Enchantment question?

I have had 5 cruises on RCI, 3 on Explorer out of Bayonne , 1 on Mariner and 1 on Soverign. We like RCI but I do not like the terminal in Bayonne. In fact we had a "fender bender' trying to get out of there once. We live in South Jersey and tried Carnival out of Baltimore last fall. The cruise was OK but we like RCI better. We are considering sailing on Enchantment out of Baltimore this coming May for our anniversary.

My concern is that I read some reviews on these boards from Enchantment where they said the food and entertainment were poor. In fact one person said people were walking out of the theatre and the shows were empty. We usually go to all the shows and enjoy the dining room.

My question is how are the food and entertainment on Enchantment compared to Explorer? I thought the shows on Explorer were pretty good and the food was fine. I know it's all subjective. I just want to make sure that Enchantment is not below the level of the other RCI ships we have sailed on. I appreciate your help.

I have had 5 cruises on RCI, 3 on Explorer out of Bayonne , 1 on Mariner and 1 on Soverign. We like RCI but I do not like the terminal in Bayonne. In fact we had a "fender bender' trying to get out of there once. We live in South Jersey and tried Carnival out of Baltimore last fall. The cruise was OK but we like RCI better. We are considering sailing on Enchantment out of Baltimore this coming May for our anniversary.

My concern is that I read some reviews on these boards from Enchantment where they said the food and entertainment were poor. In fact one person said people were walking out of the theatre and the shows were empty. We usually go to all the shows and enjoy the dining room.

My question is how are the food and entertainment on Enchantment compared to Explorer? I thought the shows on Explorer were pretty good and the food was fine. I know it's all subjective. I just want to make sure that Enchantment is not below the level of the other RCI ships we have sailed on. I appreciate your help.

:cool: I am booked on Enchantment for May 28th, 2011. I have sailed on her once before and had a great time. Entertainment is a hit or miss on ships, but never bad. Food - while maybe not a good as it was years ago is still good. In my opinion it does not vary from ship to ship. Try Chops one night for a special meal. Just not second night - on 5 day-formal night. Baltimore port is quick and easy to get in and out. On left past harbor tunnel. Take lst exit on right after going thru. Book it and enjoy it:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN:cool:

My experience on Enchantment was just the opposite.

In fact, if you did not get to the show early, it was tough to find a seat. The theater fills up quick.

The food was great on my cruise. In fact, I remember thinking the Prime Rib on night 1 was the best I have had.

Go for it. Enchantment is a great ship.

Enchantment is a beautiful ship, and my husband's and my favorite! Lots of windows, great Solarium, great crew. In fact, we have sailed on her several times. We have also sailed on Explorer (our first cruise) and Sovereign, and will try Navigator and Majesty in November.

Last summer we went on a back to back on Enchantment, and we never got tired of it. The aft balconies, especially the corner, are just fabulous! Hope you like it!

Thank you all for the help. I feel much better about sailing on Enchantment. :):):) It seems like a great ship. I will be booking today for April 30, 2011. I have to get it right since it's our 40th anniversary.

I am another Enchantment lover. We just sailed out of Baltimore in July, and are sailing on the Enchantment again next June. We ate dinner in the MDR 8 out of 9 nights, and had great service and food. Entertainment was enjoyable. Happy sails :)

I just got off the enchantment on saturday. The food was not bad. Nothing to write home about but I really didn't mind it. The entertainment was hit or miss. There were 3 shows that people were walking out on left and right. I do remember better entertainment from my first cruise.

I really like the ship though

I think that you will enjoy the Enchantment..................but you are not really blaming Royal Caribbean, New Jersey, Bayonne or Cape Liberty for your fender-bender, are you?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm blaming the Cape liberty Terminal. It's a nightmare. I've sailed out of there 3 times and it's very disorganized. You can you arrive late to avoid the people coming off the ship but you can't control when you leave the ship. If you drive your own car to baggage pick-up they direct you into an a very tight open space on a 45 degree angle. You have to back out on your own into a congested area which is pretty blind and nowbody is going to give you a break, since it is Jersey. The person next to me was trying to do this and was looking backwards when his fender put a dent in my side. I was parked. It really wasn't his fault. Unless they change that terminal I will not be eager to go back again. The current terminal is an old Army depot. I had heard that they were going to build a new terminal but I guess they put all their money into bigger ships. So yeah, I blame RCI, Jersey and Cape liberty terminal for my dent.

I had heard that they were going to build a new terminal but I guess they put all their money into bigger ships. So yeah, I blame RCI, Jersey and Cape liberty terminal for my dent.

I was with you right up until this.

I'm blaming the Cape liberty Terminal. It's a nightmare. I've sailed out of there 3 times and it's very disorganized. You can you arrive late to avoid the people coming off the ship but you can't control when you leave the ship. If you drive your own car to baggage pick-up they direct you into an a very tight open space on a 45 degree angle. You have to back out on your own into a congested area which is pretty blind and nowbody is going to give you a break, since it is Jersey. The person next to me was trying to do this and was looking backwards when his fender put a dent in my side. I was parked. It really wasn't his fault. Unless they change that terminal I will not be eager to go back again. The current terminal is an old Army depot. I had heard that they were going to build a new terminal but I guess they put all their money into bigger ships. So yeah, I blame RCI, Jersey and Cape liberty terminal for my dent.

That is what we said the first time leaving Bayonne. The ship was late docking and it was murder leaving. My dh said never again and i thought of all the cruises we would miss. But then we found out that there is a bus in NJ sent by RCL, just for their cruisers. Most times we take the bus and leave the driving to the bus driver. He picks up is in Burlington, NJ not sure where you live. You can call RCL to get the info.

Aquahound,

You are right. It was really the fault of the other guy backing out. I do wish RCI would do something to make the traffic problems at that terminal better. When I sailed out of Baltimore last year they seem to have a better system for getting you in and out. They don't necessarily need a new terminalin Bayonne. I do like Exlorer and that class larger of ship. I also sailed out of Port Canaveral a few times and that terminal is excellent.

I'm not really taking a shot at NJ drivers. I've lived at the Jersey Shore for 62 years and this summer has been terrible for traffic. Especially, the Parkway down here with the construction. Just venting. I see NY, NJ and PA drivers every day and they all drive the same.

Thanks for the advice with Enchantment. We are happy to be back with RCI. I still think they are the best.

CruisinMommas,

Thanks for the tip on the bus. I will look into it for the future. I live in Ocean Counry. I'll see what they have here. The other altrernative is a limo but they are expensive from down here to Bayonne.

Flatiron

My wife and I sailed on the Enchantment twice and loved it both times. The staff on most of the ships changed about every 6 months, so you can't exactly blaim the ship if the food or shows stink. More than likely it is that Crew.

On a side note, it also depends on what kind of vacationer you are. In my experience there are 2 kinds: Those who plan to have a good time no matter what and those who will let any little inconvenience ruin their whole vacation.

As ling as your are the 1st, it is unlikely you will not have a good trip.

Archived