JetBlue incident - Ever 'blow up' at other passengers/staff?

Submariner

[quote name='Aknot']Yup Im also hearing the airlines can not find anyone to back up what he claims...

Looks like the "Hero" is not much of one.[/quote]

Thank goodness the hero worship of him is winding down and he's being held accountable for his ridiculous behavior.

I worked in a fast food place and had a disrespectful young customer throw a burger at me one time because they said it wasn't made right. I yelled at them to get the Expletive out of my restaurant at the top of my lungs in front of a whole dining room full of upper middle class families. I knew I was fired, I just knew I was, I took a 15 minute cool down and then went out and apologized to the folks in the dining room and noone ever called in a complaint.

[quote name='sixgun8']I worked in a fast food place and had a disrespectful young customer throw a burger at me one time because they said it wasn't made right. I yelled at them to get the Expletive out of my restaurant at the top of my lungs in front of a whole dining room full of upper middle class families. I knew I was fired, I just knew I was, I took a 15 minute cool down and then went out and apologized to the folks in the dining room and noone ever called in a complaint.[/quote]

That one was Ok..unless you had a pistol packer young customer.

So was my sister's the maids, taking a Brewski form the kids with the contraband at a posh race camp and leaving a "chuckle note about the state of their room and we needed tip" ; a public one I Ok'd was Phil Donahe in an airport giving "the what have you" in defense of Marlo Thomas being threatened...to me there was restraint enough in this extreme venting and a one time difference in the venues..and if it is the one and only time..second chance's allowed..but not when this guy had an enclosed plane of people and his experience of great satisfying protocol options. I needed both threads to sort out thoughts due to extreme empathy with steward...and pet peeves I have in travel with poor treatment.

Now that we have had so many high school mass shootings and stuff..Nope anger management and fine ; and not being allowed to do a spin money making deal on the incident..that woud be good..as much compassion I have for him in he__ of public service and it's insanity.

[quote name='sjn911']That one was Ok..unless you had a pistol packer young customer.

So was my sister's the maids, taking a Brewski form the kids with the contraband at a posh race camp and leaving a "chuckle note about the state of their room and we needed tip" ; a public one I Ok'd was Phil Donahe in an airport giving "the what have you" in defense of Marlo Thomas being threatened...to me there was restraint enough in this extreme venting and a one time difference in the venues..and if it is the one and only time..second chance's allowed..but not when this guy had an enclosed plane of people and his experience of great satisfying protocol options. I needed both threads to sort out thoughts due to extreme empathy with steward...and pet peeves I have in travel with poor treatment.

Now that we have had so many high school mass shootings and stuff..Nope anger management and fine ; and not being allowed to do a spin money making deal on the incident..that woud be good..as much compassion I have for him in he__ of public service and it's insanity.[/quote]

chute was launched... dangerous as a gun.... reckless behavior... needs to be punished... steven slater.... not a hero.

[quote name='carsastic']I agree this guy is unstable
Flight attendants have come a long way from servers to an important cog in pax safety
Pulling a chute to leave a jet cause he couldn't take a bad pax is an unstable move
You must be able to deal with rude people in that posistion[/quote]

Actually, the original airline stewardesses were all registered nurses. The airlines only added the food service later. These employees started out as an important cog in pax safety, then they became waitresses and waiters, now they've become safety monitors and luggage handlers.

If more service workers refused to put up with rude, ill-bred customers, public behavior might improve.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I've seen first hand how nasty, cruel and mean customers can be to us hired help.

However, having seen his smirky, self satisfied, "I'm a celebrity" demeanor on TV ad nauseum I'm inclined to think that he always thought that someday he would do something BIG like that.

Now that some passengers are reporting he had a cut on his forehead when they boarded you have to wonder about his story on that end for sure. Other passengers stated that he was incredibly rude the whole flight and some heard an altercation but didn't see what happened between him and the passenger.

I'd say he's had his 15 minutes of fame and needs to start looking for a job.

I agree this guy is unstable

Flight attendants have come a long way from servers to an important cog in pax safety

Pulling a chute to leave a jet cause he couldn't take a bad pax is an unstable move

You must be able to deal with rude people in that posistion

I hope that he checked that it was clear before he deployed the slide. :eek:

If more service workers refused to put up with rude, ill-bred customers, public behavior might improve.

Or they'll be replaced by someone who has a more pleasant temperament and actually wants the job. Every time one of the airlines runs an ad here for flight attendants they get a huge turn out. Mr. Slater and anyone who chooses to behave like him will easily be replaced.

Archived