Boston logan airport transporation suggestion

HKG

The airport is close to the Black Falcon Terminal, but the cab fare is expensive - $25-30. There is also a public transit option for $2/pp.

The Silver Line stops on the ground level at each airport terminal. This is the newest "T" offering in Boston and was designed to provide convenient, inexpensive public transit access to the airport. The Silver Line SL1 buses are large, disarticulated buses which have low steps and luggage storage similar to a rental car bus. To go to the cruise terminal you would take the Silver Line two stops after the last airport stop to World Trade Center, where you would transfer up and over the tracks to the opposite direction (escalator and elevator available) to the SL2 to the Black Falcon Terminal. The estimated time for this trip is about 1/2 hour.

The airport is close to the Black Falcon Terminal, but the cab fare is expensive - $25-30. There is also a public transit option for $2/pp.

The Silver Line stops on the ground level at each airport terminal. This is the newest "T" offering in Boston and was designed to provide convenient, inexpensive public transit access to the airport. The Silver Line SL1 buses are large, disarticulated buses which have low steps and luggage storage similar to a rental car bus. To go to the cruise terminal you would take the Silver Line two stops after the last airport stop to World Trade Center, where you would transfer up and over the tracks to the opposite direction (escalator and elevator available) to the SL2 to the Black Falcon Terminal. The estimated time for this trip is about 1/2 hour.

I concur... I took my DD into Logan via the Silver Line. The Silver Line is quick and efficient. I think there were three stops from South Station. There are good racks for the luggage, if you need it the driver will lower the bus even further, just ask them.

• 2 months later...
I concur... I took my DD into Logan via the Silver Line. The Silver Line is quick and efficient. I think there were three stops from South Station. There are good racks for the luggage, if you need it the driver will lower the bus even further, just ask them.

after you depart at Black Falcon station how far do you have to drag your luggage to turn it over to the long shoremen before boarding?

after you depart at Black Falcon station how far do you have to drag your luggage to turn it over to the long shoremen before boarding?

If your luggage has wheels it's very easy, a minute or two's roll from the bus stop depending on which position the ship is docked in. The satellite view on Google Maps for "Black Falcon Cruise Terminal" will give you birds eye view and shows the bus stops and where the ships dock.

That's good to know. I was going to post that it is close, but I've never actually sailed out of Boston or taken the "T" as far as the pier, so I didn't want to give incorrect info. Others have commented that it is very close. Sounds like it is no worse than any airport.

I love the Silver Line. After years of driving to Logan, dealing with awful traffic, and picking up people at all sorts of times and in all sorts of weather (my daughter went to U of CO), I find it much easier to take the Silver Line to South Station and the Red Line to Alewife to be picked up. Of course taking a limo while traveling on business was also great, but not really in my budget for a personal trip. It just bugs me to pay $25+ to take a $2 trip.

We did Jewel TA last year and parked our car in the garage directly across from the cruise terminal. We had to talk to the garage manager, but they gave us the cruise passenger rate even though the ship was not in port (we showed them our tickets returning to BOS). Took the Silverline (stops right in front of the garage) to Logan for flight to LON and it was fast and easy, even with 2 week's luggage. It was our first time taking the Silverline, but I think it's the way to go for a Boston cruise.

That's good to know. I was going to post that it is close, but I've never actually sailed out of Boston or taken the "T" as far as the pier, so I didn't want to give incorrect info. Others have commented that it is very close. Sounds like it is no worse than any airport.

Archived