Dining in Anchorage????

JohnR49er

The Mining Company is OK, their fritters are just excellent. :) But it caters to large groups, busing in hundreds. :) Service may be rushed in that case. I most always eat there every trip, with a stop at the store across the street. I have to say my last two trips to Gwinnies were several notches down from my previous. I understand they changed ownership?? Now Gwin's at Cooper Center is always a must do too. :)

Most fish and seafood(what's that?) is exported out,alot to Japan ,like oranges in Florida. I really miss a few restaurants from the lower 48.Can someone please come open up a Red Lobster,Olive Garden, Perkins or Taco John's??? Now I'm hungry!

There used to be Perkins and Taco John's on Benson Blvd in Anc. (Friend's kid learned that "John" has several meanings, hence it became "Taco Toilet" to him.)

Simon & Seafort has decent seafood and views in Anchorage; can't speak to the wallet question. However Glacier Lady is right - sometimes the last place to find decent fish/seafood is Alaska - all sent off to Seattle or Japan. Salmon in season is the exception.

Archived