How far is the Seattle pier to Seattle airport & best way to get there?

oceanfun77

We rented a car. It was cheaper than paying for 3 of us to get to the pier.

We can pick up the car at the airport and then return it to the rental car company near the pier. The rental company will take us to the pier. We actually rented it on the day before we leave on the cruise so that we can see some sights and we rented it on the way back because our flight leaves at 5:00 and again we can sightsee.

How far is the Seattle pier to Seattle airport & what is the best way to get there? The cruise offers airport to pier transfer at $40 a person. With 2 people, that is $80 for the transfer. Is there a better way to get there?

I'm reserved w/Go Shuttle. Yesterday I called to ask a question and 3 times the phone disconnected. Called when I got home from work and it took 6 min. waiting before I spoke to someone. Gave thorough answers to all my questions. I'ts $27 fro pier to SEA. Thinking of switching...

I think I might have Royal Coach Town cars pick us up at home and Wisk us away to the cruise ship on Pier 91. It’ll be a little more expense than parking near the Pier, but I won't have to fight all the traffic in Downtown Seattle. Sounds like a plan to me. I’ll have to run this one by the big boss. Hell I might stop by Sea-Tac and pick up a few more cruisers.

• 4 weeks later...
You're replying to a question posed three years ago.

That's funny. But, I'm reading this post and getting some really good information for our June 23rd cruise!! (And you are reading it too. :D)

It's 11pm now. But will talk to my sister in morning and check out Seattle Express if the prices are still good since the posts are over a year old.

Or will take hotel shuttle to SeaTac, then Light Rail to Westlake then a cab to pier 91.

The sister that is not on this trip usually makes all the arrangements. She has abandoned us this time and we are fending for ourselves!!!!:eek:

I just got home, so my news is "fresh". Here is what we did:

We stayed at SleepInn SeaTac- Highly recommended ($71-76). They have a very efficient shuttle that picks you up at the airport. We arrived late so went straight to the hotel.

Morning of cruise- we took the hotel shuttle to SeaTac and got on a Shuttle Express to Pier 91. $22 pp. Okay, but we didn't realize that Seattle Express would have picked us up at this hotel and taken us to the pier for $12!

So, we called them to arrange the return trip to our hotel and they were efficient and reliable. Note that you need to call them to get specific info as the pier letter will be different depending on which terminal and dock!

A side note: we arrived at the hotel at 10:00 AM and they let us have the room early. We rested just a bit and then took the hotel shuttle to SEATAC and hopped on the light rail to the Mariner's Game. Really efficient! However, if you were a person who thought the light rail was a good idea from SeaTac to the pier and used it, you would have been standing for the 30 mins. it took to get to Stadium Station and would have probably had no room for your luggage. Timing is everything!

So, light rail- good for trips without luggage. Seattle Express- good, reliable

Please be sure you read carefully- Shuttle Express- more expensive. They are not the same as Seattle Express. Shuttle Express seems to have a greater share of the market.

A side note: we arrived at the hotel at 10:00 AM and they let us have the room early. We rested just a bit and then took the hotel shuttle to SEATAC and hopped on the light rail to the Mariner's Game. Really efficient! However, if you were a person who thought the light rail was a good idea from SeaTac to the pier and used it, you would have been standing for the 30 mins. it took to get to Stadium Station and would have probably had no room for your luggage. Timing is everything!

So, light rail- good for trips without luggage.

Yes, definitely, if you're considering light rail from the airport, check the schedule for the Mariners, and the Sounders (the local major league soccer team), and in a few weeks, the Seahawks--they all play in Sodo, south of downtown, and are served by the Stadium and International District light rail stations. With the price of parking there, a lot of people take advantage of that method of getting to games! But if there's no game, and you're not traveling at weekday morning or evening rush hours, there should be seats, and room for a reasonable amount of luggage on the trains.

If you take the light rail to the piers, you still have to get from the light rail to the ship. We were on Pier 91, so no way would you walk- too far even if you were strong. You would need to add a taxi. That makes Seattle Express the clear winner for $12 direct from the hotel to pier.

If you take the light rail to the piers, you still have to get from the light rail to the ship. We were on Pier 91, so no way would you walk- too far even if you were strong. You would need to add a taxi. That makes Seattle Express the clear winner for $12 direct from the hotel to pier.

If you are a walker/hiker, you can do it, its about 2 miles.

You can also take "RapidRide" buses to a stop close to the pier for those that are reasonably confident riding mass transit.

see the picture on the bottom of this link as well as links to more info and maps.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/alaskacruisesinfo

• 3 weeks later...
My family is trying the light rail from SeaTac to downtown (station about 3 blocks from pier) in two weeks. Looks like for all four of us it will cost about $10. Family calls me a sadist sometimes (making them lug luggage 3 blocks); all I know for sure is that I'm cheap.

How did this work out for you? Which station do you get off? Any taxis available for the last few blocks?

Hi

Take the town car. You get in the town car and get to airpot . If you get the shuttle you have to wait for it to arrive be on the right one. I waited almost a hour last year. You going on a nice cruise for 40.00 both of you is cheap.

Mary

• 1 month later...
Hi

Take the town car. You get in the town car and get to airpot . If you get the shuttle you have to wait for it to arrive be on the right one. I waited almost a hour last year. You going on a nice cruise for 40.00 both of you is cheap.

Mary

sorry I missed what "town car". Is there a specific one you use? We will need trandportation from Pier 91 HAL Oosterdam.... on 9/22 to alaska airlines Seatac.

Thanks so much!

The best way we have found is:

At SeaTac walk through the parking garage to the light rail station. About 1/4 mile on well-marked walkway. Tickets can be purchased using cash or credit card from ticketing machines. Trains run frequently and are clean and safe. Fare: $2.75

Take light rail to Pioneer Square Station. Use the elevator to reach ground level. Make a hard right out of the station onto 3rd Ave. Walk to James St and look for bus stop just on the other side of James St in front of King County Court House on 3rd Ave. Take Bus 24 to Magnolia Bridge. Tell the driver you want to get off at Pier 91. Be sure to have $2 and some quarters to pay the fare for each person. There are no restrooms anywhere near the station or the bus stop or places to get change. Fares on Saturdays are $2.25. Higher during the week I think.

When you get to the Magnolia Bridge stop on the viaduct, get off the bus, go down the stairs to the pier. Ask the driver to point out where the stairs are. There are 2 flights of stairs. Not too bad. Then go right and follow the road to the pier. Maybe 1/4 mile at most.

Total cost on a Saturday - $5.00/person. Forget about getting an Orca pass. The $5 fee for one makes it uneconomical for short term visitors.

The walking distances are not that great. The only real obstacle is the stairs off of Magnolia Bridge and it is not that bad. The entire route is safe from what I could see. Allow 1 1/2 hours to get to Pier 91.

To get to the airport: go in reverse.

Check the weather before getting to Seattle. If it is raining hard you might want to find another way because you will have to walk from Magnolia Street Bridge to the Pier in the rain. Once at the pier there are covered walkways.

Taxis are $50 + tip. Express Vans are $22/person + tip.

Archived