Oct for our first cruise, and have PT cabin E4 - anyone have any pics of this cabin? We are high enough up so the waves won't bother us, and we're early risers so will be up and the anchors noise won't bother us. I am concerned now about the motion this far forward. We booked before I discovered this forum.

What are the sea bands, and where can you get them?

We have stayed in a PT room and really werent in the room long enough to notice the movement. We were only in our room to change clothes or sleep.

Here is a picture of seabands. I have used them and they work wonderfully.

antinauseabandthumb.jpg