Why a change of Captain on the Dream

Yes, it is normal for captains to have 3-4 months at sea and then the ships alternative captain takes over. According to a Captain, they don't get paid when they are ashore! Captain Olbrich will probably be in charge until the Dream has her refit and then it may be Captain Dearham again, or it might not.

ps does anyone know who the current captain of the Celebration is?

I don't believe it is. Perhaps the original captain couldn't put up with the smell any longer :rolleyes:? I'm sure the replacement is just as good.

Perhaps if the smell lingers they might bring in Captain Pongwash,:rolleyes: but I'm sure all will be well.

The current captain is a German captain- cant remember his name sorry- he is a hoot with his announcements! But if he is responsible for the Mahan cancellation I will not like him- havent seen him yet actually- didnt go to the first Captains Cocktail- will go to this second one though now that I have a tan! for the photographs you understand(vain I know!)

Yes, it is normal for captains to have 3-4 months at sea and then the ships alternative captain takes over. According to a Captain, they don't get paid when they are ashore! Captain Olbrich will probably be in charge until the Dream has her refit and then it may be Captain Dearham again, or it might not.

ps does anyone know who the current captain of the Celebration is?

Captain John is the current one, done about 2 months onboard so far.

When we were on Celebration in late April/early May it was the Polish captain - the one who makes very funny speeches.

He was with us in Feb, but told us that he would be having paternity leave in March.

Jo.

I think Captain Dearham was in charge on the Celebration last year. He had some good stories to tell. Anyome know what happened to Captain Alan Leach? He was another good story teller.

Alan Leach - I know he is no longer with Thomson and from memory I do not think he is working cruise lines any more

Archived