Which port is easier to from the airport, Genoa or Civitavecchia?

t_nix

We are trying to decide on our med cruise next Feb and were wondering which port is easier to get to from the airport. Since neither of us have been to Europe we are a bit nervous about getting to our destinations on time. Due to my husbands school schedule we will not have the extra days to stay before or after the cruise. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Genoa is much closer to its port than Civitavecchia is to Rome's Fiumicino airport (8 miles to Genoa, vs. 40 miles to Civitavecchia).

However, you won't be able to get a direct flight into Genoa, so you need to weigh the risk of flight delays/missed connection vs. the longer trip to and from the airport and port.

For me, I'd rather have a direct flight and a longer commute, vs. a connecting flight with a shorter commute.

Do you best to fly in the day before the cruise. There is too much risk to fly in the day of the cruise should your flight be cancelled or delayed.

I agree with what euro cruiser mentioned about flights and proximity to the ports.

Keith

Archived