Is it ok to share a beverage package?

Mr. Luckytoo

Is it acceptable to share a beverage package?  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to share a beverage package?

• It is never ok, it's theft
    • It's not right but sharing a drink a few times is ok
    • Its ok because I don't drink that much everyday
    • I know it's probably not ok but I'll probably share with my spouse
    • It's ok because Celebrity makes enough money
    • I never reall thought about it

2. It allows people to evaluate what their moral stances are or if they have any moral stances for that matter

Isn't questionning whether someone has "any moral stances" or belabouring them because their "moral stance" is a degree or 2 different from yours, a form of name calling/insulting?

If you came face to face with me and told me I had no morals, I would find that somewhat insulting.

If she takes a sip and likes it and says she would like one for herself I would go to the bar and PURCHASE that drink for her. If I were to use my beverage package and get another drink for my wife then in my mind that is stealing.

Mr. Lucky;) (I wonder if you are old enough to remember Mr Lucky with the eyewink...)

If she takes a sip and likes it and says she would like one for herself I would go to the bar and PURCHASE that drink for her. If I were to use my beverage package and get another drink for my wife then in my mind that is stealing.

Why I can't get to a good place with any of the dialog on either this thread or the other one is a result of definition...Thanking you for this example to assist me to that end, the example to me suggests the obtainer is committing FRAUD and not THEFT. (and for those who don't get it, the caps are for emphasis and are not shouting:rolleyes:)

I might go and start my own new poll now about FRAUD with that idea in mind...Just Kidding, there is enough with just the two.:D

Edited by FinelyCruising

I was actually just going to start a new poll myself to create something to entertain me at work tomorrow - I may just do it! I'm curious about where people draw the line between acceptable and non-acceptable sharing.

Mr. Lucky;)

But stealing is stealing! Whether it is 50 cents or $50,000 or part of that drink or the whole drink. There is no situational drf'n here according to you and many posters on the other thread. If she takes a drink of your beverage purchased from the "package" she has committed theft according to many of you on this thread and the other thread.

You can't have it both ways...that is hypocisy....yes/no?

But stealing is stealing! Whether it is 50 cents or $50,000 or part of that drink or the whole drink. There is no situational drf'n here according to you and many posters on the other thread. If she takes a drink of your beverage purchased from the "package" she has committed theft according to many of you on this thread and the other thread.

You can't have it both ways...that is hypocisy....yes/no?

What? You are coming in late and saying what?

I am suggesting the whole idea of theft is off the mark and that its actually fraud.

What? You are coming in late and saying what?

I am suggesting the whole idea of theft is off the mark and that its actually fraud.

I am simply trying to make sense of this whole thing...late or not. No one in their right mind is going to refuse their partner a sip of their drink if asked for.......but that goes against the black/white stealing is wrong in every circumstance and situation. The amount is a moot point...blah blah blah. Common sense and reasoning checked out of this topic 3 days ago.

And it isn't fraud either. It is giving a thirsty person a drink to tide them over until they get one of their own. There is nothing fraudulent or criminal in either situation...it is just life happening in real time...not on a blog.

Edited by maxi1966

I was actually just going to start a new poll myself to create something to entertain me at work tomorrow - I may just do it! I'm curious about where people draw the line between acceptable and non-acceptable sharing.

So, isn't that "stealing" from your company? :rolleyes:

I am simply trying to make sense of this whole thing...late or not. I had 2 responses similar to the ones I posted removed/erased from the other thread 2 days in a row because IMO there was no repsonse to the logic I used so the posts were taken down....aka there was no antithesis because the situation is based in real life circumstance, not words on a blog. No one in their right mind is going to refuse their partner a sip of their drink if asked for.......but that goes against the black/white stealing is wrong in every circumstance and situation. The amount is a moot point...blah blah blah. Common sense and reasoning checked out of this topic 3 days ago.

