Usual flight schedule out of LAX?

trixiee

I would like to book my flight out of DTW to LAX usimg airmiles... I have read that PG doesn't confirm flights until 30 dats pre-cruise. obviously, i will need to book my airmiles flight earlier than that... is there a routine flight that PG books for guests?

I would like to book my flight out of DTW to LAX usimg airmiles... I have read that PG doesn't confirm flights until 30 dats pre-cruise. obviously, i will need to book my airmiles flight earlier than that... is there a routine flight that PG books for guests?

I would suggest you speak with Shawna at PG about flight options and ask the travel consultant you spoke with why its $45 pp more with her on the telephone vs. booking online!:)

There is really only 1 flight on Air Tahiti Nui outbound from LAX. It leaves at 1pm and arrives at 6:20pm. The other outbound flight arrives after the ship leaves port.

We're taking Delta out of Detroit Oct 30th on flight 1419 that leaves at 8:55am and arrives at LAX at 11am.

Hope this helps :)

Enjoy your cruise.

There is really only 1 flight on Air Tahiti Nui outbound from LAX. It leaves at 1pm and arrives at 6:20pm. The other outbound flight arrives after the ship leaves port.

We're taking Delta out of Detroit Oct 30th on flight 1419 that leaves at 8:55am and arrives at LAX at 11am.

Hope this helps :)

Enjoy your cruise.

Will you be sure to post when you return to let me know if you felt that 2 hours betwen flights was sufficient? I'm also a wee bit worried about missing the flight, should bad weather strike Detroit in early January. :eek:

Will you be sure to post when you return to let me know if you felt that 2 hours betwen flights was sufficient? I'm also a wee bit worried about missing the flight, should bad weather strike Detroit in early January. :eek:

Trixiee,

With this level of holiday,you really should consider going the day before.Why be stressed out about all this stuff.Did you not receive your free air from PG?Its a shame to have to redeem frequent flyer miles for this trip.

Yes, I may consider doing that... PG has offered to send us from Detroit ... for an extra $400.00 pp. I'm using airmiles to get us from DTW to LAX, and I guess I'll use my Hilton Honours points for the extra hotel night.

Hey Tom, can I have your email address? I would like to get some "bargaining" tips from you! Unless you want to post here. That would be great too!:cool:

Yes, I may consider doing that... PG has offered to send us from Detroit ... for an extra $400.00 pp. I'm using airmiles to get us from DTW to LAX, and I guess I'll use my Hilton Honours points for the extra hotel night.

Hey Tom, can I have your email address? I would like to get some "bargaining" tips from you! Unless you want to post here. That would be great too!:cool:

Trixiee,

I have a contact at the LAX Hilton airport,she is great!Why don't you leave your email address and I'll be in touch.(I should have been in the travel business):D

Is there some way to Private Message another member on this forum? Just asking before I post my email address...:confused:

Trixiee,I'm not sure.Please check this out-9/14/10 Royal Princess 22 Days!It is incredible in IMHO but you have to be ready to go in 6 weeks!:)

I sure will.

In Jan, I would agree to fly in the night before, just to be safe.

I am sorry I didn't post this earlier but I couldn't get on and then I was out of town. Anyway Vantage has booked us next Feb. 9 on Air Tahiti Nui leaving LAX at 4:25pm not 1:30pm. I have just checked this with the Air Tahiti Nui web site and it is correct.

My point was that some one earlier mentioned that there was only one Air Tahiti Nui flight and that was the 1:30 flight. Also when I checked flights for the Feb. 2011 date on Air Tahiti Nui the 4:30 flight was the only one mentioned so I did think the originally poster should not assume she was on a 1:30 flight. For us 4:30 is great because with Vantage we will be met and taken right to the ship, and it gives us comfortable time to get from home (Hillsboro, OR) to LAX on the same day. :)

Um, unless my memory is really faulty, the 4:30 flight gets into Papeete after midnight. Does this mean you're flying on the same day as sailing? So the ship is going to wait for you? (I know the ship sails late and they will wait.) So they're going to pour you into bed on the ship? Sounds very unpleasant. I always go at least one night in advance, preferably two.

I agree about the comfort-factor of flying from the east. When Radisson/Regent ran the ship, they often did what they called a "forced overnight" from the east coast, i.e., flew you to LA the day before and put you up at the Hilton at their cost. I think that's probably partly why ATN added the later flight, so they don't have to do this. Just a theory.

You can always consider using the American Express Platinum Card program. We booked TWO business class tickets for the price of ONE in their International Air Program. The second passenger only pays taxes. It's a nice savings if you prefer Business or First Class on long flights. We are flying Air France from LAX and flying time is about 8.5 hours.

Rick and Donna

You can always consider using the American Express Platinum Card program. We booked TWO business class tickets for the price of ONE in their International Air Program. The second passenger only pays taxes. It's a nice savings if you prefer Business or First Class on long flights. We are flying Air France from LAX and flying time is about 8.5 hours.

Rick and Donna

Rick and Donna, we'll no doubt see you on that flight. We did the same, 2 for one business class. Air France... Then, as we are arriving at 4am the day of sailing, we got a day room. I have no idea how we'll be feeling at that point - we're East Coast timezone at home; but that way we have the bed if we need a nap, though I'm hoping to hit the market in port before boarding, and also board in the afternoon as soon as we're allowed (I've heard 3pm?).

Bev & Tony

Archived