who has been on the pride or paradise

djenkins

We have sailed on the paradise last February. It was a fun cruise and we enjoyed it because it was all non-smoking. I think they have changed that now. We had a room with a window. Good sized room but in my opinion old loooking. We had good service lots of chair hogs at the pool. Always something to do. All in all we had a great cruise. We have sailed on Carnival, RCCL and Princess and have had a great time on all of the cruises. The cruise is what you make of it. It is my favorite way to vacation. I love it so much I have just booked on the Sapphire Princess for December. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the two ships have entirely different intineraries, don't they? I just got back from a cruise (my first) on the Paradise, 4 night to Baja. I believe the Pride departs out of San Diego and goes further south, doesn't it?

I wrote a cruise review from my cruise on the Paradise. It seemed small once I had gotten used to the ship, but it was good-sized for the time we were on it. It does show its age - a little tattered in some areas. However, it was very clean, the service staff were very friendly and helpful, and the cabin size was good-sized and bigger than I had expected. The food was okay, not terrific except for dinners in the dining room - those were great. Spent time on deck, but it was too cool for sunning and I felt it too cool for pool usage, but other passengers were in the pool and seemed to be having a good time.

Not else what I can tell you. You can read my review or just ask.

Parsdise is a 3 or 4 day cruise.

Pride is a 7 day.

They have different ports.

They both leave out of Long Beach.

Just off the Pride in January.

Ship is nice..only 3 years old.

Big rooms..nice staff..good food..lots of music

Mexican Ports. Warm weather.

I would choose the Pride..7 day cruise.

We cruised on the Paradise last March and loved it... of course we choose it for the non-smoking aspect which has now changed but I think if it were still docked in Fl I would go again. The staff were very friendly with the exception of our head waiter but everyone else went above and beyond.

need help never been on carnival before planning a trip in may 2005 tell me what you like about pride or paradise thank you.

We just returned from the Pride on January 30th and definitely enjoyed the trip. We were on the PRide's sister ship the Spirit and we enjoy the layout of that class of ship.. OUr week was not filled to capacity so we enjoyed not having large crowds on the ship

We just took the Paradise 3-day cruise in January. We had a great time. I thought the food was better than expected. My biggest shock was the bathroom. I had read many posts about the shower curtain sticking to you whenever you turn around. Our shower was huge! No way the curtain could stick to you. We had an oceanview room. I also had fun sitting "in" the window watching us come into port since we didn't have a balcony. The sill is about 8 inches deep.

The ship was very clean. I would not hesitate to go on the Paradise again with a different itinerary.

We have been on the Paradise 3 x, all when it was no-smoking and in Florida as a port. We also went on the Pride once...the Pride is a newer, exciting ship with many balconies...(we got upgraded to one and paid for an inside).

The Paradise is the older Fantasy Class style ship. Very easy to navigate and great for someone who has never cruised...not overwhelming at all, but certainly less glitzy, artistic, and fancy. The Paradise also had a great kids' program.

Both ships are terrific and a cruise is what you make of it. Also, the ports of call are important to some people...The Paradise is probably a lot less money and a great bargain, but the PRide will have more to offer...a bigger ship and longer cruise! Have fun, whatever you choose!

Marci

We were on the Paradise last March & loved the non-smoking aspect of the ship, which has since gone by the wayside. It truly made a huge difference in the cruise...more so than I expected. All our waitstaff & cabin stewards were so friendly & helpful...as on other ships, they work so hard & when you take a little time to know them &/or show an interest in them, they open up & sometime "soften up". We had a blast. A cruise is what you make it. You'll have fun on any ship.

Enjoy!

If you have the time, take the Pride. A four-day cruise just isn't enough! You just get comfortable and relax when you have to pack up and leave!

Also the Pride is a relatively new ship (3 years old) and the ship decor and amenities are great. Cabins are roomy. WE had an extended balcony cabin that was wonderful.

The spirit-class ships are beautifully designed. Go for the Pride. (WE also took the sister ship, the Spirit in November and throughly enjoyed it too.) The layout of these ships are very "friendly" to passengers.

I have never been on the Paradise but I was on the Pride in 03 and loved it. I thought the ship was beautiful, the staff was fun and nice and the food was good too. I would go on it again in a second if it was still on the east coast.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been on both and I prefer the Pride by far. Other than the fact that it is longer.. everything about the boat was amazing. The weather was alright when we went but it seemed like there was always so much happening on the boat. I had the absolute BEST time. If you have anything specific in mind that you'd like to know, feel free to ask! :)

I would have to say the Pride since we have been on her twice. We went out of Long Beach in April and that was a great cruise. We were on her when she was new and in Port Canaveral and she is still great, but I just got back from the Miracle in February and I have to say I love that ship! I really like the Spirit Class ships and being able to have a balcony! Whichever one you choose I know you'll have a ball.

I sailed on the Paradise when it was in Florida. To be an older ship it was clean as a whistle! The rooms are a little small, but who spends much time in their room anyway. If this is your first cruise you should take a 3 or 4 day instead of opting for the 7day. Some people are not meant for cruising. I have seen it to many times. I would rather be on the boat 3 days sick than 7. I hope you have a good time regardless of what ship you sail.

Cruisin in Nov. 05

Archived