D/D+ December Event AGAIN!!!!

Oh well. I'm on the Dec. 5th Brilliance, so I don't get an extra credit.:rolleyes:

Why not? If they are going to "recognize and pamper our Diamond and Diamond Plus members across our entire fleet of 22 ships with our annual December Diamond Celebration" why wouldn't you get the extra credit?

"Diamond and Diamond Plus members will also receive one extra cruise credit when sailing on the month of December. Now is the perfect time to reserve your December cruise vacation. Don’t miss the celebration".

Why not? If they are going to "recognize and pamper our Diamond and Diamond Plus members across our entire fleet of 22 ships with our annual December Diamond Celebration" why wouldn't you get the extra credit?

"Diamond and Diamond Plus members will also receive one extra cruise credit when sailing on the month of December. Now is the perfect time to reserve your December cruise vacation. Don’t miss the celebration".

copied from the flyer:

For Reservations or Information, Please Contact Your Professional Travel Agent:

TERMS & CONDITIONS: Diamond & Diamond Plus December Events are limited to the Diamond and/or Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor member named in this invitation. December recognition activities are applicable to any ship departing on or at sea by December 1-31, 2010; are to on or at sea by 1-exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010. A valid Crown & Anchor membership number must be provided within reservation before embarkation day to be considered for all Diamonds in December activities. Rewards may vary by sailing and are subject to change without notice. Offer is non-transferable ©2010 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: The Bahamas. Brilliance of the Seas® is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd. Subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. 10020238 • 8/5/2010

so I'm guessing it would be a no to your sailing, BUT it does not list Vision, only Brilliance and Jewel. it wold be worth a call to C&A desk

If this flyer is to be trusted, that's the reason.

that is great news. all the more reason to call and ask!!! maybe by them not listing Vision as an exception, that means it is accepted!!

Thanks for the responses. I'm hopeful now. I was already excited about the cruise and now it should be even better. I'm looking forward to my email. I'll be D+ after my Sept. cruises!

If this flyer is to be trusted, that's the reason.

actually I read it (but who am I??) that you WOULD get it, that it starts on the Brilliance with YOUR sailing. BUT again :confused:. off to do yard work.:D

I think what it is saying is that anyone on a cruise that starts in December gets the benefits.

Also anyone that sails on a cruise IN December also gets the benefits.

For example, one that departs November 30 will get the benefits since they are on a ship in December.

I am hoping the exception is the November 22 eleven night Jewel, and the November 23 twelve night cruises actually end in December, but they wouldn't get the benefits.

It sounds like the benefits would start on the next cruises (i.e. 12/3 Jewel and 12/5 Brilliance)

Since we are supposed to be on the Jewel 12/3 sailing, I am talking to C&A now for clarification.

I think what it is saying is that anyone on a cruise that starts in December gets the benefits.

Also anyone that sails on a cruise IN December also gets the benefits.

For example, one that departs November 30 will get the benefits since they are on a ship in December.

I am hoping the exception is the November 22 eleven night Jewel, and the November 23 twelve night cruises actually end in December, but they wouldn't get the benefits.

It sounds like the benefits would start on the next cruises (i.e. 12/3 Jewel and 12/5 Brilliance)

Since we are supposed to be on the Jewel 12/3 sailing, I am talking to C&A now for clarification.

You honestly think that you are going to get clarification from a phone call to C&A that is dependable/reliable/true?:p

You honestly think that you are going to get clarification from a phone call to C&A that is dependable/reliable/true?:p

So true! LOL!

Let's try best two out of three maybe?

Where is your faith in either me or RCI.

According to highly, well ok usually, ok occasionally, ok sometimes reliable sources, 12/3 Jewel and 12/5 Brilliance cruises do qualify for all the December benefits listed.

The Jewel cruise that ends on 12/3 and the Brilliance cruise that ends on 12/5 do not qualify.

Someone else should live chat the desk and post the results for a second opinion.

According to highly, well ok usually, ok occasionally, ok sometimes reliable sources, 12/3 Jewel and 12/5 Brilliance cruises do qualify for all the December benefits listed.

The Jewel cruise that ends on 12/3 and the Brilliance cruise that ends on 12/5 do not qualify.

Someone else should live chat the desk and post the results for a second opinion.

I have complete faith in you...C&A, not so much...lol

OK. I've read this more then once. C&A know nothing, guest relations know nothing weather it be on ship or via phone. Who do you call? Ghostbusters[sorry could not resist thst one]

But seriously. Folks new to cruising, new to the diamond status and just simply-folks with questions have any outlet for answers?? Does anyone know anything at all about the company they work for to call and get the correct answer.??

If anyone one of us gave wrong information over the phone to customers in our own jobs-would we not have been fired or been the boss been the one to fire said employee??? Yes, before you say anything-at least given a warning first before the loss of a job.

So

To ask the question again-

who can you call to get a dependable-reliable-and true answer to a question?:(

OK. I've read this more then once. C&A know nothing, guest relations know nothing weather it be on ship or via phone. Who do you call? Ghostbusters[sorry could not resist thst one]

But seriously. Folks new to cruising, new to the diamond status and just simply-folks with questions have any outlet for answers?? Does anyone know anything at all about the company they work for to call and get the correct answer.??

