Overland By Train To Moscow

bhealy

Has anyone been on this tour or has plans to do this tour? If so please let me know what you thought of the tour and how much it cost.

I am wondering if this is a better option than what RCCL and Celebrity offer.

Overland By Train To Moscow

Experience Helsinki on a narrated city drive that takes in the major landmarks and includes free time for shopping at Market Square. Board your overnight train for the journey to Moscow. Tour the Kremlin, explore Red Square and take a cruise on the Moskva River.

This is a Princess excursion? If so, I'm confused: where would you rejoin the ship, in St. Petersburg? By rail again or by air? Bear in mind that it's a long train trip -- I'd guess at least 12 hours, probably more (it's about 8 hours by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow and Helsinki is half-again the distance). So how much time do you actually have in Moscow? Not that I'd ever discourage anyone from seeing Moscow, one of my favourite cities, but that tour doesn't sound like you'll see much for all that travel: the Kremlin is in Red Square, of course, but also on the Square you'll want time to go inside St. Basil's and wander through GUM, even visit Lenin if you're there on a day when he's receiving (the tomb isn't open every day). Does the Kremlin tour include the armory, which is a must-see? While the river cruise is fun if the weather is good and if you have a good guide, I'd rather be spending the time seeing things on land if it's my first visit there. I could go on and on but I'll stop now . . . !!

Which cruise is this offered on? and (if I may) what is the cost?

I just did a quick search on the Princess site, and it seems if there are enough folk for the tour, it could be for any of the ships that call at Helsinki first and then carry on for the 2 day stay in St Petersburg.

There is so much to see in St Petersburg.

It sounds like an interesting tour if you would like to see Moscow rather than St. Petersburg. There are lots of places to see in both cities.

But I would like to know when you are planning to do this. I hope not in the next two months considering the situation with the forest fires and smog in Central Russia.

I am planning on going next May. I have not been able to get any additional info on this tour. Going to Moscow is a must for us. We are going to go on Celebrity instead. They offer a day tour of Moscow by plane.

Archived