Coffee in Dining Room and Buffet

We are booked on our first RCI cruise next month and were wondering if they serve the Seattle's Best coffee in the dining room and buffet? We know it is available on the ship at some venues, but were not sure about the dining room and buffet. If it is not available, how is the coffee?

It may depend on the ship, but I don't believe you usually get Seattle's best in either the DR or buffet unless you want to pay for a specialty coffee. I generally find the coffee in those venues very strong and a little less than great.

They use a different kind of coffee in the MDR - I think we were told its some kind of liquid. About 10 years ago, we were on a cruise to Hawaii and I loved the coffee in the WJ but hated it in the MDR - another couple at the table felt the same way. The head waiter said he would get us coffee from the WJ the next night - not sure what happened but it also tasted awful. Still trying to please us, the next night he served us coffee that was fantastic. Turns out, he had someone go down to the crew's dining area to get the coffee. They did that every night from that point on. Our waiter told us the last night that the head waiter would watch our table so he would know when to send someone to get a carafe of coffee for the 4 of us. Now, that's great service!

I don't love the coffee, but I don't hate it. Rather, I've learned to "like" it. I brought a french press on my first cruise and used it exactly once. As long as I'm not making it and not cleaning it, RCI coffee will do. :)

I have just stepped off the Adventure and am happy to report that, as a coffee snob, the quality of coffee served throughout the ship appears to have improved.

The Windjammer and Dining Room and Promenade Cafe now use proper ground coffee and not the syrup they used to use. I witnessed, this very morning, the filters being changed and freshly loaded with Seattle's Best Royal "carib bean" - that's how it was spelt, fresh ground coffee.

First cruise that I have not had to write something on the comment card concerning the poor quality of the coffee.

K

I have just stepped off the Adventure and am happy to report that, as a coffee snob, the quality of coffee served throughout the ship appears to have improved.

The Windjammer and Dining Room and Promenade Cafe now use proper ground coffee and not the syrup they used to use. I witnessed, this very morning, the filters being changed and freshly loaded with Seattle's Best Royal "carib bean" - that's how it was spelt, fresh ground coffee.

First cruise that I have not had to write something on the comment card concerning the poor quality of the coffee.

K

That is awesome news:)

coming from somene who LOVES er coffee all day long!

Last cruise the coffee in the WJ depended on who was making it. We went to different station and the coffee was different, good to really bad. The coffee at the Cafe Prom was always very good. I think it has more to do with who is making it. They do use Seattle's Best grounds. Its strange that it changes in quality.

Archived