Soap on the Amsterdam

bergjd

Could someone who has been on the Amsterdam this summer please answer... Are they using the dispensers in the showers or still the small bottles? We were on the O'dam this in June and it was still the bottles. I was wondering whether to bring my own shower gel on the Grand Asia in September.

So far all we have heard of is the Nieuw Amsterdam being suppled with the liquid soap etc. BUT..we would put our money down on the fact that this is the future for all the DAM ships! If you really like your own brand, bring it .Can[t weight that much!

Carol and Karen - Thanks so much for the timely response. You answered my question. The Amsterdam is going in for a short dry dock in December before the Around the World cruise, so I figure whatever it has now, will be the same until at least then.

We have been on cruises that have the wall mount system, and the truth is, if they put a decent product inside, we find it handy. But, that's another thread.

We have found that the Elemis products are not too our liking -- dries out my skin and for DH he had a reaction to the shampoos -- due to the medications he takes.

So I would suggest that on a longer cruise you might consider taking your own shower gel until you see how you react to the products.

We have found that the Elemis products are not too our liking -- dries out my skin and for DH he had a reaction to the shampoos -- due to the medications he takes.

So I would suggest that on a longer cruise you might consider taking your own shower gel until you see how you react to the products.

Since it is a long cruise, that might be a good idea. Thanks

we just got off the Oosterdam, and I found their shampoo, soap etc very harsh. My face broke out and my hair was a mess!!! :( I'll be bringing my own next time. I'm home and my hair feels great

Was lucky that DH had some Princess stuff in his shaving kit and I used it for the rest of the cruise

I have very sensitive skin so I always take along a bar of Dove for bathing. And, as others have said, we had the little bottles of soap when we were on the Amsterday in June but they also had the small bars of soap for washing the hands.

Could someone who has been on the Amsterdam this summer please answer... Are they using the dispensers in the showers or still the small bottles? We were on the O'dam this in June and it was still the bottles. I was wondering whether to bring my own shower gel on the Grand Asia in September.

This past May we had the small bottles in a balcony room and I think that was true for all categories.

Archived