If you had post removed I didn't see the original ones I don't think but I am just a reader... but like so many here, unless you agree with their particular point of view, they will hit the triangle and ask for your post to be removed cause they don't like you/and what you say. Kind of like the yellow triangle snitch. Countdown to elimination to begin....

So, isn't that "stealing" from your company? :rolleyes:

Heh - it would be if I had actual work to do. My current job requires me to sit there and wait for the phone to ring - what I do to entertain myself when the phone isn't ringing is my business! :)

Heh - it would be if I had actual work to do. My current job requires me to sit there and wait for the phone to ring - what I do to entertain myself when the phone isn't ringing is my business! :)

It's getting that way for my staff also. Luckily, I usually have something to do. Can't imagine spending 8 hours waiting ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Mary Lou

Isn't questionning whether someone has "any moral stances" or belabouring them because their "moral stance" is a degree or 2 different from yours, a form of name calling/insulting?

Maxi, I was by no means name calling/insulting. Please look at the definition of morality vs. immorality:

Morality (from the Latin moralities "manner, character, proper behavior") is a sense of behavioral conduct that differentiates intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good (or right) and bad (or wrong). A moral code is a system of morality (for example, according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. Immorality is the active opposition to morality, while amorality is a passive indifference toward morality.

If you came face to face with me and told me I had no morals, I would find that somewhat insulting.

I wouldn't say something like that to anyone's face - please re-read my original post.

Maxi, I was by no means name calling/insulting. Please look at the definition of morality vs. immorality:

Morality (from the Latin moralities "manner, character, proper behavior") is a sense of behavioral conduct that differentiates intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good (or right) and bad (or wrong). A moral code is a system of morality (for example, according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. Immorality is the active opposition to morality, while amorality is a passive indifference toward morality.

I wouldn't say something like that to anyone's face - please re-read my original post.

I certainly do not need a lesson in comprehension. You post remains crystal clear to me (good versus bad....moral stance versus no moral stance). Great effort on damage control and spin.....just unconvincing.

I certainly do not need a lesson in comprehension. You post remains crystal clear to me (good versus bad....moral stance versus no moral stance). Great effort on damage control and spin.....just unconvincing.

Originally Posted by Mr. Luckytoo viewpost.gif

2. It allows people to evaluate what their moral stances are or if they have any moral stances for that matter

What I was/am saying is that a discussion like this allows a person some information about self-reflection. At no time have I advocated that by reading this thread it allows someone to make judgements on others. How a person comes to the conclusion that following (or not complying) =X='s rules regarding unlimited alcoholic drink passages can help someone determine where their moral compass is; or if they have a moral compass in the first place.

For example some people follow certain laws based upon the consequences of their actions, i.e., if I steal and I get caught this will happen. These people make their decisions based on risk/benefit analysis and there is no moral clauses.

Other people may look at the same exact situation and base their decision solely based upon their moral beliefs about right vs. wrong irregardless of consequences (laws) but based upon their eternal consequences.

Edited by Mr. Luckytoo

Ok, by a show of hands, how many people feel that it's ok for a person to share a beverage package?

Wow! A really simple question that required a yes or no answer, and people have gone into attack mode.:confused: Too bad so many will argue their opinion to death and to what end?

Originally Posted by Mr. Luckytoo viewpost.gif

What I was/am saying is that a discussion like this allows a person some information about self-reflection. At no time have I advocated that by reading this thread it allows someone to make judgements on others. How a person comes to the conclusion that following (or not complying) =X='s rules regarding unlimited alcoholic drink passages can help someone determine where their moral compass is; or if they have a moral compass in the first place.

For example some people follow certain laws based upon the consequences of their actions, i.e., if I steal and I get caught this will happen. These people make their decisions based on risk/benefit analysis and there is no moral clauses.

Other people may look at the same exact situation and base their decision solely based upon their moral beliefs about right vs. wrong irregardless of consequences (laws) but based upon their eternal consequences.

