Princess cruise Personalizer Question?

BoPippy

On Princess cruise personalizer there is an area to place independent air travel information so they know when u arrive and depart for transfers to and from ship.Has anyone ever filled this out and got messages where it says"conYour flight information has been processed and we have found conflicts"The only reason i think it says this is because we r staying overnight before cruise and the dates don't match for the day the cruise leaves and the day we arrive.:confused:so technically when u fill in flight day to ship for transfer,it actually is day before to transfer to hotel which is not an option.

On Princess cruise personalizer there is an area to place independent air travel information so they know when u arrive and depart for transfers to and from ship.Has anyone ever filled this out and got messages where it says"conYour flight information has been processed and we have found conflicts"The only reason i think it says this is because we r staying overnight before cruise and the dates don't match for the day the cruise leaves and the day we arrive.:confused:so technically when u fill in flight day to ship for transfer,it actually is day before to transfer to hotel which is not an option.

I have had the same experience and now just ignore the message or don't fill in the information at all.

We are also arriving a day early however the personalizer had no problem with our flight info

The personalizer has no problems with our arriving flight but our departing flight is not acceptable to them. I think maybe because I am putting in St Louis and we are going to Orlando or something like that first and then on to St Louis. Have to try it that way and see what happens.

We are also arriving a day early however the personalizer had no problem with our flight info

Yes same and not had this problem. However, we did not book Princess transfers and I suspect that is what is causing the OP's problem? Maybe I'm not understanding the scenario?

If you have a Princess transfer booked I *believe* they are only offered on embarkation day from the airport to the pier. This is unless you have booked the Princess pre-cruise hotel/transfer package.

We are flying in the night before our cruise begins. No Princess transfers purchased. No conflict, until American changed our flight information on the 1st half of our trip to the ship and 1st hald of our trip from the ship. Princess new our orig flights had been cancelled/changed and was requesting the updated info. Once I edited it all was fine. The Personalizer knew all this before we did. Amazing.

I was having trouble since it is our first time flying with connecting flights. Couldn't get everything approved. So I called Princess and since we are arriving a day early with no transfers they said no problem! Erased it all and 1 less thing to worry about.

Yes. I was able to include my return flight home but not my arriving flight. After carefully checking to make sure I entered in all the right information, it turns out the Princess website is converting my date from 2011 to 2010. Therefore, saying they can't process because the flight does not exist. Frustrating! I've left it blank and have provided my info to my TA to handle for me.

It could also be if you have a connection flight. For example, I'm flying from LAX through JFK then through LHR on to Rome. I put down my originating flight leaving from LAX and got the "conflict" message. Once I put in that I was only flying from London to Rome it was fine. Same going home, Rome to JFK to LAX. I had to put Rome to New York and it worked.

Glad to hear that I am not the only one that had/having this problem. I was flying in a day earlier than the cruise and it said there "was a conflict". My TA called Princess and it seems that their system has some sort of glitch that does not detect the "date" and thinks that you are flying in on the same day as embarkation thus making it a "conflict"!

After my TA called, it stayed that way until the day we left!

I departed from Venice two days after and had no problem with the personalizer.

• 1 month later...

We have a cruise tour starting in Budapest next May. After visiting Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Berlin we take a ferry from Rostock to Copenhagen to join the ship. The air information has come back as wrong ever since I entered it. Our transfers are included in the the tour price but we did our air using frequent flyer miles. I am ignoring the conflict information on the personalizer.

The personalizer has no problems with our arriving flight but our departing flight is not acceptable to them. I think maybe because I am putting in St Louis and we are going to Orlando or something like that first and then on to St Louis. Have to try it that way and see what happens.

This is what happened to me. When I called the agent at Princess, she said she had to put it in as different segments.:)

It could also be if you have a connection flight. For example, I'm flying from LAX through JFK then through LHR on to Rome. I put down my originating flight leaving from LAX and got the "conflict" message. Once I put in that I was only flying from London to Rome it was fine. Same going home, Rome to JFK to LAX. I had to put Rome to New York and it worked.

Same with us flying from Spokane. We have to put in the flight that arrives in FLL and then the flight for our first leg when departing FLL.

I have the same problem as another poster - it makes my departing flight happening in January 2010, not 2011. We're flying in a day early and didn't sign up for transfers, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Flying into FLL the day before had no problems. Flying back had no problems when I used the flight from FLL to DAL, the connecting hub. The tool only cares about the last flight to/from your port.

If it flags something check the dates and whether your flight is within their arrival/departure guidelines.

"same for us...we had to list the connecting city as the destination...otherwise it had a "conflict"...."

Apparently the Princess system recognizes that your first homeward flight does not travel to your your final destination, therefore the destination is invalid ..... hence the resulting :"conflict".

I encountered the same thing, till I figured that out.

"same for us...we had to list the connecting city as the destination...otherwise it had a "conflict"...."

Apparently the Princess system recognizes that your first homeward flight does not travel to your your final destination, therefore the destination is invalid ..... hence the resulting :"conflict".

I encountered the same thing, till I figured that out.

Just curious, did you confirm this with Princess?

Bob

Archived