Damonds - Did you get your Diamond Celebration invitation?

I finally found the wording on the RCI site. I was using Firefox. I went to IE, cleared the cache there, and the site refreshed with the extra credit wording showing.

Finally this morning Firefox started behaving and it shows there also. But now all my Tuesday sale links are not working on Firefox. Go figure.

I also have it on Firefox. this link to sales works for me http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I also have it on Firefox. this link to sales works for me http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I can load that page in IE, but not Firefox.

It opens a PDF file page, then at the bottom of a blank page, it has "done" in the status bar.

Still working on it.

Finally got it working again on Firefox.

I noticed one of the sales is for the Majesty.

The sale starts on 8/17/2010 (OK, 8/16 for the 6.5 million special C&A members) ... one of the Majesty cruise dates is 8/20/2010.

Lets see, courtesy hold Tuesday evening, pay for it Wednesday evening, sail Friday morning.

This is even inside the 72 hour window on old reservations.

Maybe everything will just go on Special pricing sales and eliminate the whole price drop discussion/confusion/issue.:mad:

Oh well, cleaned up (deleted) my Windows IE cache, cookies and temp files and still get the older C&A Society page. Believe y'all when you say there's a new one, I just can't get it to show. I'll keep working on it.

On the C&A page, are you clicking on the blue Diamond Celebration banner, or the link below that in latest news for more information?

I guess we are the only ones who really appreciated the extra gifts :eek:

We received:

C&A pens, not the cheap plastic ones

Diamond pins to wear (which are still in the bag, lol)

Extra Bingo tickets

Discount on laundry

RCCL Magnet which is displayed on our dryer like the rest of our magnets :p

Special offers on future cruises

Amenities on formal nights

Invitation to dine with the captain (declined as we had reservations in Chops)

We are pleased that Diamonds will be once again celebrated in December.

###

We totally agree!!

Iam looking atyour sail date, very tempting! :)

Special offers benefit!:D[/color]INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW?????

Any info appreciated...thanks

The special offer was for an increased Balcony discount or a larger OBC for OV or inside cabin. We booked a balcony on Allure and received $300 off instead of the usual $200. We also booked IOS on one of their "qualifying" dates. They gave us a list of qualified sailings once we boarded the ship last December.

I would suggest signing up for an appointment with the LA the first or second day as the appointment times really fill up fast and you may not get one. In case you can't get an appointment, they offer a form that you can fill out if you know what ship, sailing date etc. that you want, then all you have to do is hand it into their "box" in the LA area and they will book it without you needing an appointment.

Of course, meeting with the LA is always the best way IMO to do it as you can see what cabins are available at that time so you don't have to depend on where the cabin is depending on what you specified on the form for the cabin type.

I'm with you EVALUATOR. I still do not see any mention of the extra cruise credit(s) on the C&A Society page(s). However, and this is very important, yesterday DW called D+ desk and they now have an e-mail that says to tell all callers with questions about this issue that we will get an extra cruise credit for December sailings. She read it to us outloud and verbatum and it is worded exactly as in the TA flyer. We have four Radiance cruises booked in Dec. (all insides) so we asked her if we would get 8 credits for these 4 cruises and she said YES!!! Still don't know why they are not promoting this on their web site or in the mailers sent out to peoples' homes.

From the C&A section...........

December Diamond Celebration

During December, our Diamond and Diamond Plus members will be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew. In addition, they will receive an extra cruise credit, special commemorative gifts and exclusive offers on future sailings. If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, now is the perfect time to reserve a cruise vacation for December. Below you can find a wide variety of our December sailings. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard.

From the C&A section...........

December Diamond Celebration

During December, our Diamond and Diamond Plus members will be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew. In addition, they will receive an extra cruise credit, special commemorative gifts and exclusive offers on future sailings. If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, now is the perfect time to reserve a cruise vacation for December. Below you can find a wide variety of our December sailings. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard.

It didn't have that extra line when the program was first announced. Those lines were added later. Some web browsers were bringing up the old page and not the new one. If you can get your cache cleared, then the new page, with the additional wording on it, should show up. Finally got mine straightened out.

I still haven't received the invite via snail mail or e-mail.

On a similar note,

Savings certificates are viewable on line. I also received a snail mail mailing of these savings certificates in the mail.

The expiration date for the on line ones is September 30, 2010.

The expiration date for the snail mail ones is October 31, 2010.

So don't chuck the snail mail one in the trash. It is good for an extra month.

We got the invitation earlier this week. It's killing me that we cannot cruise in December due to DH prior commitments. Oh well! We'll cruise in January

Same here, I feel your pain!:D We did a B2B last year in December with no extra cruise credits, now they offer it this year and we can't cruise! What luck I have:(, of course I am kind of kidding, the other happy side of it is that my partner now has a great job after being unemployed for 9 months, so I would rather have him working and not be able to cruise than have him unemployed and being able to cruise.;)

Mark

On the C&A page, are you clicking on the blue Diamond Celebration banner, or the link below that in latest news for more information?

That did it! Didn't know the blue banner was a hot spot. Kept trying all the other links but never noticed the cursor changed from an arrow the the pointing finger when over the blue banner. Thanks.

We were on a B2B on Brilliance last Christmas. 22 days I think it was. First leg we received two rubbish pins and ONE pen between two. Second leg - 2 pens only.

That was it:rolleyes:

The 'special offers' for cruises were very, very few and none interested us. They were just the usual ones they reduce anyway.

The 'one pen between two' did give us a laugh though.

I guess we are the only ones who really appreciated the extra gifts :eek:

We received:

C&A pens, not the cheap plastic ones

Diamond pins to wear (which are still in the bag, lol)

Extra Bingo tickets

Discount on laundry

RCCL Magnet which is displayed on our dryer like the rest of our magnets :p

Special offers on future cruises

Amenities on formal nights

Invitation to dine with the captain (declined as we had reservations in Chops)

We are pleased that Diamonds will be once again celebrated in December.

###

Amenities on formal nights? Does that mean there were no toilets available to regular guests on formal nights?

I'm with you EVALUATOR. I still do not see any mention of the extra cruise credit(s) on the C&A Society page(s). However, and this is very important, yesterday DW called D+ desk and they now have an e-mail that says to tell all callers with questions about this issue that we will get an extra cruise credit for December sailings. She read it to us outloud and verbatum and it is worded exactly as in the TA flyer. We have four Radiance cruises booked in Dec. (all insides) so we asked her if we would get 8 credits for these 4 cruises and she said YES!!! Still don't know why they are not promoting this on their web site or in the mailers sent out to peoples' homes.

I don't understand this (extra credit). A lot of the diamonds will get bumped to Diamond +. This will again cause the Concierge lounge to be overflowing with people. We are also taking advantage of this offer. We will be doing B2B2B sailings on the Navigator this will give us 6 credits. Bumping us to D+ for our TA in May. We always went to the overflow lounge in the Viking lounge as you couldn"t move in the concierge lounge. We were on the Rhapsody OTS last Dec for the Christmas and New Years cruise to Australia and New Zealand. We got a lot of goodies.

This might have been because it was the Christmas and New Year's cruise

Pen (deluxe type as shown earlier)

Fancy key chain Flashlight with extra batteries

Beach Bags (wife loves these, hopes to get a couple on the Dec cruise)

Bridge tour

Backstage tour

Dinner with captain (albeit a staff captain and the environmental officer)

Free laundry (1 time)

and maybe some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

I don't understand this (extra credit). A lot of the diamonds will get bumped to Diamond +. This will again cause the Concierge lounge to be overflowing with people. We are also taking advantage of this offer. We will be doing B2B2B sailings on the Navigator this will give us 6 credits. Bumping us to D+ for our TA in May. We always went to the overflow lounge in the Viking lounge as you couldn"t move in the concierge lounge. We were on the Rhapsody OTS last Dec for the Christmas and New Years cruise to Australia and New Zealand. We got a lot of goodies.

This might have been because it was the Christmas and New Year's cruise

Pen (deluxe type as shown earlier)

Fancy key chain Flashlight with extra batteries

Beach Bags (wife loves these, hopes to get a couple on the Dec cruise)

Bridge tour

Backstage tour

Dinner with captain (albeit a staff captain and the environmental officer)

Free laundry (1 time)

and maybe some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

You are so right RCL is its own worst enemy. They need to change the tier levels or ban D+ from concierge lounge.

You are so right RCL is its own worst enemy. They need to change the tier levels or ban D+ from concierge lounge.

I think that is what they are getting ready to do. This is a way for those close to D+ to get to D+ B4 they change the rules. Than again this might be a way to fill the ships in an off peak time. Who knows.

I think that is what they are getting ready to do. This is a way for those close to D+ to get to D+ B4 they change the rules. Than again this might be a way to fill the ships in an off peak time. Who knows.

RCCL's financial year ends Dec.31. RCI may be using this opportunity to improve revenue, occupancy %, etc for their annual report.

However, like Efinut, I also think this is a prelude to some changes to their Benefits Program. We will be going from 39 credits today to 50 on Dec. 24 just in case. We cruise a lot in fall and winter anyway, we just had to change from a 14 day =X= cruise in Dec. to the B2Bs on Radiance when they announced the Diamonds In December extra cruise credit. We have noticed a steady increase in prices on the December cruises since the flyer was sent out to TAs. Lots of rooms are still available on the December Radiance sailings as of today.

Archived