Laptops

CBussey64

Okay I have never seen this ? asked, so I'm asking ... where do you all store your laptops when you're out and about to keep them safe? I know they don't fit in the safe and I want to bring mine to upload pix, but not at risk of having it stolen. Thanks.

I cruised on the Conquest last January and didn't have any problems/issues with it at all. Just stayed on my desk in the room for the whole trip and nothing bothered it at all.

As for why I brought it, there were a number of reasons, such as photo downloads, Flip downloads, recharging devices, watching movies, listening to music, etc.

I'd love to see Carnival move to larger model safes on their next refurbishments/upgrades of the ships, but I didn't feel that my laptop was at any risk during the entire voyage.

We took ours last year when we sailed on the Valor simply to upload photos..... When we were out of our cabin, we left ours on the table. We did password lock it but no one bothered it. We are planning to take it again when we sail on the Glory in December :D

Okay I have never seen this ? asked, so I'm asking ... where do you all store your laptops when you're out and about to keep them safe? I know they don't fit in the safe and I want to bring mine to upload pix, but not at risk of having it stolen. Thanks.

Mine stays on the table or the desk, out in the open.

We leave both ours right out in the open on the desk areas , we just pick up and organize and the stewards just go around them , and sometimes even arrange them better . Never a problem .

One other thing ,one of our stewards asked about music since we had it going allthe time , I told him alot of what I had on it -over 10000 songs - he in a roundabout way asked if I'd ever burned a disc .

I told him yes , and went ahead and told him bring a disc or two up and I'd be happy to burn him whatever he wished .

He brought up 8 disc's ,, LOL , you can get alot of songs on a DVD-rw disc . He got most of my Library , took 2 days off and on . but he was happy . He gave us two brand new Carnival Beach Towels , fair trade I think .

Brought it on 2 of my cruises and never had a problem. I usually leave it out on the desk. Last time we had 2 Macs that sat out charging. We do though keep a password on them to keep anyone trying to use them when we are out an about. Also we do keep small electronics locked in the safe.

I put mine away in a drawer.....just to get it out of sight when it is not in use.......I am not concerned about the rom steward........I am more concerned obout an open door and other passengers.

My upcoming cruise will be the first time I take my laptop with me so it's good to know that so many of you are comfortable taking yours and have not had any problems leaving them in the cabin. Still worries me to leave it out, but we'll see. I can always lock it in my suitcase, like some mentioned. Great info, thanks.

I usually leave mine on the desk or in a drawer, but did find that it would fit in the safe since it's a netbook. I've never had it disturbed, but I don't believe I'll be taking it on my next trip. Not because of the ship, but the 3 day Amtrak ride to NY, 4 nights in a hotel in NY, and having less to lug around, it will be easier to use Carnival's computer on this trip.

Archived