Bug Spray/Wipes?

jon462

I'm going on the aug 14th cruise soon (yay) just wondering what people thought of the bug issues (if any) and I had read mention of bug spray/wipes. Anyone care to recommend some that I could pick up here b4 heading to paradise?

Thanks!

Jon

I'm going on the aug 14th cruise soon (yay) just wondering what people thought of the bug issues (if any) and I had read mention of bug spray/wipes. Anyone care to recommend some that I could pick up here b4 heading to paradise?

Thanks!

Jon

Whatever you get, make sure it has a significant percentage of DEET or it will be worthless.

Thanks!

Jon

I didn't have any problems with bugs.Deet,unfortunately is the only thing will repel bugs,although it is my understanding that it may be harmful!Check with your doctor.

I also took the wipes (OFF) as they are easy to transport and don't count as a liquid. I didn't need them as much as I had anticipated, but I certainly did need them. I was eaten alive in about 3 minutes in the mountains of Moorea and was thrilled I could whip out my wipes and stop the feast. I actually needed to reapply once. I used them proactively on the Motu day and at the beach in Bora-Bora. I would take them if you think there is any chance you will do any of the mountain hikes or tours. Unless, you are one of those lucky folks that cause mosquitos to turn their noses in the air.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived