Port hole cabin pictures

charlnel

I normally prefer an inside. I never pay extra for a window, mostly because I LOVE my cabin dark at night. I sleep SO WELL in those cabins.

But I have 2217 coming up on Glory to Bermuda in October (sailing solo). I've had motion sickness issues in the past and am hoping that being in the Atlantic, in mid-October, in a forward cabin won't be an issue.

Since I started taking ginger capsules, my motion sickness is much better. I still take 1/2 bonine am and pm only if the seas are fairly rough. Otherwise, just 1/2 pm.

I have also used the wrist bands. That photo illistration is perfect because if they aren't positioned correctly, they are worthless. I'd guess that 99% of the people I see wearing them on board have them in the wrong position (right where the wrist bends).

If you Google "accupressure point P6" you'll find plenty of info on how to locate the exact area where the nub on the band should press. You can find it easily using your thumb.

Anyway, I really hope 2217 on Glory is similar to 2217 on Dream! Looks like a fantastic cabin.

There's also an "everything 1A" thread here somewhere that has some excellent pics of the 1A porthole cabins.

If you are looking on-line.....go to interior then look for listings for PT. They are always going to be "forward" on the ship.

Just for clarification for those who may not know: There are PT cabins, but there are also cabins with Port Holes; for example, some of the 1'As-if you look at the forward cabins, some will have a "diamond", which=Port Holes. I have one of these booked for my cruise on the Conquest in November. It'll be my 1st cabin with the Port Holes:cool:

I will be sailing on the Splendor September 11th, and have 2221. Does anyone have any pictures or information on this cabin? Thanks for your help.

We had 2221 on Triumph in May. It looks just like all the others. We have 2220 booked for Conquest in October.

How do you book these Porthole Cabins? Are they considered Interior, or Ocean-view?

Hey there Kat, hope you're well!

On the Fantasy-class, they're considered Interior - you'll see "PT" listed as a category for the insides. They have the king/twin bed combo same as other cabins.

On the bigger ships, they come in two flavors: there are a few at the very bow that are sold as 1A - I had one on Freedom (1212) and loved loved loved it - but look for the little 'diamond' on the deck plan as some of the 1A's at the bow don't have portholes. Right behind these on the two lower decks are cabins in a separate 'PT' category, don't know whether these are sold as insides or outsides. Needless to say, the 1A's are cheaper - but as the pics here show, they only have one single bed and a convertible sofa, no king-size bed. The PT's, though, have the twin/king configuration.

I have a PT booked for my Ecstasy cruise, looking forward to it again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a porthole cabin reserved for my cruise. I was pleasantly surprised by how it's priced as an inside. It's the best of both worlds: the view of the ocean (although tunnel-visioned, since the portholes are located deep in the hull) and the relatively low price. The forward location is not a problem, since I got motion-sick only three times in my whole life. I'm bringing Bonine strictly as a what-if, since I never cruised before. Hope my cabin will look as nice as the pictures on here.

Can anyone tell me if this cabin (E7 on Inspiration) can sleep a third person - either in a bunk or on a sofa-bed?

We had that cabin on Paradise. There is no bunk or sofa. Not sure if they'd allow a rollaway but it would be extremely cramped if they did.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Epic using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Hello!

I am trying to resurrect this thread, as it is the most helpful one I have found regarding portholes with PICTURES of the cabins included! Love the pictures:)

We are a party of four booked into two porthole cabins on the Paradise (Fantasy class)

Does anyone have experience with cabins R1 or R5? We are waaaaaaaay down low and as far forward as we can be. Looking forward to trying a new location, but would appreciate any information from people that have been there. Thanks;)

Forgot to ask...

Do all of the portholes have that great big window ledge underneath that one can sit on to look out?

I believe that they do, but the further back that you go, the smaller the ledge.

We had U15 on Fantasy and there was a sizable ledge. Both myself and DBF could sit up there together.

We booked R-1 for our December sailing and hope the ledge is just as prominent.

I believe that they do, but the further back that you go, the smaller the ledge.

We had U15 on Fantasy and there was a sizable ledge. Both myself and DBF could sit up there together.

We booked R-1 for our December sailing and hope the ledge is just as prominent.

Thank you for the info! I can't wait to try out the porthole:)

I love the cabin and it is a super value but the first time I heard the anchor I really thought it was all over. I just remember waking up to my wife saying "Holy S%*@".

LOL! Good warning! I don't think we will have to deal with anchor noise. We don't have any tender port stops:)