If anyone one of us gave wrong information over the phone to customers in our own jobs-would we not have been fired or been the boss been the one to fire said employee??? Yes, before you say anything-at least given a warning first before the loss of a job.

So

That IS the question, isn't it. Unfortunately, all too often the answers received here are more reliable than from C&A.

I have complete faith in you.:D And what they told you is exactly how I interpreted the wording.

If all ships departed on December 1, you'd have one major traffic jam!:p

They did this same thing to us last November when we cruised on Radiance out of San Diego. Our cruise began on November 30th and ended on December 11 and we were not eligible for the event.:(

So

Actually, I got to talk with a C&A D+ supervisor the other day for over an hour discussing some of the inconsistent information given. Also some of the poor wording on releases, and usability and friendliness of their website.

They asked a lot of questions, and I gave a lot of suggestions. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

I have complete faith in you.:D And what they told you is exactly how I interpreted the wording.

If all ships departed on December 1, you'd have one major traffic jam!:p

They did this same thing to us last November when we cruised on Radiance out of San Diego. Our cruise began on November 30th and ended on December 11 and we were not eligible for the event.:(

This year a cruise leaving in November, that includes days in December is supposed to get the benefits. Except for the 11/22 Jewel and the 11/23 Brilliance that both end these cruises in December.

There are a lot of ships sailing at the end of November that should qualify.

This year a cruise leaving in November, that includes days in December is supposed to get the benefits. Except for the 11/22 Jewel and the 11/23 Brilliance that both end these cruises in December.

There are a lot of ships sailing at the end of November that should qualify.

Sounds like they received many complaints from folks that were screwed last year.

when WAS it supposed to be? I haven't followed it.

Allure's inaugural was initially set for the December 12th sailing. However, she'll be done earlier than expected, so they added another sailing on December 5th that's supposed to be the inaugural. When the added yet another sailing (4 night Labadee) on December 1st, they specifically said that the 7 night December 5th sailing was still the "inaugural" sailing. We booked the December 5th sailing when we got the e-mail from Royal saying that the inaugural had been moved up to that date. If we had known that the 4 night December 1st was the true inaugural, then we might have considered booking that one, as well, and doing a B2B. But, right now, the prices for that sailing are just way too high and there's really no way we could afford it. I'm going to be very ticked off if Royal went and changed the inaugural without telling any of its loyal customers!!:mad:

Allure's inaugural was initially set for the December 12th sailing. However, she'll be done earlier than expected, so they added another sailing on December 5th that's supposed to be the inaugural. When the added yet another sailing (4 night Labadee) on December 1st, they specifically said that the 7 night December 5th sailing was still the "inaugural" sailing. We booked the December 5th sailing when we got the e-mail from Royal saying that the inaugural had been moved up to that date. If we had known that the 4 night December 1st was the true inaugural, then we might have considered booking that one, as well, and doing a B2B. But, right now, the prices for that sailing are just way too high and there's really no way we could afford it. I'm going to be very ticked off if Royal went and changed the inaugural without telling any of its loyal customers!!:mad:

Inugural basically means first.

The Dec 1st sailing will be the Inugural sailing to Labadee

The Dec 5th Sailing will be the Inugral sailing on a 7 day cruise

Inugural basically means first.

The Dec 1st sailing will be the Inugural sailing to Labadee

The Dec 5th Sailing will be the Inugral sailing on a 7 day cruise

Originally the December 5th sailing was billed by Royal as the "inaugural" sailing, while the December 1st sailing was to be the first revenue sailing, but not quite as "special" as the inaugural. I and many others booked the December 5th sailing for the "inaugural" experience, i.e. special events, mementos, etc. I'd be quite disappointed if they changed the official inaugural to December 1st without having told anyone. If that's the case, I'd rather save some money and book Allure or Oasis after they've been around awhile and just stick with Freedom or Liberty in the spring after the nursery installation. Much cheaper!:eek:

copied from the flyer:

For Reservations or Information, Please Contact Your Professional Travel Agent:

TERMS & CONDITIONS: Diamond & Diamond Plus December Events are limited to the Diamond and/or Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor member named in this invitation. December recognition activities are applicable to any ship departing on or at sea by December 1-31, 2010; are to on or at sea by 1-exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010.

The key words here seem to be "departing on or at sea by December 1-31"

So if you depart say, 30 November and are at sea until 13 December - you are at sea during the qualifying period and should get the extra credit?

Not sure why they would disqualify the Dec 3 JOS and Dec 5 BOS though - seems a bit unfair!

Sue

The key words here seem to be "departing on or at sea by December 1-31"

So if you depart say, 30 November and are at sea until 13 December - you are at sea during the qualifying period and should get the extra credit?

Not sure why they would disqualify the Dec 3 JOS and Dec 5 BOS though - seems a bit unfair!

Sue

According to the C&A D+ desk, they are not disqualifying the 12/3 and 12/5 cruises.

That is when those cruises qualify.

The 11/22 and 11/23 cruises on these two ships, even though they end on 12/3 and 12/5, and do indeed sail "in" December, don't qualify.

Clear as mud, right?:confused:

Archived