How far is the Seattle pier to Seattle airport & best way to get there?

oceanfun77

I would check with "shuttle express"-

http://shuttleexpress.com/default.aspx from the airport and return. It is reasonable, reliable- use it to go- to and from private residence and airport many times- have been very pleased with their service.

I believe they have a service to the Pier and return-

From baggage claim- they are up one level- over a pedestrian walkway- and then down a level- very convenient and not far away even with bags- on the return, they drop you right at the curb by your airline check in. rlb

My trip isn't until next year, but we plan to use Seattle Express (www.seattleexpress.com). It is $12 pp from the pier to the airport. Carnival wants $27 pp to get to the airport. Below is the email I got from them when I asked about their service.

Hi,

Yes we do. The rate is $12 per person. You call 206-793-8430 in the morning the ship comes in with your disembarkment time. When you come off the ship you proceed to Bus Lane "T" and check in with Bill my greeter.

Thank you,

Matt Schmer

Seattle Express

206-793-8430

My trip isn't until next year, but we plan to use Seattle Express (www.seattleexpress.com). It is $12 pp from the pier to the airport. Carnival wants $27 pp to get to the airport. Below is the email I got from them when I asked about their service.

Hi,

Yes we do. The rate is $12 per person. You call 206-793-8430 in the morning the ship comes in with your disembarkment time. When you come off the ship you proceed to Bus Lane "T" and check in with Bill my greeter.

Thank you,

Matt Schmer

Seattle Express

206-793-8430

You won't have any problems with them. We used them in May of this year for a transfer from pier 91 to the airport. Matt was always accurate and fast with email replies. FYI: Lane "T" is the furthest away lane from the terminal. Also the lines from the larger buses tend to overflow into lane "T" so when you get there make sure to go to guy with the clipboard by the shuttle van and don't assume the line is all waiting for your shuttle.

BTW the Shuttle Express wants $38 for two people, so Seattle Express is still much cheaper.

re: Seattle Express-Just used them this past Saturday AM...had made prior reservations per above. Only had 8 people on the bus, made one hotel stop and we were at the airport in about 30 mins.

My family is trying the light rail from SeaTac to downtown (station about 3 blocks from pier) in two weeks. Looks like for all four of us it will cost about $10. Family calls me a sadist sometimes (making them lug luggage 3 blocks); all I know for sure is that I'm cheap.

My family is trying the light rail from SeaTac to downtown (station about 3 blocks from pier) in two weeks. Looks like for all four of us it will cost about $10. Family calls me a sadist sometimes (making them lug luggage 3 blocks); all I know for sure is that I'm cheap.

You may want to make dang sure you know what pier your ship is using. There are more than one. The main pier is now quite a ways from the link light rail system. More like 1 mile than 3 blocks. I used this train while in town to get to the Amtrak station. I'm a cheapskate myself and am perfectly capable of walking. I just don't want you to get there, find yourself up a creek without a paddle and have to fork over for a taxi or worse miss your cruise.

You may want to make dang sure you know what pier your ship is using. There are more than one. The main pier is now quite a ways from the link light rail system. More like 1 mile than 3 blocks. I used this train while in town to get to the Amtrak station. I'm a cheapskate myself and am perfectly capable of walking. I just don't want you to get there, find yourself up a creek without a paddle and have to fork over for a taxi or worse miss your cruise.

We're on NCL Star. Isn't that at the pier closest to rail station (Westlake)? Has anyone made the walk from Westlake to the Star?

We're on NCL Star. Isn't that at the pier closest to rail station (Westlake)? Has anyone made the walk from Westlake to the Star?

I've walked to the ship several times from this area, which is the same area as the bus stop.

I walk through Pike Market- with my one rolling bag. :) Then down Lenora, to the elevator. Turn right to the ship. Simple. BUT, I also navigate NYC subways/buses, other city buses, where I can get them- all the time. It is NOT for everyone.

Thanks BQ, sounds easy.

I've got two strapping teenage sons, so I think we can manage the walk with luggage. I've only allowed one rolling bag per family member in order to avoid extra bag charges on JetBlue. As I said, I'm a cheap b*****d.

From Seattle International Airport (arrival at 11:40am) to the pier for Golden Princess (departs 4pm, but check-in begins 12pm), do you think I should take Seattle's subway or SeattleExpress given the time schedule? Is it $2 a person for the subway? How long is the train ride?

How far is the subway from the airport and how far is the subway station from my pier (new Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91). Do I need to transfer any subways? I'm going with my mom who is in her mid-50s and has no trouble walking, but I don't want her to walk with luggage if it's a long walk.

And to confirm, do I get off the WestLake stop?

We're from NYC, so used to the subways.

From Seattle International Airport (arrival at 11:40am) to the pier for Golden Princess (departs 4pm, but check-in begins 12pm), do you think I should take Seattle's subway or SeattleExpress given the time schedule? Is it $2 a person for the subway? How long is the train ride?

How far is the subway from the airport and how far is the subway station from my pier (I just booked today and have no information on what pier I am supposed to be using). Do I need to transfer any subways? I'm going with my mom who is in her mid-50s and has no trouble walking, but I don't want her to walk with luggage if it's a long walk.

We're from NYC, so used to the subways.

Sorry, Princess does not use this dock. You have to go with a shuttle service, cruise contracted transfer, or taxi. Or, take a cab from the closest Light rail stop. (get the details on where that is). The light rail goes to Seatac. Frankly, you are going to be very tight on time to monkey around with anything but a direct transfer.

Port of Seattle Cruise Terminals

Seattle's new cruise terminal at Pier 91 is located at the north end of Seattle's waterfront, just 10 minutes from the city's retail core and famous Space Needle. Smith Cove is home to Carnival, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean International.

The Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal 66 anchors an 11-acre complex along Seattle’s downtown waterfront. This vibrant, multi-use property is home to Celebrity Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Line, which offer weekly sailings to Alaska.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/index.shtml#91

PortMap2009_Overview.jpg

Detailed Map for Princess, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and HAL

PortMap2009_Pier91.jpg

Detailed Pier 66

PortMap2009_Pier66.jpg

How far is the Seattle pier to Seattle airport & what is the best way to get there? The cruise offers airport to pier transfer at $40 a person. With 2 people, that is $80 for the transfer. Is there a better way to get there?

Two words: "Town Car"

We used these guys, they were great: http://www.royalcoachtowncars.com/

We used them round trip and got a discount making it the same rate as a taxi.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone have updated information about cruising from Seattle? The thread seems to be old...

Nothing has changed, except the prices.

There are still 2 piers (several miles apart) and you can use Shuttle Express, Seattle Express, limo service, taxis, Light Rail.

The West Coast Departure forum has more info. (look at the Seattle FAQ STICKY at the top of the page).

In June (2012) we used light rail (Seatac) from the airport to downtown, maybe $3.00 each. Then it's about a $15 cab ride to the "far away" pier that some ships use (91, Smith's Cove).

On the return we used the Town Car service, which I think was $40 plus a tip.

Archived