Appropriate?

lilfish7

I'm trying to find a cute cocktail dress (w/o breakng the bank) for the formal night on our upcoming 5 night RCCL cruise. I wore a floor length evening gown and a cocktail dress on our cruise in January, but want something different!

(Side note: I'm in my mid 20's)

http://www.lulus.com/products/alice-in-zipperland-one-shoulder-dress-in-beige/26291.html

reminds me of something you'd see on Project Runway or something!

http://www.lulus.com/products/center-stage-strapless-dress-in-black/26275.html

What do you think? Are they "formal" enough?

I saw girls our age (I'm 23) in similar dresses on formal nights on Princess a month ago. RCCL was a little less formal than Princess per my memory, so you should be fine especially if you glam it up with some sparkly accessories :)

I'm trying to find a cute cocktail dress (w/o breakng the bank) for the formal night on our upcoming 5 night RCCL cruise. I wore a floor length evening gown and a cocktail dress on our cruise in January, but want something different!

(Side note: I'm in my mid 20's)

http://www.lulus.com/products/alice-in-zipperland-one-shoulder-dress-in-beige/26291.html

reminds me of something you'd see on Project Runway or something!

http://www.lulus.com/products/center-stage-strapless-dress-in-black/26275.html

What do you think? Are they "formal" enough?

Sounds like you might want to know about the site renttherunway dot com....where you can rent the runway...

I like the black one, but the fit is odd at the back below the waist, considering she's such a slim model, there are a few puckers- it looks too tight on the hips and is therefore riding up to form creases. If you buy that one, get someone to check out your rear view! The front is just gorgeous. The grey one is so cute. Very young, perfect.

They're both fine for RCCL's formal night.

I agree with Catlar. If you buy the black one, check out the fit in the back carefully. That extra loose fabric over her right hip looks terrible and when she walks would look even worse.

I guess I'll order it early, in case the back looks odd. I'll keep looking too, just in case I find something else!

I showed DH the beige one and the look on his face was priceless! He said "are you joking?" He's not too hip! :)

I guess I'll order it early, in case the back looks odd. I'll keep looking too, just in case I find something else!

I showed DH the beige one and the look on his face was priceless! He said "are you joking?" He's not too hip! :)

You'll just have to teach him to get with the program!

The beige one is very pretty.

Both dresses are totally appropriate! I always though is I was going to spend money on a dress, I wanted to be able to wear it more than once.

I have seen in the stores that mixed metal jewelry is really popular. The black dress you could do some fun silver and hematite jewelry with a fun color heel??? Red???? Have fun! :p

Archived