Ins and Outs of early saver OBC

SailingGrace

I've searched but came up with tons of posts but no clear answer to my question-

I passed up a 'price drop' because I didn't see it as a price drop. Although I asked my PVP about it, he didn't say I could get the OBC...but I didn't send in the form so he wasn't obligated to tell me so.

If my category price doesn't change, yet they do upgrades... can that be actionable for early saver? For instance, I have 4G at 500 bucks. If they run a promo for 4F at the regular 450 but is upgraded to 4G (the 4G is still 500 but is upgraded to 4H) ...is this something to file a claim form for?

If so, do you have to change rooms?

While I'm not seeing my 'price' go down, lower categories are able to purchase my category for a lower price because they can purchase a 4E or 4F at 100 bucks cheaper but be upgraded to my 4G....or is this how Carnival gets around not having to give early saver OBC?

In your scenario, you could either take the $50.00 difference (4f upgrade to your 4g - you get the 4f price difference) or take the 4h upgrade (your 4g upgrade to 4h for the same price). I hope this help, been a while since I've put in for a ES claim. I must book soon!! :)

In your scenario, you could either take the $50.00 difference (4f upgrade to your 4g - you get the 4f price difference) or take the 4h upgrade (your 4g upgrade to 4h for the same price). I hope this help, been a while since I've put in for a ES claim. I must book soon!! :)

If the fare for your Category drops, you can get the price drop. If the fare for a category above yours drops below your fare, you can get the difference in fare and upgrade to the higher Category -technically you HAVE to take the upgrade (room change) to get the price difference, but a few have reported being able to get the price drop only. Same applies to an included upgrade, such as the one you describe. ken

On my May Legend cruise, I was booked 8f, there was a time that all categories lower (8a - 8g) upgraded to an 8h for a lower price than what I paid for my 8f. (I think those were the category letters, been a little while). I was able to get the 8a pricing without upgrading to the 8h. Not sure if that is what you mean by a higher category dropping below your current category or not. I know the scenarios can get confusing, but the best thing to do is put in for the OBC, see what happens, worse thing they can do is say no.

On my May Legend cruise, I was booked 8f, there was a time that all categories lower (8a - 8g) upgraded to an 8h for a lower price than what I paid for my 8f. (I think those were the category letters, been a little while). I was able to get the 8a pricing without upgrading to the 8h. Not sure if that is what you mean by a higher category dropping below your current category or not. I know the scenarios can get confusing, but the best thing to do is put in for the OBC, see what happens, worse thing they can do is say no.

Sometimes this works. There was a thread where the 8F was sold out, but there was a upgrade to a higher category, and they wouldnt give it to the OP because his category was already sold out and he was refusing to change cabins. He wanted to stay near his friends.

OP put in for it. You do it yourself. I would claim the lowest price that upgraded to your category.

You are correct, once your booked category sells out, you are no longer elgible for the ES OBC, unless you can upgrade, but I haven't checked into that as I wasn't interested in upgrades.

I can somewhat understand Carnivals position on that, but I would be very disappointed (OK - mad) if I was turned down due to my category being sold out yet a lower category costs less and upgrades to a higher category.

Archived