Damonds - Did you get your Diamond Celebration invitation?

Just received ours today and, of course, we have a TA booked in November so can't book another December cruise. :( Any idea what "you will be recognized and pampered and receive special commemorative gifts" entails? In case you haven't yet received, Diamond and Diamond Plus members need to book a cruise for travel December 1-31 to receive these wonderful perks!

Got ours today but we are cruising in October and December usually a time where we are too committed to other things to cruise.

Looking forward to hearing about what the pampering from those who do sail this Dec.

Just received ours today and, of course, we have a TA booked in November so can't book another December cruise. :( Any idea what "you will be recognized and pampered and receive special commemorative gifts" entails? In case you haven't yet received, Diamond and Diamond Plus members need to book a cruise for travel December 1-31 to receive these wonderful perks!

During last year's "Diamonds in December" celebration, those cruising on the Oasis inaurgural got an extra cruise credit. Hoping that is the case for Allure inaugural as well! :)

Got ours Monday...already booked for the November 28th Explorer...not sure if it qualifies...although we cruise until the December10th.

I believe when they did this last year the cruise had to depart on December 1 or later, meaning yours wouldn't have counted. Not 100% sure though.

edit: just looked at my invitation and it says "....applicable to any ship departing on or at sea by December 1-31, 2010; exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010."

I guess we are the only ones who really appreciated the extra gifts :eek:

We received:

C&A pens, not the cheap plastic ones

Diamond pins to wear (which are still in the bag, lol)

Extra Bingo tickets

Discount on laundry

RCCL Magnet which is displayed on our dryer like the rest of our magnets :p

Special offers on future cruises

Amenities on formal nights

Invitation to dine with the captain (declined as we had reservations in Chops)

We are pleased that Diamonds will be once again celebrated in December.

###

Are you talking about this pen, pin, and magnet.

If so, I don't think the white one is a magnet. It is a lapel pin also.

IMGP3983.jpg

I got 2 of the 3. The IOS ran out of the pins last Dec gave me a letter saying they would send one. I'm still waiting! The white one is a magnet.

We received:

C&A pens, not the cheap plastic ones Yes, as already mentioned.

Diamond pins to wear (which are still in the bag, lol) Yes, as already mentioned.

Extra Bingo tickets Nope.

Discount on laundry Just the usual coupon book.

RCCL Magnet which is displayed on our dryer like the rest of our magnets :p Yes, as already mentioned.

Special offers on future cruises Yes. Booked and about to use. :D

Amenities on formal nights Nothing beyond what we usually get on formal nights.

Invitation to dine with the captain (declined as we had reservations in Chops) Nope.

###

In addition to my comments in read, I am always open to feeling appreciation, when some gives me something appreciable. :)

I got 2 of the 3. The IOS ran out of the pins last Dec gave me a letter saying they would send one. I'm still waiting! The white one is a magnet.

The white one has a magnetic strip on it. But it is for wearing as a lapel pin. The back separates for wearing on something you don't want to put holes in like the double studded one on the left.

I didn't get a refrigerator magnet.:(

We received:

C&A pens, not the cheap plastic ones

Diamond pins to wear (which are still in the bag, lol)

Extra Bingo tickets

Discount on laundry

RCCL Magnet which is displayed on our dryer like the rest of our magnets :p

Special offers on future cruises

Amenities on formal nights

Invitation to dine with the captain (declined as we had reservations in Chops)

###

I want to be your friend!!

Seriously, it sounds like you might be more "spot on" than others on this thread. I had a friend that cruised last December, and more or less described what you are saying.

The only thing that everyone should not look forward to...is dining with the Captain, unless he puts together something special in one of the alternative dining rooms. We have had that experience twice......but it's been a few years ago.

And the best experience was not a December madness......but a special put together by the LA on the Monarch.......that only invited Cruise Critics, and a very few friends........and every table had an officer....from the Captain down.

Now.....that is something that RCCL should consider again. I realize that we are a small group, but many read this webpage, and sometimes I think that we should be honored by more than just a Meet & Mingle!:rolleyes:

Rick

Got ours Monday...already booked for the November 28th Explorer...not sure if it qualifies...although we cruise until the December10th.

Originally Posted by shand32783 View Post

Here is part of the conversation:

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Shane: [13:18] Actually yes if you have time... I know that there is a Diamond Event in December and if you cruise in Dec you can earn an additional cruise credit according to travel agent flyer... Do I qualify for this since I'll be cruising in December, although I depart late November? Thanks

Deleated Name: [13:18] Let me check, I believe so.

[13:19] Yes, your sailing, the Explorer of the Seas, November 28, 2010, is the first sailing for the Explorer for the Diamonds in December promotion.

Shane: [13:20] And so even though I'm already booked, I'll still get an extra credit? so 4 total I guess? 2 for 12 nights, 1 for a suite and 1 for the Diamond event?

Deleated name: [13:21] That's correct, you should receive four credits total. There is no booking window to go by, you just have to sail in December.

Shane: [13:22] Great, Thanks

Deleated name: [13:22] My pleasure, anything else Shane?

Shane: [13:24] Nope.

In addition to my comments in read, I am always open to feeling appreciation, when some gives me something appreciable. :)

Sorry Carol, I just mentioned what we received, I didn't realize that I could not repeat items...

You said they were cheap metal pens and I disagree.

Yes, we received free Bingo cards every time we played and yes we did get a discount on laundry services.

###

Originally Posted by shand32783 View Post

Here is part of the conversation:

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Shane: [13:18] Actually yes if you have time... I know that there is a Diamond Event in December and if you cruise in Dec you can earn an additional cruise credit according to travel agent flyer... Do I qualify for this since I'll be cruising in December, although I depart late November? Thanks

Deleated Name: [13:18] Let me check, I believe so.

[13:19] Yes, your sailing, the Explorer of the Seas, November 28, 2010, is the first sailing for the Explorer for the Diamonds in December promotion.

Shane: [13:20] And so even though I'm already booked, I'll still get an extra credit? so 4 total I guess? 2 for 12 nights, 1 for a suite and 1 for the Diamond event?

Deleated name: [13:21] That's correct, you should receive four credits total. There is no booking window to go by, you just have to sail in December.

Shane: [13:22] Great, Thanks

Deleated name: [13:22] My pleasure, anything else Shane?

Shane: [13:24] Nope.

My only question..........did it really take 4 minutes for that conversation??

Or was some deleted?

I read it in less than 30 seconds.:D

Oh, by the way........if you are over 12 nights....in a JS or above, and they are offering the extra credit........you are right on with 4 CC.!:)

Rick

My only question..........did it really take 4 minutes for that conversation??

Or was some deleted?

I read it in less than 30 seconds.:D

Oh, by the way........if you are over 12 nights....in a JS or above, and they are offering the extra credit........you are right on with 4 CC.!:)

Rick

Hi Rick :D

They stated that it was only a part of their conversation.

###

Archived