why you chose different shp carriers

frankb12

Thanks for the explanation Confederate. I can see how that makes sense. If you are looking for family fun in the sun, CCL is good. If you want a more mature experience (no children), HAL is good. As you said they're opposite ends of the spectrum, so, without your explanation, liking both seemed contradictory.

I've been on nearly every line out there and for me, it allows me to know which lines I don't want to cruise on. If you cruise more than one line you can make comparisons and realize why one line is a better fit for you. I know that for me, personally, because I usually cruise solo, I avoid lines like NCL and others that cater to a lot of kids. I'm not kid bashing because everyone has the right to cruise, but I prefer to cruise with less kids.

I have been married to the same woman for 37 years, but after 18 cruises we are not married to the same cruise line. We have sailed NCL, the now defunct Premier, HAL, RCCL, Princess, and will sail Celebrity for the first time this winter.

We have chosen lines for various reasons: money, port of departure, itinerary, length, (etc.). Sometimes change can be good. We are looking forward to Celebrity's 21st Century smoking policies.

when we first starting cruising the first 3 times we chose a different line but then we found NCL and 6 cruises with 2 more coming up and 2 ready to book...we FOUND the line we are HAPPY with for now and as long as we are HAPPY we will stay with NCL....but we also see cruising on the other lines again in our cruising future:)

Cruise line execs love to read threads like this one.

It confirms their suspicions that most passengers have no loyalty to a particular cruise line - but have a very strong loyalty only to their wallets.

This is great ammunition during corporate discussions about loyalty programs, and justifies further gutting any perks that are still left.

It confirms their suspicions that most passengers have no loyalty to a particular cruise line - but have a very strong loyalty only to their wallets.

This is great ammunition during corporate discussions about loyalty programs, and justifies further gutting any perks that are still left.

Maybe if the perks really were worth something, more folks would stay loyal to a particular cruiseline!;)

Just asking a question being a first time crusier. Maybe I should have ask what c/line gives the best PERKS

I chose by the level of formality the higher the better which leaves me with basically only Cunard left for what I am seeking. I also find that those who tend to be more formal in their attire and their interests in ship board entertainment, also seem to have more to offer in the way of conversation, life style experiences to share and travel depth. I am certain that the majority will find this approach to be stuffy and that is why Cunard is the last hold out for real formal style cruising even HAL has gone down market in this respect.

I am surprised you have not looked at Silverseas, Seabourn, or Sea Dream. They are more formal than the mainstream lines, and based on their prices, I sure they attract the class of people you are looking for.

As far as Cunard is concerned, I would never sail with them again.

Archived