Umbrella Stroller Recommendations

jlaxelrod

We are taking our baby on a cruise in December. She will be 9 months old when we go. Ive read that we should bring an umbrella stroller, rather than her normal everyday stroller. Any recommendations on a good one? Id prefer a stroller that reclines so she can take a nap in it, but not sure if that exists.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I personally like the Combi strollers. They have a slight recline and worked out great for us. I would recommend finding one with a good basket under the stroller. I used my umbrella stroller a lot when DD turned 2. It was much easier to drag that thing all over creation than the big one. :)

We're bringing our Joovy Kooper. It's smaller than a full size stroller, has a HUGE sunshade, and reclines almost flat. The seat back is lightly padded, and it pushes nicely. (Much better than cheap-o umbrellas, for sure.)

We got ours (in yellow) for a good deal on Amazon.

I personally like the Combi strollers. They have a slight recline and worked out great for us. I would recommend finding one with a good basket under the stroller. I used my umbrella stroller a lot when DD turned 2. It was much easier to drag that thing all over creation than the big one. :)

We like our Combi stroller too. The nice thing about the Combis is that they can fold up nicely and don't take up a lot of room. And they have the strap in the back so that you can carry it over your shoulder when needed.

We just have a peg perego aria and its great on a cruise. Its a very small full-size stroller with basket tray, full recline full-sunshade. Its fits through every doorway including the cabin door and stores folded in the cabin closet.

We just got off the NCL Jewel today and used a Chicco Capri. It is very portable and doesn't take up too much room. The hallways are small and with the room steward carts in the aisle, we wanted something that wasn't too big! This worked out well!

We just have a peg perego aria and its great on a cruise. Its a very small full-size stroller with basket tray, full recline full-sunshade. Its fits through every doorway including the cabin door and stores folded in the cabin closet.

I'll second this. Folds up great with a handle for carrying. Lots of room, even for big toddlers. Huge sun canopy, fully reclinable.

Ive been looking for one myself. I want one that reclines, has a nice shade (it will be hot in ports and i want her to have some protection from the sun), taller handles (those regular umbrellas seem to be made for short, short people and i'm only 5'5!), and a small basket.

So far i think im going to go with the Combi flare. It fits all my needs.

Something that fits through doorways and hall is not difficult. Something that you can get past a steward's cart sitting in the hall is a different story. Something that doesn't take up too much room on an elevator is another thought you might want to consider.

If you need one with a tray, I think the Peg Perego Aria is a good choice. I personally prefer the Maclaren. It is the best money I ever spent on any child gear. The one drawback is that it doesn't include a tray, but you can order them as an add on.

We took the Chicco Capri Stroller on a cruise last year when our daughter was 9 months old. It reclines only a little (unzips to recline a few inches) but she was able to sleep in it and take naps throughout the day. We took a UV shade that attaches with ties over the top of the stroller shade. It folds up easily and is easy to store.

If you need one with a tray, I think the Peg Perego Aria is a good choice. I personally prefer the Maclaren. It is the best money I ever spent on any child gear. The one drawback is that it doesn't include a tray, but you can order them as an add on.

We bought the Maclaren Quest for our upcoming cruise and LOVE it, and would love a tray for it...in all of my searches for a tray, I have come up empty. Where can I find one that would fit? Thanks for the info. Dot

• 2 weeks later...

I'll triple the rec on the Maclaren.

I'm 5'11" & wife is 5'10" handles are at a good height.

Also other umbi's we tried out, we ended up kicking the back of the thing in a reclining position. Not the Mac.

Has a plastic rain cover that bubble-babies the whole thing.

Great maneuvering, nice padded handles & not too heavy.

Bought 2 yrs ago for a cruise & we still use it all the time.

Malls, shopping ect.

Have had interested parents ask us where we got it and what name it was.

Good Stroller

• 2 weeks later...

Archived