Height requirements for Dream slides

heymonkey89

My son will be turning 4 right before we board on Oct. 30th. He is now 41 inches and I highly doubt he grows another inch within 3 months.

I know there are many different slides on the Dream, will he be able to slide on any of them if he remains under 42"?

Edited by heymonkey89

I thought it was 42 inches but wanted to check. FAQs on Carnival are handy and say :)

42 inches for your ship

Are there any height requirements for Carnival's Twister Waterslide?

Carnival Twister waterslides that run into a pool have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment. (Elation; Paradise)

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Carnival Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor; Dream) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about. This will now include the Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fantasy due to Carnival Waterworks.

Use of the waterslide:

* Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.

* Multiple riders are not permitted.

* No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.

* The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

* Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first.

Edited by firefly333

haha Thanks a lot, those pics were a huge help.

I'll teach him to stand on his tip toes when he goes up to the signs.

He will be disappointed if he doesn't get to go down the larger straight slide. He is able to go down a huge slide when we go to the beach and he loves it.

haha Thanks a lot, those pics were a huge help.

I'll teach him to stand on his tip toes when he goes up to the signs.

He will be disappointed if he doesn't get to go down the larger straight slide. He is able to go down a huge slide when we go to the beach and he loves it.

We were on the Dream in May and they were checking very carefully the height of the kids even during off times. You might want to cover this in case your child does not grow the extra inch. One little girl was wearing thick soled watershoes and she barely made it with the shoes on. They made her take them off to remeasure her and turned her back because she didn't make it without the shoes. Not sure if they would be that strict all the time, but they did seem to be very safety conscious where the slides were concerned.

• 7 years later...

I'm new here so please pardon me if I should be starting a new post instead of reviving an old one.

We are going to be on the Dream in October and my youngest twins are exactly 42 inches. I wondered if anyone had experience with a child who was right at the posted height, and if they were allowed to ride?

I know sometimes the posted height says one thing, but the actual measuring stick is a bit off. We have encountered this at Disney, for example, when we had the doctors measurement and had triple checked at home to know we were safe, only to find their posted ruler to be an inch or two higher. It will be fine if that's the case, but I'd rather know going in so my boys weren't disappointed.

Thanks!