Lucky......there is no way you can spin this so please stop trying to undo or redefine what you have written. This whole thread, and the other 2 for that matter, is full of people making judgements about others (you included).

If it was OK then Celebrity would be selling it for a couple, not individuals. If you decide to purchase a beverage package (I did for my upcoming Solstice) then follow the rules, if it doesn't work, then don't buy it. Simple !

Lucky......there is no way you can spin this so please stop trying to undo or redefine what you have written. This whole thread, and the other 2 for that matter, is full of people making judgements about others (you included).

There's a big difference in making judgements and being judgemental. Anyone who doesn't make judgements in his daily life is a fool. There's a reason people are often admired for having good judgement. If you don't make some judgements about people you come into contact with you may end up in some unfortunate situations.

I haven't even commented on this subject, but it always seems that when someone cannot justify his poor behavior, the first thing they always do is acuse others of being judgemental.

Edited by Ma Bell

There's a big difference in making judgements and being judgemental. Anyone who doesn't make judgements in his daily life is a fool. There's a reason people are often admired for having good judgement. If you don't make some judgements about people you come into contact with you may end up in some unfortunate situations.

I haven't even commented on this subject, but it always seems that when someone cannot justify his poor behavior, the first thing they always do is acuse others of being judgemental.

All semantics and word smithing. I am not sure of the point of your post but these threads on this topic are full of people being judgemental. The post seems rather vague and ambiguous.

All semantics and word smithing. I am not sure of the point of your post but these threads on this topic are full of people being judgemental. The post seems rather vague and ambiguous.

Not vague or ambiguous at all . I understand it fully.

I can make the judgement call that I don't want to live a certain way , or do a certain thing because it isn't right for me without passing judgement on the person who feels its right for them.

It's called I'll go my way. You go yours.

I am simply trying to make sense of this whole thing...late or not. No one in their right mind is going to refuse their partner a sip of their drink if asked for.......but that goes against the black/white stealing is wrong in every circumstance and situation. The amount is a moot point...blah blah blah. Common sense and reasoning checked out of this topic 3 days ago.

And it isn't fraud either. It is giving a thirsty person a drink to tide them over until they get one of their own. There is nothing fraudulent or criminal in either situation...it is just life happening in real time...not on a blog.

As I stated the other day to Finely, it is shoplifting in the state she resides, I know because I was a Police Officer in that state for 30 years and had similiar situations. Actually the word fraud from what I remember does not even appear in the NJ Criminal Code, it is called Theft by Deception...

Also, I responded to your posts from the other day and they were not removed because you disagreed with someone but because they had personal attacks within them. My posts were removed also because I responded to yours...

I am making no personal opinions on the actions described in this thread...

I

Edited by dkjretired

judgemental is what this board is full of, I don't worry about what my neighbor is doing and I don't judge, I am not buying the beverage package as my thought on it is Celebrity is making out big time on the package price: they make out big time on the price of their drinks period. Those purchasing it will drink more just to break even with the cost and no thanks that is not for me.....if thats what they want to do so be it, who am I to judge?

Anyway enjoy your package and quit worrying about what other people are doing with theirs. Celebrity will raise the prices regardless of the fact that people are sharing or purchasing drinks for their significant other. Thats business, just like the specialty restaurant prices. There is way more mark up on liquor then food and the prices just keep going up and up even in this deflated economy.

As I stated the other day to Finely, it is shoplifting in the state she resides, I know because I was a Police Officer in that state for 30 years and had similiar situations. Actually the word fraud from what I remember does not even appear in the NJ Criminal Code, it is called Theft by Deception...

Also, I responded to your posts from the other day and they were not removed because you disagreed with someone but because they had personal attacks within them. My posts were removed also because I responded to yours...

I am making no personal opinions on the actions described in this thread...

I

Wow! Did you or your colleagues ever arrest anyone for taking a sip of someone else's drink?