Does size matter?

Parmstrong83

We are going to be taking the four day from long beach on Carnival Pride which i am massively excited about.

But I can’t help looking on the Carnival website at the bigger ships and feeling a bit envious! Is that wrong?

We have sailed the Legend (sister ship to the Pride in the Spirit Class)....it is a great ship. You will love it. Honestly, even a *little* ship is still a HUGE vessel!

We are going to be taking the four day from long beach on Carnival Pride which i am massively excited about.

But I can’t help looking on the Carnival website at the bigger ships and feeling a bit envious! Is that wrong?

Not really. Every cruise has its advantages and disadvantages. Last cruise I took was on Oasis, next is on Fascination. That is about as opposite as you can get.

I just love to cruise. Being on ANY ship is a thrill.

BTW I cruised on the Pride and it was one of my favorite cruises. Go and enjoy!

Personally, we have enjoyed our cruises the most on the smaller to medium sized ships. But it is personal preference for everyone (obviously). We watched people being herded on and off the Freedom of the Seas like cattle on St. Thomas and it didn't seem like fun to us. But...hey...whatever...:D

I should preface this by saying my wife and I both agree that our best cruise ever was on the Nordic Empress...and it was a tiny ship by today's standars. The Pride...by comparison...is a pretty large vessel with a lot of things to do.

I think that it's normal. I went through the same thing when I was preparing to book. I was thinking about doing a 4 or 5 day cruise. I was all set to book and then I said to myself "what if I like it and wished that I could stay longer?" So in the end I decided to book a 7 day cruise so that I could visit more places and have the vacation that I've never had before. Being that this cruise is going to be my first, I wanted to go all out to make it extremely memorable. I think that you should enjoy your cruise and next time go big once you see how it is. Good luck and happy sailings.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=MzShelle2U&date=8-29-2010&text=WE ARE OUT OF HERE!!! WOO HOO&ship=Carnival Legend

I must admit I've felt "ship envy" a time or two when we've berthed next to a flashier, newer, bigger ship but once we set sail again I appreciate whatever ship I'm on. Also when you get off the ship and look back up at it, even the "smaller ships" are HUGE.

for me, yes.

Smaller ships have less people standing in line for everything :) and can get into more ports without having to use tenders to get to shore (more lines to wait in)

First time on the Elation, I remember sitting on the Lido deck and looking down on an aircraft carrier which seemed tiny compared to our little cruise ship. The USS Miday.

Even the little cruise ships are enormous.

First time on the Elation, I remember sitting on the Lido deck and looking down on an aircraft carrier which seemed tiny compared to our little cruise ship. The USS Miday.

Even the little cruise ships are enormous.

Yep. I'm still awed when I come back and board even a "smaller ship" and look up at it. Massive!

Spirit class ships like the Pride have the most square feet per passenger than any other class of ship. Lots of people are loyalists.

I particularly like that secret lounge area at the front of deck 3 called Sunset Garden. It's unique to spirit class ships and highly underutilized.

You are on the best class ship in the fleet. Anything bigger is just that . . . tooooooooooo big. In fact IMO Pride is too big, but what do you do?

lol i think I was day dreaming about the bigger ship whilst writing the orginal post, I mean't the Paradise :-)

Ive been on the Paradise 5-6 times and love it! Great layout...easy to get around. Just big enough!

I haven't been on the Pride but have been on her sister ship the Miracle.......great ship plenty big and lots of room never feels crowded....you will love it i am sure!

Smaller is better. The larger ships just seem to have more cabins and people and everyone is crowded into the same spaces like decks and promenades.

Ecstasy is our favorite!

The Ecstasy was our first CCL cruise back in 2001 so she has a special place in my heart. :) Great ship!

I too am worried about this! Been hooked on Carnival Liberty....now cruising Carnival Fantasy in fall.

Have no fear Lauren the Fantasy is my 2nd favorite ship to the Miracle....and that was even before it got drydocked and all the goodies added....you will love the Fantasy...its better then the Liberty which i was on last year!

Archived