JetBlue incident - Ever 'blow up' at other passengers/staff?

Submariner

I think she's going to be ok too. Especially considering she's an actress and the whole thing was a hoax. :rolleyes:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/11/elyse-porterfield/

Seriously?! That's a bummer to know! I had my template all planned out for my departure! LOL

Well...that's kind of cool, tho, she's gotten the attention!

I've been a flight attendant for 25 years. Mr Slater is a hero. He did what a lot of us have only dreamed of doing or say that's what we would like to do on our last day. The passenger that started the problem should be heavily fined too.

Work in a hospital....Many Many people come in are elderly and/or ill, and they need a lil more TLC consider it done!. But what abt the ones that come in with attitudes, for drugs, DIRTY!, stinky, buggy etc... The ones on welfare that can barely walk in the door but after they see the doctor they skip out of the hospital!!! On the way in they were sooooooooo sick they had to be pushed in a wheel chair and WE have to change their cloth cause their too ill to take their BRA off (if they even wore one) ...

But when leaving the hospital Whaa Laaaa...there off to Walmart!!!

Can you tell Im waiting for vacation!!!

I dont think the airline employee was right, but somedays!!!

I've been a flight attendant for 25 years. Mr Slater is a hero. He did what a lot of us have only dreamed of doing or say that's what we would like to do on our last day. The passenger that started the problem should be heavily fined too.

A hero? :rolleyes:

If people hate their jobs that much they should find a new one instead of acting like a fool. I can't believe how many people are justifying his ridiculous actions. Then again, I can believe it.

If people hate their jobs that much they should find a new one instead of acting like a fool. I can't believe how many people are justifying his ridiculous actions. Then again, I can believe it.

O.O

We agree on something... The world will never be the same!

Again what would have been wrong with just walking out the door as soon as the plane opened its doors....

Grabbing your work stuff and just leaving.

Had to grab the mic and drop the F bomb over the PA system, deploy the chute and steal a beer!... how he got out of the airport is a mystery to me. You would think security would have been all over him after the chute.....

It's the same people who are shocked at the behavior of people yet stand there and say nothing. A world of enablers who have no one to blame but themselves.

omg now I'm late for spin class

It's the same people who are shocked at the behavior of people yet stand there and say nothing. A world of enablers who have no one to blame but themselves.

omg now I'm late for spin class

Scary thing about that is the way people are today unless what is happening is life threatening or could really hurt someone I would not intervene.

I might mention something to a person of authority however to say and or do something now adays is only asking for trouble.

Hello,

On a legend cruise in 2007 i was standing in line, with a tray on the little bars in front of me. The lady to my left, which is behind me kept bumping her tray into mine and my fingers. Finally after about 10 times i mentioned to her the line wouldn't move any faster by her doing that and that i would like to save my fingers for a few more years.

She got all nasty with me and yanked her husband out of line and went to another line. I kinda laughed. I could then see her talking to her husband and looking at me, something like 5-6 times. After getting my food i went to them and mentioned their beavior was rude and i could read her lips as to what she was saying about me. She fumed even more.....LOSER !!!

I don't know.....I am looking at this in two ways.

1. I can't imagine the stressors associated with that job, especially since 9/11, but the poster who's been a flight attendant can. So I tend to believe that someone can absolutely just snap like that, especially if did have something that just pushed him to "his" breaking point.

2. Something just seems fishy about this. Does anyone think he really snapped, or do you think he had this planned out, say....Balloon Boy style, to get the media attention and a possible reality show?

Scary thing about that is the way people are today unless what is happening is life threatening or could really hurt someone I would not intervene.

I might mention something to a person of authority however to say and or do something now adays is only asking for trouble.

It depends on the situation how I would handle it. If I had been on that flight I would have reached out to the flight attendant and asked him if he was ok and tried to support him after the initial encounter with the rude passenger. But as bad as the passenger treated him and as much as I understand his anger and frustration, he simply did not react appropriately. Instead of having the passenger arrested he acted like an idiot. Luckily no one was hurt by his actions but rather than calling this guy a hero I'd be more concerned with getting him some mental health help and support because he's not in control. And if others are fantasizing about doing something similar you need to get some help yourselves or remove yourself from a job that puts you under so much stress that you could lose control too. A temporary snap like that could have ended differently if someone had been killed. He might have spent the rest of his life in jail instead of being a facebook star. I'm glad for his sake it didn't have tragic consequences.

[quote name='chickie_mite']I don't know.....I am looking at this in two ways.

1. I can't imagine the stressors associated with that job, especially since 9/11, but the poster who's been a flight attendant can. So I tend to believe that someone can absolutely just snap like that, especially if did have something that just pushed him to "his" breaking point.

2. Something just seems fishy about this. Does anyone think he really snapped, or do you think he had this planned out, say....Balloon Boy style, to get the media attention and a possible reality show?[/quote]

1. Then they need to be screened as they are a danger being in the air like that.

2. He absolutely had it planned out looking for a payday.

IMNHO

:mad:[quote name='Skywench']I've been a flight attendant for 25 years. Mr Slater is a hero. He did what a lot of us have only dreamed of doing or say that's what we would like to do on our last day. The passenger that started the problem should be heavily fined too.[/quote]
A hero? Thats crazy..The man had no regard for the safety of the people on the aircraft or on the ground. If someone was killed or injered on the ground by the slide, would he still be a hero?

No one was hurt, but i am sure the passengers on the departing flight on their way to a cruise, business or any other trip would not call him a hero..

We all have things that happen to us that make us want to act out. But most of us control these urges.

2. Something just seems fishy about this. Does anyone think he really snapped, or do you think he had this planned out, say....Balloon Boy style, to get the media attention and a possible reality show?[/quote]

I think what paulandfran is getting at is he should not be lauded as a "hero". We all have breaking points and when they are reached should have the ability to walk away or take it out on a punching bag.

That is what a hero would do.

Not take it out on a plane full of people. Which is what he did when he popped the chute and spewed the F words over the PA.

Have you seen the contusion on his head? I don't think he planned to have a bag land on his head.

[quote name='nytraveller53']I 100% support that flight attendant. I see this stuff go on on airplanes almost every time I fly, and if I were the flight attendant, I would do the same :eek:[/quote] Should have thrown the passenger out instead of himself:cool:

If you were on your way to your cruise and were told that your flight was cancelled due to this. I am sure you would not say this man was a hero....Over 100 passengers on the plane and 100 waiting for their flight. There is no way to justify his actions.

[quote name='nytraveller53']I 100% support that flight attendant. I see this stuff go on on airplanes almost every time I fly, and if I were the flight attendant, I would do the same :eek:[/quote]

What the flight attendant did was allow the aggressor (the rude passenger who wouldn't follow directions) to get away with their inappropriate aggressive behavior and instead the ones who were punished and inconvenienced were those who had to witness the hissy fit and those who had their travel arrangements disrupted because a plane was taken out of service by deploying the chute.

How can you support that?

[quote name='paulandfran']What the flight attendant did was allow the aggressor (the rude passenger who wouldn't follow directions) to get away with their inappropriate aggressive behavior and instead the ones who were punished and inconvenienced were those who had to witness the hissy fit and those who had their travel arrangements disrupted because a plane was taken out of service by deploying the chute.

How can you support that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with federal regulations (white knuckle flyer here!!), but couldn't that passenger have been charged with something for disobeying the orders of the flight attendant?

(BTW--I like your pregnancy clock signature! :) Does the tummy get bigger over time?)

Archived