ipad on Crystal Cruises

aldrin

aldrin:

take a look at the Crystal board. There is a long thread on this very subject

6rugrats:

Crystal has blocked (it might or might no still be doing so) iPads for technical reasons. I have a rant on this subject in the thread mentioned above.

I have been very involved on this item, and we actually have two threads on the Crystal board.

Here is the link to one of them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242575

The short answer is right now you cannot use the iPad for internet access/e mail on the Serenity. There is not a definititive time for the resolution.

Keith

You know Keith, I have a very difficult time understanding this business with Crystal. Every other line has had no problem accommodating the iPhone, iTouch and now the iPad, except Crystal. It makes no sense unless Crystal has some sort of silly system. When I cruise on Symphony last November, I could not use my iPhone for internet nor could I use the iTouch for anything having to do with internet or email using wifi. But on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and HAL cruises I've been on, there's been no problem whatsoever. I read your post on the Crystal board, but it still makes no sense. If ships 4 times larger than Crystal can handle the bandwidth, why can't Crystal's?

so are you saying even if I sync with I tunes and use the update patch(not sure what that is) I still won't be able to use the ipad on the Crystal Serenity

No, you won't be able to use your iPad for internet or wifi options.

so are you saying even if I sync with I tunes and use the update patch(not sure what that is) I still won't be able to use the ipad on the Crystal Serenity

Sorry I didn't respond sooner although I did respond last evening when I saw your post on the Crystal Board.

As Kitty9 correctly noted, right now it is not avalable on the ship. I will post on the Crystal board as I learn more.

Keith

Archived