Chagall Museum from Villefranche

tontok

Hello all,

I am considering going to the Chagall Museum in Nice. We are tendering into Villefranche. Can I walk from Villefranche to the Museum? If not, how should I get to the Museum.

I believe that I may be doing this alone as no one wants to see the museum as they prefer to be on the beach. Is this area safe for a single female to wander about?

Thanks

Marina

I guess you could walk from Villefranche if you had a couple of days. Otherwise, we would suggest you take the local bus (bus #100 works) or the train from Villefranche to Nice. Once you are in Nice it is quite a hike from bus or train station (but doable) to the museum or you could elect to grab a taxi or transfer to a different local bus (we are not sure which bus # gets you the closest).

Hank

The museum is breathtaking - I went a couple of years ago. I also am docking in Villefrache and am thinking of the Matisse museum if I have time after going to Eze. I am traveling solo and I think its doable. Just watch your bag. I took a local bus to the museum ..it was a little confusing, but people speak English in Nice. Look up the website for the museum and it may tell you what buses to take. Enjoy its fabulous!

Archived