Sommeliers in Blu for Bottle Selections

FinelyCruising

I have been fortunate to have enjoyed some terrific staff in the MDR on Celebrity ships and in Select Dining as well. We will be dining in Blu and enjoy the assistance, and quite frankly the fanfare that a great Sommelier can bring to the table.

I have read mostly about the beverage packages and the Sommeliers in Blu being attentive for glasses of wine and fills, but from all those who like me enjoy bottle wine selections with dinner, and especially for those who predate the packages...how 'good' are the Sommeliers in this venue?

Thanks!:)

I have been fortunate to have enjoyed some terrific staff in the MDR on Celebrity ships and in Select Dining as well. We will be dining in Blu and enjoy the assistance, and quite frankly the fanfare that a great Sommelier can bring to the table.

I have read mostly about the beverage packages and the Sommeliers in Blu being attentive for glasses of wine and fills, but from all those who like me enjoy bottle wine selections with dinner, and especially for those who predate the packages...how 'good' are the Sommeliers in this venue?

Thanks!:)

I am wondering this too. I will also be going on AQ. Which cruise will you be doing? I am going this Sunday to western c.

Through this forum I "found" a source for wine lists for all dining venues on the Eclipse. Beyondships has posted a detailed description about everything Eclipse, including menus and wine lists -

http://www.beyondships.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-Profile.html

I don't know if what he/she posted is still valid, but the page certainly provides lots of information.

Sam

Sommeliers on celebrity have not gone through any training outside of what Celbrity has provided for them (for the most part) So if you are really geeky about wine and expect the level of knowledge you would find in a Michelin starred restaurant you can forget about that. For example on our last celbrity cruise on the wine list was a Pouilly Fuisse and it was put under the Rhone section, I told a couple of Sommeliers that it should be in Burgundy and they disagreed with me.

However, they are all wonderful people, that provide great attentive service and are thrilled when you order wine by the bottle.

B.

I did not notice any difference in the quality of the sommelier in Blu or the MDR on the Solstice. You do not necessarily need to limit yourself to the wine list in the Blu. I ordered a bottle from the Tuscan wine list that I enjoyed earlier in the week.

Hey Cheryl, we had one of the BEST Sommelier's in Blu on Equinox in Feb, he was very knowledgeable & always attentive with good selections offered.

Lynn thanks for your comments! I am really looking forward to this.

I did not notice any difference in the quality of the sommelier in Blu or the MDR on the Solstice. You do not necessarily need to limit yourself to the wine list in the Blu. I ordered a bottle from the Tuscan wine list that I enjoyed earlier in the week.

This is good news, there are at least two selections that are not on the Blu Wine list that are on TG's that I would enjoy. Thanks for letting me know!

Archived